IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3 (official thread)

2 hours ago, MemoryPlayer said:

Is that possible I go back to A+ 2.6.8 and get a refund of upgrade charge?

That would seem civilized since it wasn't disclosed before upgrading that v3.x would require internet connection and periodic checking of license status.

2012 Mac Mini, Mac Sierra OS, Audirvana 3.x, WireWorld Ultraviolet 7 USB Interconnect, Benchmark DAC2 L, Wireworld Equinox 7 Balanced XLR Interconnect, Belles 350A Amp, DIY Speaker Cables (18 strands of 22awg wire in circular array), DIY Carver Ribbon Speakers & Dayton Woofers

6 minutes ago, damien78 said:

I'm sorry the acclaimed increase in SQ of the version 3 is revealing some of your system bias. I'll be happy to help you find the settings to compensate this and find the sound that pleases your most.

If you want to lessen high frequencies brightness, you can reduce strongly the steepness of the upsampling filter, while using power of two upsampling.

Regarding the licensing mechanism, I'll increase the no connection grace period to 60 days. This means you'll get a complaint from Audirvana Plus if you relaunch it while your computer has not been connected for a consecutive period of 60 days. FYI, it is checking the license only when starting.

And I'm not sure any one here will live disconnected for such a long period.

In my case I will never use MQA and for my taste 2.6.8 sounds better, so I think I waste my money fot nothing!

If it is impossible downgrade with refund, let us know. Thanks Damien.

17 minutes ago, DayJay said:

I'm amazed at how much moaning there has been on this strand recently, hopefully it will drop off now that the Internet connection is only required every 60 days.  I can understand posts reporting bugs, and frustrations when it doesn't work in a system, but at the end of the day it costs buttons, sounds brilliant and is easily the best value component in my system.  If only the app had a little more functionality..... 

+1 Agreed

I haven't seen any upgrades on the app for a long time. Would be nice to be able to create playlists from the app.

Also, would be nice to have a forum dedicated to functionality requests / bug reports, because it often gets lost in the pages of people discussing their thoughts on licensing etc.

I'm still not able to get the sysoptimizer to work on 3.0.5

I would like to request a feature to not wake the screen when the app connects to audirvana library

4 hours ago, damien78 said:

Regarding the licensing mechanism, I'll increase the no connection grace period to 60 days. This means you'll get a complaint from Audirvana Plus if you relaunch it while your computer has not been connected for a consecutive period of 60 days. FYI, it is checking the license only when starting.

And I'm not sure any one here will live disconnected for such a long period.

From my point of view a max bimonthly period between check-in is not in itself a problem, but is doesn't address my primary concern that I don't want to suddenly find I have no hifi play capability because Damien's site has gone down, for whatever reason. However unlikely it might be considered to be, it can happen temporarily for any number of reasons, and permanently if either Damien decides to go and do something else, or suffers some catastrophic mishap. (Good health to you Damien - which I mean out of humanilty even more than fear for my music playing).

Mac Mini - late 2012: core i5/2.5GHz/16GB/2x1TB SSDs/El Capitan, headless - Audirvana optimised, dedicated USB bus - USB Regen - Chord Dave DAC - tri-amped with Bryston amps - PMC/ATC speaker combo. (Detail in my profile.)

46 minutes ago, mikeypas said:

Also, would be nice to have a forum dedicated to functionality requests / bug reports, because it often gets lost in the pages of people discussing their thoughts on licensing etc.

That would be a useful forum.

My contribution would be to request fully functioning browsing by the music storage directory/file structure to facilitate use with collections having inconsistent, incomplete or missing metadata, thereby allowing viewing by whatever criteria the user may consider appropriate without having to add or amend all metadata, while also instantly fixing problems like duplicated or invisible albums or tracks.

Mac Mini - late 2012: core i5/2.5GHz/16GB/2x1TB SSDs/El Capitan, headless - Audirvana optimised, dedicated USB bus - USB Regen - Chord Dave DAC - tri-amped with Bryston amps - PMC/ATC speaker combo. (Detail in my profile.)

55 minutes ago, mikeypas said:

+1 Agreed

I haven't seen any upgrades on the app for a long time. Would be nice to be able to create playlists from the app.

I'm still not able to get the sysoptimizer to work on 3.0.5

I would like to request a feature to not wake the screen when the app connects to audirvana library

We had a feature request thread in the past for 2.0, feel free to create a new one.

first "feature request" is... can we finally know which devices/protocols, if any apart the microRendu, is the upcoming v3.1 going to support?

so far it's among the best kept secrets in the world 9_9

(since we all already know Area 51 is real and they do have aliens there :P )

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > Metrum Acoustics Forte power amplifier (or  First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

3 hours ago, fbczar said:

You knew when you upgraded that the primary reason for version 3 was MQA, right?

Only MQA NOT, I wanted also support Damien's effort, but never has a downgrade SQ!

If look for my previous posts, will see that at the same time that I bought the upgrade, I also bought Amarra 4 for the same amount, and I'm listening lately ONLY to the last one...

P.S:

By now, I'm testing Roon with bootcamp Win10 Pro dedicated to audio, that has the best sound with DSD256 upsampling, except HQ Player!  The tips of the thread below, changed the way I'm listening to music and forget about softwares and hardwares! After 9 years as Mac user, I think is time to evolute with SQ, since Tim Cook doesn't want Apple give us the best option...

5 hours ago, AudioDoctor said:

39$ and you want a refund???

Seriously?  Did you not use the trial period to evaluate it in your system beforehand?

Edit:  @damien78  I couldn't be happier with A+ 3.0

1) Yes, why not if I paid for a downgrade in sound quality?

2) Seriously, I like to enjoy when I pay for 3.90, 39.00, 390.00 or 3,900.00.

3) Yes with some softwares, but not with A+ 3.0!

It was in other words, a waste of money. 

8 hours ago, MemoryPlayer said:

1) Yes, why not if I paid for a downgrade in sound quality?

2) Seriously, I like to enjoy when I pay for 3.90, 39.00, 390.00 or 3,900.00.

3) Yes with some softwares, but not with A+ 3.0!

It was in other words, a waste of money. 

There is a free trial specifically so you can test the software and decide if you like it or not.  If you did use it, and decided you liked it and purchased, you are responsible for your decision.  If you did not take advantage of that test period and bought the software, you are still responsible for your decision.

You are responsible for your decisions, good and bad.

No electron left behind.