IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3 (official thread)

14 minutes ago, Serpieri said:

I have licenses for the version 2.x of the software.  I downloaded the demo for 3.x.  How does one go about getting the license key to make 3.x valid again?

Find the v.2 license document on your computer. The file suffix is .audlic. Open that file in TextEdit. About 16 strings down, your license key will be shown like this:

<key>OrderRef</key>

<string>38XXX90</string>

<key>City</key>

That 7-digit code is your customer number. Enter it where prompted on the Audirvana update page, and pay the upgrade fee.

I noticed a recent issue of diacritics not being recognized in syncing the library. I had previously added three albums from the artist Cheikh Lô, only originally had spelled it Cheikh Lo. Later I made the change in iTunes to replace artist and album artist with the correct spelling of Cheikh Lô. When I did a later sync in Audirvana 3.0.3 it failed to recognize these changes and left the names as Cheikh Lo throughout all the albums. Any thoughts on how to prompt AV to recognize the changed name?

27 minutes ago, jumpsturdy said:

I noticed a recent issue of diacritics not being recognized in syncing the library. I had previously added three albums from the artist Cheikh Lô, only originally had spelled it Cheikh Lo. Later I made the change in iTunes to replace artist and album artist with the correct spelling of Cheikh Lô. When I did a later sync in Audirvana 3.0.3 it failed to recognize these changes and left the names as Cheikh Lo throughout all the albums. Any thoughts on how to prompt AV to recognize the changed name?

Have you tried to change the settings in the View Menu Bar of Audirvana... Show Artists List

find her on the left and change it on the right to reverse names, enter, save

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

18 minutes ago, jumpsturdy said:

Further, I can't find where to change metadata for album artist. Is there a way to change album artist within the view metadata column?

Album Artist is where i told you for changing them...

Artist only is in meta panel when doing command i

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

17 minutes ago, Frojo said:

I have been adding 'album artists' to my ITunes library in addition to the existing 'artist' listings -all to no avail, it is not syncing, or recognising the changes when i delete the library and re-sync.

Try forgetting iTunes  :-)

you can click on the itunes menu in A+ menu bar and deselect it... then A+ will ask where is your music... just select your hard drive or folder and sync without iTunes... then see if it is worse  or not... if it the same, stay out of iTunes  :-)  you can always go back...

4 minutes ago, RunHomeSlow said:

you can click on the itunes menu in A+ menu bar and deselect it... then A+ will ask where is your music... just select your hard drive or folder and sync without iTunes... then see if it is worse  or not... if it the same, stay out of iTunes  :-)  you can always go back...

I am not sure i understand- if all of my music is in the ITunes library, how do i bypass it?I am not using the 'iTunes integrated' option. ( forgive my ignorance-relatively new to Audirvana)

1 minute ago, Frojo said:

I am not sure i understand- if all of my music is in the ITunes library, how do i bypass it?I am not using the 'iTunes integrated' option. ( forgive my ignorance-relatively new to Audirvana)

tell A+ where is your media folder... iTunes puts it somewhere.... like User folder... your house folder...music folder... itunes folder...

I am not syncing to iTunes, merely using it for entering metadata. I am directly syncing to an external drive which holds my music folder. Making the changes in the view menu bar is not being reflected in the metadata of the tracks or albums.

But regardless of the fixes within AV, the broader question is why, when one does a full sync of the music folder, do the changes to diacritical characters fail to be reflected in the Audirvana database.

so why changing metadata in iTunes then... do it in A+ ??  command i

Principally because 'Artists' are not showing in my library- hence me trying to change all my iTunes metadata to show 'album artist'. Since A+3 'Artist does not appear to be a 'view option'.

Will update to 3.0.4 and see what happens......

1 minute ago, Frojo said:

Principally because 'Artists' are not showing in my library- hence me trying to change all my iTunes metadata to show 'album artist'. Since A+3 'Artist does not appear to be a 'view option'.

Will update to 3.0.4 and see what happens......

command j

not sure if i follow you well  :-)  picts of my tracks window and albums window

Snapz001.jpg

Snapz002.jpg

The artist field is to be change with command i, info window like in picture when clicking a song or a group of songs... if the Album artist is different then the Artisit field like (mine is ok in the red tectangle below) you have to go in the view menu in the menu bar like other picture... found the name on the left and change it and the right column... enter, then save... like for people who wants Beatles The instead of The Beatles...

Snapz003.jpg

Snapz004.jpg

just saw that people talking to me  lol

27 minutes ago, Frojo said:

..brings up view options- album artists only, or am i missing something ?

I wonder what you and I have done differently, since Artist continues to work for me.  Perhaps it's because I have never used the Album Artist field.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

1 minute ago, Jud said:

I wonder what you and I have done differently, since Artist continues to work for me.  Perhaps it's because I have never used the Album Artist field.

I had the artist option in 2.6, but it disappeared upon the 3 upgrade....