IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3 (official thread)

So the Lightning DS app for my aries mini has a "Masters" tab within Tidal. So you have New, Recommended, Top 20, Masters, etc etc. That would be my request for A+ Remote.

But I think exactly the same albums are listed.

Edit: Sorry if my answer was confusing - what I mean is that in the Tidal desktop app itself, there is a "Masters" tab within New, one within Recommended, etc. (not certain - does the desktop app have a separate Masters view on its own, not as a subcategory?). I don't mind that the Masters are shown in one spot, rather than several, in A+ Remote.

What do do when the Masters are no longer considered new is up to Tidal, I guess.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

I would have to A/B tracks, but right now, I don't want to.

Like this. :)

Edit: fheller, after I posted this I saw yours, and it may have looked like I was responding to you. Please be reassured I wasn't.

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Just released minor update 3.0.1 with the fix for the DSD to PCM playing speed.

For owners of Teac 503 DACs, please note their is an issue in these DACs current firmware that causes an incompatibility with the MQA capability detection. This results in inability to start playback.

Until Teac fixes this with an updated firmware, I've made a build without the MQA DAC management. You can get it from here

I installed 3.0 and quickly discovered Tidal playback from the desktop app was a definite no go with my Marantz NA8005. Are you aware of any compatibility issues with my device similar to the Teac 503?

I am an A+ version 2 user who exclusively uses drag-and-drop. What new goodies in version 3 will motivate me to pony up $40 for the upgrade?

15 days free trial...

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Audiophile

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

Hi johnwilk,

I see you have the same DAC as me, Mytek Brooklyn.

In the audio system settings of Audirvana 3 it says "no MQA device detected" and doesn't automatically detect DSD function of the Brooklyn either.

Do you have the same?

I have to manually select "DSD over PCM standard 1.1" and "MQA decoder device".

I just test version 3.0 for about 2 hours, sound is very good, but i still prefer my HQPlayer and Audiolinux NAA combo.

Hackintosh I7 16GB Ram, Roon, HQPlayer, Drobo 8 TB NAS, Raspberry Pi 3 NAA, Gustard X20 ES 9018 Xmos, Audio GD C39 Preamp, The First ONE DIY Amp, Monitor Audio GS20 Speakers, Monitor Audio RSW12 Subwoofer, PI Audio MagikBuss filter.

I am an A+ version 2 user who exclusively uses drag-and-drop. What new goodies in version 3 will motivate me to pony up $40 for the upgrade?

the Sound Quality improvement, really! No risk you can try 15 days before buying.

IsoTek evo3 Sirius⎪Late 2009 27" iMac 20GB w/SSD, 10.10.x ➤Audirvana Plus 3.0.x (Exclusive Direct Integer Mode 1, NOS) & Qobuz HiFi Sublime+ ➤Curious Cables ➤UpTone Audio ISO REGEN (UpTone Audio UltraCap LPS-1 (Breeze Audio R-Core Linear PSU)) ➤UpTone Audio USPCB ➤iFi micro iDAC2 running v5.2a (Bit-Perfect) serving:

➤Nobsound SE OTL headphone amp on Herbie's Soft Tenderfoot (selected tubes with Herbie's UltraSonic Rx) with IsoTek evo3 Premier power cable⎪Audez'e LCD-2 Rev. 2 on Moon Audio Silver Dragon V3 Premium cable

➤Audioengine A5+ with AudioQuest Power NRG-1 cable

➤iFi micro iTube2 ➤Denon AVR-A100 100th Anniversary Edition with IsoTek evo3 Premier power cable on IsoTek evo3 Aquarius⎪B&W 804 D3 bi-amped on Inakustik cables

Never thought so. Still hope it will work one day.

I have a situation in which it might be helpful as well: the same external HDD attached to my desktop - so the same IP address - treated as two different drives by Apple, and therefore A+, when I run Windows versus Linux on the desktop.

Jud: your post #122- in my case I get nothing in terms of music/sound from iZotope or Apple CoreAudio for NON MQA albums or playlists.

An MQA song plays ie the sound bar is moving A+3 tells me in the upper right hand and left corners what the is being sent and played by my ME2 ie12/44.1,24/44, 24/48, 24/352, 24/192 to 192/48/96/352 from the DAC. I get no sound/music in non MQA albums or playlists same goes for Qobuz or integrated iTUNES but A3+ tells what bits the song is being delivered in but it never reaches my listening source ie avr my Senn hd 598's or RS-195's-the sound bar moves and I get 1-3 white lights on ME2 but no sound! If I go to TIDAL WEB/desktop app I get music in MQA and non MQA formats ie HiFi if I go to Qobuz desktop or their new WEB player I get music in FLAC with all the appropriate lights blue or white on ME2. ROON gives me MQA for my TIDAL playlists I made.

It has to be from A3+ not my mac/USB or the ME2 or my avr. Any idea what is going on and better yet how to fix this?

bobbmd

A3+ is only delivering MQA!

see my other posts here #110/169

I have emailed A+ support and their blog page

Jud: your post #122- in my case I get nothing in terms of music/sound from iZotope or Apple CoreAudio for NON MQA albums or playlists.

An MQA song plays ie the sound bar is moving A+3 tells me in the upper right hand and left corners what the is being sent and played by my ME2 ie12/44.1,24/44, 24/48, 24/352, 24/192 to 192/48/96/352 from the DAC. I get no sound/music in non MQA albums or playlists same goes for Qobuz or integrated iTUNES but A3+ tells what bits the song is being delivered in but it never reaches my listening source ie avr my Senn hd 598's or RS-195's-the sound bar moves and I get 1-3 white lights on ME2 but no sound! If I go to TIDAL WEB/desktop app I get music in MQA and non MQA formats ie HiFi if I go to Qobuz desktop or their new WEB player I get music in FLAC with all the appropriate lights blue or white on ME2. ROON gives me MQA for my TIDAL playlists I made.

It has to be from A3+ not my mac/USB or the ME2 or my avr. Any idea what is going on and better yet how to fix this?

bobbmd

A3+ is only delivering MQA!

see my other posts here #110/169

I have emailed A+ support and their blog page

Sorry, but I have no idea. Very strange, and I haven't seen anything like that.

downloaded 3.0.1 it worked until reboot then it will load song but not play it ,this is library and tidal.

Computer/A+ not seeing your DAC?

Jud: Your reply #215-thank you. It is strange and even more so with the MQA TIDAL playlist I made of all the DEAD's Masters I included some non MQA Dead stuff and the Tribute to Jerry album THEY don't play even within the MQA playlist ie no sound! All the MQA Dead albums play!

Hey Damien,

Downloaded 3.0.1 after being a new user totally and have liked it a lot ever since. Previously I used my iPhone and tidal. The quality was good in my opinion but since downloading A+ I am more impressed in particular with the MQA stuff on Tidal, just wish the library was bigger but that will come in time perhaps.

My question is, do you have an idea of when direct mode will be fixed for the latest Mac update? Am I missing out on much for not being able to use it currently? I have seen the posts saying that it works on everything before the current most recent update. Annoying as I only upgraded just before I bought A+ yesterday and wish I had stayed on El Capitan now!!

Please let me know if possible thanks.

MIDI seems to see the SPDIF and iTunes works !

What do your A+ preferences show?

Hey Damien,

Downloaded 3.0.1 after being a new user totally and have liked it a lot ever since. Previously I used my iPhone and tidal. The quality was good in my opinion but since downloading A+ I am more impressed in particular with the MQA stuff on Tidal, just wish the library was bigger but that will come in time perhaps.

My question is, do you have an idea of when direct mode will be fixed for the latest Mac update? Am I missing out on much for not being able to use it currently? I have seen the posts saying that it works on everything before the current most recent update. Annoying as I only upgraded just before I bought A+ yesterday and wish I had stayed on El Capitan now!!

Please let me know if possible thanks.

No way for him to know when or even if direct mode will work again. The reason it doesn't work is a change in the OS made by Apple, and there's been no indication from them when or whether there'll be a change back.

@damien,

Thank you for the great job on the A+ Version 3.

I'm still on the 2.6 version. will stay on 2.6 and wait until a version which will add the "lecture en fondu" option.

regards

safita.

DAPs : Astell&Kern AK380 - Cowon X9

IEM/Headphones : Shure SE846 - Denon AHD600 - Sony 1RNC

Amp. : Centrance HiFi-M8 LX XL4

Macbook Pro 2011 > Audirvana Plus 2 + Remote IOS App > Cable AudioQuest USB PEARL 1.5 > Speaker Sony SRS-X99