IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3 (official thread)

38 minutes ago, anmaksh said:

I think I know what caused my issue.  I have two computers in the house and I entered my license key on the 2nd computer and now I am trying to start A+ on the first computer. :-)  Oops!

How can I remove my 2nd computer from using the license?

Best,

Ken

You can have A+ on two computers, but not run it simultaneously. Quit the app, or turn off wifi on the one you are not using.

17 hours ago, wgscott said:

A few weeks subsequent to the Vax-VMS and SGI-Irix versions.

Awesome, someone else remembers Vax-VMS, the first networking OS.  Wonder where it would be now if Ken was into audio instead of purist engineering. :-)

2012 Mac Mini, Mac Sierra OS, Audirvana 3.x, WireWorld Ultraviolet 7 USB Interconnect, Benchmark DAC2 L, Wireworld Equinox 7 Balanced XLR Interconnect, Belles 350A Amp, DIY Speaker Cables (18 strands of 22awg wire in circular array), DIY Carver Ribbon Speakers & Dayton Woofers

1 hour ago, anmaksh said:

How can I remove my 2nd computer from using the license?

If you really want to do that, I think the menu item Audirvana Plus > Deauthorize computer will do that. You should be able to have two machines authorized.

NUC10i7 + Roon ROCK > dCS Rossini APEX DAC + dCS Rossini Master Clock 

SME 20/3 + SME V + Dynavector XV-1s or ANUK IO Gold > vdH The Grail or Kondo KSL-SFz + ANK L3 Phono 

Audio Note Kondo Ongaku > Avantgarde Duo Mezzo

Signal cables: Kondo Silver, Crystal Cable phono

Power cables: Kondo, Shunyata, van den Hul

system pics

Hum, then something is not right.  I deauthorized my 2nd computer and A+ still won't activate.  It still gave me the "Unable to check your license, please check your internet access".  All other Apps works fine using the internet.

Thanks

Ken

Tried poly-sinc-xtr filter PCM files to DSD128 and activity monitor skyrocketed to 98%, bar ran back and forth for a minute with no playing. Force quit to get it to stop the loop.

Have a 2.6 quad core Mini with 16 GB RAM and SSD to run OS.

-2 version of xtr uses 10% of processor capacity.

It there something wrong?

Tone with Soul

20 minutes ago, 57gold said:

Tried poly-sinc-xtr filter PCM files to DSD128 and activity monitor skyrocketed to 98%, bar ran back and forth for a minute with no playing. Force quit to get it to stop the loop.

Have a 2.6 quad core Mini with 16 GB RAM and SSD to run OS.

-2 version of xtr uses 10% of processor capacity.

It there something wrong?

Think you meant this for the HQPlayer thread ;)

John Walker - IT Executive

Headphone - SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > Topping D90 > Topping A90d > Dan Clark Expanse / HiFiMan H6SE v2 / HiFiman Arya Stealth

Home Theater / Music -SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Denon X3700h > Anthem Amp for front channels > Revel F208-based 5.2.4 Atmos speaker system

@damien78, to save me nagging frequently, could you please let us know whether you plan to add a facility for browsing and viewing by file structure/folders/directories, and if so some indication of an anticipated timescale, however approximate that might  be.

Many thanks!

IB

Mac Mini - late 2012: core i5/2.5GHz/16GB/2x1TB SSDs/El Capitan, headless - Audirvana optimised, dedicated USB bus - USB Regen - Chord Dave DAC - tri-amped with Bryston amps - PMC/ATC speaker combo. (Detail in my profile.)

Here is more info on my request for info on backing up my playlist structure.  I point A+ at my iTunes library but I don't use the iTunes integration or iTunes sync.  It looks from my A+ preferences that the A+ database is listed as users/xxxxxx/application Support/Audirvana.  Do I just back up this folder?  And if I loose my playlists, will I just need to repoint A+3.0 to thid backup?

A+libary.tiff

A+playlists.tiff

I answered my own question, I think: the problem I was experiencing was with a large number of flac files, multiple albums, that were tagged by the same third person - other files sort properly. I guess I will try to look into the tagging and see if I can fix it myself.

Simple question?  

I don't use the library feature, and listen by dragging files from an external hard drive into the Audirvana play queue. For some reason, the sort feature seems stuck on track title. I would like to sort by track number, but can't seem to get this to change (I can in library mode). In fact, nothing I do in the "view options" sort box seems to have any effect at all. The playlist stays sorted alphabetically by track name. I have the "apply to manual playlist" box checked in the "view options box."

Another "bug" I seem to be experiencing... sometimes I can't even get the "view options" box to open, either by using the dropdown menu under "view" or by "command J." I have to empty the playlist and restart Audirvana and then try again. Sometimes this doesn't even work the first time.

Any suggestions? Thanks!!!

Using Audirvan 3.0.4 and Mac OS 10.11.6.

(I have tried searching the forums first and checked the manual, but without luck.)

Office desktop: iMac ((Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015) (4 GHz Intel Core i7) (512GB SSD) (32GB Ram)) => USB (Kimber Kable USB Silver) => V-Link 192 USB Input => V-Link Coax Output (AQ Sidewinder) => Schiit Bifrost Multibit Coax Input => Schiit Bifrost Multibit RCA Output => Schitt Pyst => Schitt Asgard 2 => (Audioquest - Mini-3) => Audioengine HD6 (slave connected with Audioquest Type 4 cable) (Pangea AC-14 Power Cord) (IsoAcoustic L8R155 stands) => Audioquest Sidewinders => Audioengine S8 Subwoofer

14 hours ago, Joebah said:

Simple question? 

I don't use the library feature, and listen by dragging files from an external hard drive into the Audirvana play queue. For some reason, the sort feature seems stuck on track title. I would like to sort by track number, but can't seem to get this to change (I can in library mode). In fact, nothing I do in the "view options" sort box seems to have any effect at all. The playlist stays sorted alphabetically by track name. I have the "apply to manual playlist" box checked in the "view options box."

Sorting is disabled in Play Queue for good reasons.

Tracks are not sorted by Track Name, they appear how you dropped or loaded them to the Play Queue. If you want to sort Tracks then you have to use playlists. HTH.

MacMini 2018 OS 10.14 | XLD | Yate | iTunes 10.7 | Audirvana 3.5.50 | RME ADI-2 DAC fs | Bryston BHA-1 | Hifiman Arya

Hi,

I have a strange issue.

When I start Audirvana Plus (3.0), I get the message box that says it is unable to verify the license.

It goes away as soon as I have the internet connection.

Question: is that a bug or an intended behavior?

Regards,

Michael

weird: I just tried turning wi-fi off on my MBP (my second A+ installation) and only got a "Qobuz login failed" alert: nothing at all about license verification :-/

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier (or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

2 hours ago, win32pro said:

Hi,

I have a strange issue.

When I start Audirvana Plus (3.0), I get the message box that says it is unable to verify the license.

It goes away as soon as I have the internet connection.

Question: is that a bug or an intended behavior?

Regards,

Michael

The license validation must be done once every 2 weeks. So you need to connect your Mac to the Internet every two weeks.

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

18 minutes ago, Innocent Bystander said:

Does that mean that, God forbid, anything happens to Damien, or he decides he's had enough of us naggin, or whatever, and his database disappears offline, anyone who has purchase v3 will cease to be able to use it after a couple of weeks?

Hmmm, there's me thinking it is a music playing solution for life (mine)

Totally agree!

12 hours ago, damien78 said:

The license validation must be done once every 2 weeks. So you need to connect your Mac to the Internet every two weeks.

Que?

macmini M1>ethernet / elgar iso tran(2.5kVa, .0005pfd)>consonance pw-3 boards>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360)>etherRegen(js-2)>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360) >ultraRendu (clones lpsu>lps1.2)>curious regen link>rme adi-2 dac(js-2)>cawsey cables>naquadria sp2 passive pre> 1.naquadria lucien mkII.5 power>elac fs249be + elac 4pi plus.2> 2.perreaux9000b(mods)>2x naquadria 12” passive subs.

Another nail in the coffin......having the software need to validate the license every 2 weeks is a really bad decision. If this is a result of the trial period feature, do something different.

This kind of stuff cements my decision to get a microRendu and NOT use Audirvana when it is updated to support it. I'll just use iTunes when I am on the road.

18 hours ago, damien78 said:

@Damien78, as other I'm surprised by this requirement. It's not really an issue for me as my Mac is permanently connected to the internet, but I'm struggling to see why this is needed.

Could you elaborate why this was put in place?