IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3 (official thread)

@damien,

Thank you for the great job on the A+ Version 3.

I'm still on the 2.6 version. will stay on 2.6 and wait until a version which will add the "lecture en fondu" option.

regards

safita.

I don't speak French, so I must apologize that "lecture en fondu" appears to me as something like "talking about melted cheese." Not that I would mind, but I'm guessing this isn't an A+ feature you are waiting for. :)

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

@damien,

Thank you for the great job on the A+ Version 3.

I'm still on the 2.6 version. will stay on 2.6 and wait until a version which will add the "lecture en fondu" option.

regards

safita.

I mean the crossfader option. Damien knows what I'm talking about. because second year now I'm waiting for that option.

He added the "same volume" option for tracks, album. But it remains the most important for me : crossfader option (1 to 20 sec). the same option exist in Itunes.

DAPs : Astell&Kern AK380 - Cowon X9

IEM/Headphones : Shure SE846 - Denon AHD600 - Sony 1RNC

Amp. : Centrance HiFi-M8 LX XL4

Macbook Pro 2011 > Audirvana Plus 2 + Remote IOS App > Cable AudioQuest USB PEARL 1.5 > Speaker Sony SRS-X99

Hi Guys

I just had install AP3 upgrading from v2.61. My DAC is Luxman DA06 and MacPro running Maverick.

After install I can't play anything... When I start play AP3 shows loading first track and nothing happens and AP3 goes to "stop running" and I have to kill AP3...

When I unplugged Luxman and try MacBook built in output everything works including MQA tracks..

Off course is an incompatibility of AP3 and Luxman DA06, that have being working perfectly with AP2.61

Anybody realize the same issue?

mgaluzzi[br] MBP early 2011 Yosemite, DAC Luxman DA06, USB Cable Light Harmonics, Luxman L590-AX Integrated, Acrolink Interconnects, Kubala and Acrolink Power cables, ELAC 249 LoudSpeakers with ASI Liveline biwire

Problems:

Mac mini Mavericks > Icron Extender > Intona > MPD-3

Wayyyy to long to switch from Redbook to DSD64 via DoP, in fact hangs on DSD64.

Redbook, upper treble is splashy.

Stage height not that great.

Doesn't quit clean, have to Force Quit, then with some persistence.

Just dragged and dropped, dare not start with a library until playback works.

Could be the Mac Mini, the same chain with Windows works fine.

Not a go-er then at our house. Will try again in a few months.

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA

@bobbmd

I don't think so, seam to be different issue regarding a Luxman DA06 DAC incompabilitly with A+ version 3

mgaluzzi[br] MBP early 2011 Yosemite, DAC Luxman DA06, USB Cable Light Harmonics, Luxman L590-AX Integrated, Acrolink Interconnects, Kubala and Acrolink Power cables, ELAC 249 LoudSpeakers with ASI Liveline biwire

Did you open the image file and then copy over the new version of the app?

Of course I did, when I went to the A+ website to download it AFTER THE IN APP DOWNLOAD, INSTALL, AND RESTART FAILED TO WORK...

Downloading it from the website worked Damien, it is only the in app installer that did not work, as I said initially.

No electron left behind.

@bobbmd

I don't think so, seam to be different issue regarding a Luxman DA06 DAC incompabilitly with A+ version 3

I have a Luxman DA06 and its working fine, but I am on Mac OS Sierra

Are you trying to use Direct Mode by chance? I can't remember when that stopped working. Did you replace the kext file to get Direct Mode working after Apple borked it?

No electron left behind.

Just downloaded 3.0.1 without a hitch. All settings, smart folders etc intact. I am noticing a significant improvement in sound quality (listening to my usual test recordings). Was expecting an improvement but this seems substantial. Others coming to a similar conclusion? Very happy so far - Damien, thank you very much! Well worth the upgrade fee!

Of course I did, when I went to the A+ website to download it AFTER THE IN APP DOWNLOAD, INSTALL, AND RESTART FAILED TO WORK...

Downloading it from the website worked Damien, it is only the in app installer that did not work, as I said initially.

Understood. For some reason, the app did not find the new version and I had to download it from the web site and install it manually. Hence my confusion.

A few days ago I purchased the Audirvana 3.0 upgrade. I run Audirvana on 2 computers using the same license. This has never been a problem. With Audirvana 3.0 I run into problems now each time I start Audirvana. I’ve sent several emails to Damien but got no response. I am just wondering if I am the only one encountering this problem.

After the install on the first Mac entering the license key caused no problems. After the install on the second Mac I got the message that the key was invalid. I started in Trial mode and entered the key later, which was accepted.

For one day it was possible to run Audirvana on 2 Macs (I did not try simultaneously as I never do that).

Since yesterday I encounter the problem that when starting Audirvana I get the message ‘Too many installs’. When I start in Trial mode and enter the key later the key is accepted and all runs fine. I have to go through this procedure each time I start Audirvana.

Maybe Damien reads this and can offer some help to solve this.

Just downloaded 3.0.1 without a hitch. All settings, smart folders etc intact. I am noticing a significant improvement in sound quality (listening to my usual test recordings). Was expecting an improvement but this seems substantial. Others coming to a similar conclusion? Very happy so far - Damien, thank you very much! Well worth the upgrade fee!

I agree, only thing taken from memory (2.6.6) is that now the last (lowest) octave seems a bit shy. Stage presentation is fenomenal and "release from speakers" is the best so far on my system. :-)

Doesn't quit clean, have to Force Quit, then with some persistence.

something similar is happening on my Mac mini too since 2.6: takes a "pretty long" time to quit, staying on an "all white" UI until it finally does. v3 shuts down *a little* faster and without the all white UI while shutting down

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > Metrum Acoustics Forte power amplifier (or  First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall IV

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

av3 when used from boot up plays ok if i stop it and use itunes ok, if i go back to av3, watching midi output and press play it switches from dac to built in output.im on elcap,This midi output situation is a pain in the arse for me and everone i know trying to use this set up ,does anyone know of a terminal script that will fix the output FOREVER as i never ever want to use built in output,PLEASE.

Running Mac OS Maverick I'm always use Exclusive and Direct Mode with A+ 2.6 and Luxman DA06.

I already have tried to disable both Modes and the still happens.

Even though I'm using Maverick ,where both Modes works, I need to replace de kext file that you mentioned? I believe not...

I would like to keep currently Mac OS Maverick that IMO faster than Sierra (boot less than 15seg) and considering this Mac is dedicated to A+

something similar is happening on my Mac mini too since 2.6: takes a "pretty long" time to quit, staying on an "all white" UI until it finally does. v3 shuts down *a little* faster and without the all white UI while shutting down

Perhaps A+ is trying to flush memory or waits for the DAC to disengage but cannot. I don't get a seamless operation with this DAC even for 2.x versions either. Cruises along OK, then hangs.

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA

Perhaps A+ is trying to flush memory or waits for the DAC to disengage but cannot.

I also tried, to no avail, disengaging the DAC first ("square button" in A+)

:-|

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > Metrum Acoustics Forte power amplifier (or  First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall IV

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

I agree, only thing taken from memory (2.6.6) is that now the last (lowest) octave seems a bit shy. Stage presentation is fenomenal and "release from speakers" is the best so far on my system. :-)

"Release from speakers" (term not familiar with) might be a good description of the sound improvement; I was thinking along the lines of a removal of a veil. The low end seems tighter and more accurate on my system. I'm still blown away by the degree of improvement.

Sent from my iPad using Computer Audiophile

But I think exactly the same albums are listed.

Edit: Sorry if my answer was confusing - what I mean is that in the Tidal desktop app itself, there is a "Masters" tab within New, one within Recommended, etc. (not certain - does the desktop app have a separate Masters view on its own, not as a subcategory?). I don't mind that the Masters are shown in one spot, rather than several, in A+ Remote.

What do do when the Masters are no longer considered new is up to Tidal, I guess.

Still confused. How do I know if I'm listening to a Tidal "Master"? If I want to listen to "Masters", how do I go about doing that in Audirvana Plus? Sorry, I must be missing something.

Still confused. How do I know if I'm listening to a Tidal "Master"? If I want to listen to "Masters", how do I go about doing that in Audirvana Plus? Sorry, I must be missing something.

Are you signed up for Tidal Premium? That's a Tidal thing, not A+. If/when you are (and have linked your Tidal account in A+ streaming prefs), in both the app and remote, under Tidal/New you can select Masters as a subcategory.

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Audiophile

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Have been using Audirvana Plus 3.0.0.1 (3005) and have been getting "Audirvana Plus quit unexpectedly" errors. This has happened 3 or 4 times in the past couple of days. Usually happens after leaving audirvana open and not playing for awhile after leaving computer i.e. over night or for several hours away. Come back and have this message.

Anyone else having this issue?