IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3 (official thread)

Damien, I was rather hoping that with this major and chargeable release the problems with the library would have been fixed, most notably an ability to browse by file structure (people on your A+ forum have been calling it folder view). Could you please let us know when that will happen, as many people have been waiting a long time, and the fix of cutting and pasting from A browser into A+ is inefficient, impossible for non-computerphile partners, and makes the App pointless.

Mac Mini - late 2012: core i5/2.5GHz/16GB/2x1TB SSDs/El Capitan, headless - Audirvana optimised, dedicated USB bus - USB Regen - Chord Dave DAC - tri-amped with Bryston amps - PMC/ATC speaker combo. (Detail in my profile.)

Will be interesting to see if Audirvana can keep the same quality sound when / if it supports streaming through the mRendu ;)

This has been my question since Damien first said we will get micro rendu support in V3.1. If it uses DLNA/MPD, I don't see how the sound quality could be the same because A+ itself is not the player. It's still very useful because I assume you still get to use A+ library management, TIDAL/Qobuz integration, IOS remote and so on. I'm not sure whether things like A+ PCM to DSD conversion would work if it's a DLNA/MPD implementation. We need to get more information from Damien when he's ready to provide further details.

I'm currently using BubbleUPnP on Android or Kazoo/Lumin on iPad with BubbleUPnP Server (for OpenHome support) with my micro rendu. It will be interesting to see what A+ brings to the party.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

Any idea how I transfer my 2.6 License file purchased 2/1/17 to 3.0???

My license number was not included in the email from Avangate and appears to be encoded.

Headless Mac Mini (8gb)>Mavericks>iTunes>Amarra Symphony 2.6 with iRC>iFi iUSB>PS Audio Nu Wave> PS Audio 4.6 passive>CJ MF 2250>Thiel 1.6 + REL 205 & Parasound Halo A23>KEF LS50.

Quick bug note: it appears Spotlight does not restart properly after stopping playback or exiting Audirvana.

This was working well in all the 2.x releases (as I recall), but is broken for me in 3.x.

I had the same think happen with the last 2.6.x release. I had to use the command line to restart it. I forgot to let Damien know about that issue.

Any idea how I transfer my 2.6 License file purchased 2/1/17 to 3.0???

My license number was not included in the email from Avangate and appears to be encoded.

On your computer, locate your license file from v2. The document suffix is .audlic

Open the file in TextEdit. About 16 lines down, your license number will be shown like this:

<key>OrderRef</key>

<string>38XXXX90</string>

<key>City</key>

Go to the Audirvana Plus website. Click Buy Now > Upgrade

Enter your info and number

So...here's a dumb question. How do I find the Tidal "Masters" on my remote app

I think the answer is we don't. Perhaps a good solution is to create an MQA playlist from within the Tidal desktop version and use it with A+.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Streaming to µRendu and others is coming with next release 3.1 :)

I know that is too early as the 3.0 it was just released but could you give a very rough (months, end of year ....) expectation for 3.1 ?

I was a main Audirvana user until last year when I've start to use HQP for one reason only: streaming to NAA client. This allow me to put my Audio equipment in its place, away from the computer. In terms of user interface HQP is horrible, less than that is command line interface so, most of the time I'm browsing my library with Audirvana to choose what to listen and then play them in HQP. It is annoying but that's it. I was expecting this feature (streaming) to be part of 3.0 and I still think that was about to make the biggest difference. Unfortunately didn't happened. Instead we have the MQA ...

I was considering Roon but from my point of view is much to expensive. I could afford it but I don't have any use for those extra feature that is said to make it so expensive. If the streaming feature is still far away maybe is no point to wait for it another year.

Couple of minor issues to report:

1) SysOptimiser does not seem to disable Spotlight on my system? Mac OS Sierra 10.12.3

2) On playback 'stop' my DAC (Audiolab M DAC +) displays the last sample rate played rather than defaulting back to 44.1khz. This was always the case when I trialled Roon but not with last version of A+

Edit - needed some patience....

1) SysOptimiser does not seem to disable Spotlight on my system? Mac OS Sierra 10.12.3

Seems that this takes a while to kick in, I checked again after playing a few tracks and it was disabled.

As others report on playback 'stop' it does not enable again, but does on A+ application close :)

I use 3 Qnap NAS.

Each of them has their own IP.

But they have in part the same directory structure.

Main Directory is Multimedia. In there is a Subdirectory named Music. In there different directories containing the Music Files.

Apple mounts all my NAS with the Directory Multimedia and not with their IP Numbers. Means there are now 3 Multimedia mounts on my MAC.

Audirvana gets messed up because there are now 3 Nas mounts with the same name.

Roon does it right and mounts all by IP numbers and not by names. There no problems with Nas mounts in Roon.

With Audirvana thats a problem right now. I can use only one NAS mount, without creating a mess in Audirvana playlists etc...

That naming convention should be changed to be able to use more than one NAS.

Thank you

Thank you.

Audirvana

Just released minor update 3.0.1 with the fix for the DSD to PCM playing speed.

For owners of Teac 503 DACs, please note their is an issue in these DACs current firmware that causes an incompatibility with the MQA capability detection. This results in inability to start playback.

Until Teac fixes this with an updated firmware, I've made a build without the MQA DAC management. You can get it from here

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

So...here's a dumb question. How do I find the Tidal "Masters" on my remote app

I believe it's a subhead of "New," but I could be wrong - will try to check later this afternoon or evening.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Are you saying this about non-MQA files? I just want to understand if you're excited about software decoded TIDAL MQA material, or non-MQA local/streaming input.

Again... :)

An improvement has been made in the A+ "playback engine." This is part of A+ itself, and is used whether you are listening to MQA or not, whether you are upsampling or not - any time you listen to A+ v 3.x, you are hearing the improved playback engine. If you don't hear a difference yourself, that's fine. My own subjective experience is that I agree with AudioDoctor, wwaldmanfan, etc., that the improvement is significant.

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

I believe it's a subhead of "New," but I could be wrong - will try to check later this afternoon or evening.

It is, but that's just a subset of what MQA albums are available - with Beyoncé always first of course.

I'm surprised that Tidal haven't provided someway of identifying the MQA albums given the publicity they gave to being able to stream MQA.

It is, but that's just a subset of what MQA albums are available - with Beyoncé always first of course.

I'm surprised that Tidal haven't provided someway of identifying the MQA albums given the publicity they gave to being able to stream MQA.

Ah, so all the MQA versions aren't considered new at this point? Because I've found some old albums there.

New just seems to mean new to Tidal, not newly released.

Right, which is why I thought all the MQA albums, being new to Tidal, would be listed. Not, eh? Nothing like making your shiny new toys hard to find.

But more on topic, does the "New" category in A+ and the A+ remote have the same albums as you find looking at the "New" category in the Tidal desktop app? 'Cause that's really all we can ask of Damien, I think - anything else is on the Tidal folks.

There's a list of what's available here, but it's a crowd sourced list so probably doesn't include everything...

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10VtON9VjMAt3uyHC2-Oo2MjIa3orv9DKZfwiRQKmTAA/htmlview#

As obsessional audiophiles we move rapidly into kvetching, wish-lists, error-identification. I just want to say thank you for this new version. MQA files through my Mytek Brooklyn sound sensational, significantly better than through Tidal's app. And I agree that the sound improvement is across the board. This software is a great achievement.

Desktop: SonicTranporter i7, Ubiquiti switch, optical, OpticalRendu, Musician Pegasus, Linear Tube MicroZOTL 3, ZMF Verite Open

Main: SonicTransporter i7, Uniquiti switch, optical, EtherRegen, Lumin U1, Bricasti M3, Naim 252/250, DeVore Gibbon Nines

Thanks for those keeping up the google list of MQA tracks. I wish Tidal would automatically keep a comprehensive list as well under Masters--at least for now while the list is not that expansive. I think MQA brings out more ambience and micro details. It's hard to be sure as everything through A+3 seems to sound pretty spectacular. I would have to A/B tracks, but right now, I don't want to. I'm really enjoying A+3.

But more on topic, does the "New" category in A+ and the A+ remote have the same albums as you find looking at the "New" category in the Tidal desktop app? 'Cause that's really all we can ask of Damien, I think - anything else is on the Tidal folks.

I believe so - certainly I saw very familiar ones from Tidal in the Audirvana list.

How was the 12/25 established as the free upgrade date? It irks me that I purchased V 2.5x on 12-13-16.

HD-PLEX LPS > SLK (Chinese) DC Power Cable > Mac Mini 2012 (Uptone MMK / SnakeOil OS) > LPS-1 > UpTone ISO Regen > USPCB > Chord Mojo > WireWorld Nano-Silver Eclipse > AudioEngine A2+

I believe so - certainly I saw very familiar ones from Tidal in the Audirvana list.

As far as I can tell, exactly the same - I think Damien is just parsing the content from Tidal with a different "wrapper".

John Walker - IT Executive

Headphone - SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > Topping D90 > Topping A90d > Dan Clark Expanse / HiFiMan H6SE v2 / HiFiman Arya Stealth

Home Theater / Music -SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Denon X3700h > Anthem Amp for front channels > Revel F208-based 5.2.4 Atmos speaker system