IGNORED

Just got a Yggdrasil!

1 minute ago, Samuel T Cogley said:

Does he have any kind of special relationship with the competitor?  Is there a DAC maker that he advocates for as strongly as he savages Schiit?  Just trying to see the other side.

I believe he is now a fan of @PeterSt DAC and says so online. In the past he was a big fan of the Pacific Microsonics (as am I). 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

7 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I believe he is a customer, not competitor. 

He is very close to the dac manufacturer and it is my understanding they know each other very well , maybe personal friends ? 

Mani can clarify when he wakes up from his sweet dreams . 

59 minutes ago, Speed Racer said:

I guess this place allows a random member get away with saying a forum sponsor is both inept and dishonest when neither is true.

Of course it "allows" this - what is the alternative truth finding mechanism?  Our adversarial legal process is in fact beholden to those with the deepest pockets like "forum sponsor's" and the like.  Do you propose a scientific truth standard instead?  Well, that requires the back and forth of examinations, some being right and some wrong, etc.

edit:  besides, what has mani said that was "untrue" - that the Yggy does not measure well?  That it sounds like a blender?  All true as far as I can tell, not that I have ever heard the damn thing.  Frankly, after this "spirited" defense of it I don't want to ever hear it.  In fact, my official position is that the Yggy sucks - and you can bet your last dollar that I am going to repeat this...many times...on the INTERNET!!!

Hey MQA, if it is not all $voodoo$, show us the math!

13 minutes ago, crenca said:

Of course it "allows" this - what is the alternative truth finding mechanism?  Our adversarial legal process is in fact beholden to those with the deepest pockets like "forum sponsor's" and the like.  Do you propose a scientific truth standard instead?  Well, that requires the back and forth of examinations, some being right and some wrong, etc.

edit:  besides, what has mani said that was "untrue" - that the Yggy does not measure well?  That it sounds like a blender?  All true as far as I can tell, not that I have ever heard the damn thing.  Frankly, after this "spirited" defense of it I don't want to ever hear it.  In fact, my official position is that the Yggy sucks - and you can bet your last dollar that I am going to repeat this...many times...on the INTERNET!!!

Sure - makes sense since you've never heard it.  Wow.

John Walker - IT Executive

Headphone - SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > Topping D90 > Topping A90d > Dan Clark Expanse / HiFiMan H6SE v2 / HiFiman Arya Stealth

Home Theater / Music -SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Denon X3700h > Anthem Amp for front channels > Revel F208-based 5.2.4 Atmos speaker system

1 minute ago, jhwalker said:

Sure - makes sense since you've never heard it.  Wow.

Why would I need to hear it?  Only those who slap their mother, kick their dog, and spit on nuns would listen to the Yggy...

Hey MQA, if it is not all $voodoo$, show us the math!

2 hours ago, GUTB said:

But, if you take it in context with all the bad measurements, design flaws and falsehoods he's seen out of Schiit, you can appreciate where he was coming from, emotionally.

22 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

You're the one saying inept and dishonest. 

Seriously? You are going with that? Look at GUTB's post I quite above. I am pretty sure he is saying that Mike at Schiit has design flaws in Yggdrasil and that Schiit has lied to JA.

Maybe you think that is cool. I don't...but it is your site so you get to decide what your sponsors to endure. 

4 minutes ago, Speed Racer said:

You are certain that Schiit has design flaws in Yggdrasil AND has put out falsehoods?

Not at all what I'm saying. I'm not the Minister of Information or the arbiter of truth. Free and open discussion in the forum benefits everyone. Adults can read the posts and decide for themselves what to believe. 

Can you point to something that is patently false?

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

5 hours ago, Samuel T Cogley said:

You're triangulating.  This thread started as someone who recently received a Yggy sharing in the experience.  I submit that a forum newcomer would not have been afforded the amount of tolerance that Mani was for crapping all over the thread.  Even now, you're trying to find some way to save some face by subtly inferring immaturity on my part.

I'm sorry Jud, you have to own some amount of Mani's rudeness in this thread.  He might be an angel in all the other threads.  I only became aware of his existence in this thread.  So perhaps my sample size is small.  But I will say that even in this post, you're still defending his incivility, apparently at my expense.  So be it.

When Hiro started slagging the Yggy, Chris asked Hiro to start a new thread for Yggy slagging.  The fact that reps from Schiit themselves came into the thread might have had something to do with that.  But I'm still rather stunned that Mani's threadcrapping here seems to be formally sanctioned.  No amount of trying to shame me into admitting to immature behavior will change that.  I think we're just going to have to agree to disagree and move on.

No one's shaming, and no one's triangulating.  Over a DAC?  A metal box full of electronics?

About the Yggy, I wanted to mention Jason Stoddard said quite plainly they were rounding, not truncating, and that makes sense to me.  I think JA was indulging in speculation about the cause of the measurements he saw, and I can't see a good reason to credit that over a direct statement from a company principal.  If they really were truncating, the reaction I'd expect would be a defense of that decision, not some stupid attempted coverup.  It's not as if they've shied away from defending any of their design decisions with Yggy or any of their other products for that matter.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

24 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Not at all what I'm saying. I'm not the Minister of Information or the arbiter of truth. Free and open discussion in the forum benefits everyone. Adults can read the posts and decide for themselves what to believe. 

Can you point to something that is patently false?

Sure. That Schiit communicated falsehoods.....

An extremely devoted follower of a particular media (i.e. audio gear)  who takes their love a step further by deriding those who have an opposing opinion. Early use of the term had been directed to anime and Stars Wars "geeks". However, growing popularity of both has limited this stereotype and "newer" fanboy subjects tend to be more polarizing in popularity. Typically, fanboys spend their time lurking around internet messageboards, calling any detractor of their media a "troll", "idiot" or just allege detractor(s) don't "understand" particular subject. Knee-jerk responses like this (over rational, intelligent discussion) makes for quick and easy attribution. Fanboys are also known for creating their own realities and interpretations of their beloved subjects. 

The sad thing is, fanboys don't realize, that these companies that fuel their passion, don't really give a damn about them. Defending a multi-national corporation like their your own family, is ridiculous. These organizations don't come to your house and help you when you're sick, they don't help you move, or drive you to the airport. They don't support you in any way. It's a business, not a friendship. As soon as you can no longer buy their product, you disappear to them.
15 minutes ago, wwaldmanfan said:

There's a handful of people here who spend such an inordinate amount of time pontificating on this forum that one wonders how they have the time to listen to music.

And for those of you who are confused about the above post, "music" is what you play over your sound system when you are done with the test tones.

11 minutes ago, GUTB said:

I assume JA has a basis for believing Schiit told him a falsehood. 

Do you happen to have a reference/link?  I've read what JA wrote about the Yggy's measurements, and it appears he assumed data below 20 bits was truncated, rather than that he knew no rounding was being done.  So where is the source of your statement that JA believed he was lied to?

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.