IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3 (official thread)

Audirvana Plus 3.0 is now officially available!

Enjoy!

Damien

PS: there is still 15 days trial period fully functional.

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

10 minutes after your post above Damien, A+ 2.6.6 is telling me it is the latest version as well.

Maybe you shouldn't believe it in this case. ;)

(Seriously, good that you alerted everyone to the upgrade reminder not yet functioning.)

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

do I have to backup v2 library (... and preferences?), in case I want to go back, or v3 and v2 libraries are compatible?

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > Metrum Acoustics Forte power amplifier (or  First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

do I have to backup v2 library (... and preferences?), in case I want to go back, or v3 and v2 libraries are compatible?

May as well back up in any case, yes? I *think* I recall the libraries being compatible, but am not certain as I sit here. (I am at home, but my wife has a bad cold and is resting in front of the TV, so no music for me until later. I'm typing in the office upstairs. :) )

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

If I have a license for 2.6 is the upgrade free, or do I need to re-buy?

Upgrade is free for 2.x purchases since Dec 25th, 2016 CET

For other 2.x (or 1.x) owners upgrade is USD39 or €34 (+ VAT for Europeans)

Installed and playing! It does sound different and I think better....what did you change?

I've further optimised the audio playback engine :D

You should make a backup in this case as v3 library has added columns for MQA authenticity information.

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

Not sure what is going on. I downloaded the trial version of 3.0. The GUI and everything else looks exactly the same as v.2x, no changes to prefs, or anything else. The attached user manual also says v2.6. Do I have to delete something on my hard drive? I've already deleted the library files, and recreated them, since I only use it in basic, Play Queue mode anyway.

It is the same library... like the one in one file, like the later version of 2

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Audiophile

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

I have A+ 2.6.6 purchased last summer. Do I need to delete that version in order to fully hear 3.0? Or do I just download 3.0 and run it without regard to 2.6.6?

Thanks!

Upgrade is free for 2.x purchases since Dec 25th, 2016 CET

For other 2.x (or 1.x) owners upgrade is USD39 or €34 (+ VAT for Europeans)

I've further optimised the audio playback engine :D

You should make a backup in this case as v3 library has added columns for MQA authenticity information.

I have A+ 2.6.6 purchased last summer. Do I need to delete that version in order to fully hear 3.0? Or do I just download 3.0 and run it without regard to 2.6.6?

Thanks!

I am running them both side by side right now, so no. Just click "keep both" when installing it.

No electron left behind.

When you guys talk about improved sound quality in a given version of Audirvana are you talking about the default settings without upsampling?

Sent from my iPad using Computer Audiophile

Yep. See above where Damien talks about the audio playback engine, which does not reside in the iZotope upsampling capability.

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Audiophile