IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3 (official thread)

@damien78

Saw that today when backing up my 3.0.4 database that has now 3 files like in the past with A+ instead of one recently. It passes to 1.14gb to 2.29gb in one day... the third file like the first weight around the same at 1.14gb... i can waist 1gb i guess... just to let you know.

The biggest problem i have now... it is not regular but happened to me at least 3 or 4 times while A+ is playing

and i'm doing some editing at the same time to a new CD added... Sometimes when dragging a cover on an album with no cover in album view, A+ will not only crash without any popup, but i'm now in front of my login window like my MAC session was close... No popup, no message of A+ crashing, just my user account waiting for my password to login my new session!! that happened with 3.0.3 and today also on 3.0.4.

If happening again, will try to remember getting the log file for it, a bit scary that crash my MAC session and not only A+. I don't know if all that coming from the SysOpt that something you changed in it since 3.0.2 but all was good ALWAYS before that update for me. I got the Pipe Broken thing cured myself by throwing preferences for a couple of things and restarts before 3.0.4, but that session crash happenend since 3.0.3 only with cover dragging while song playing from that same CD or another one, can't remember...

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

Then i decided to trash those database 3 files just to see (yes i backed up the one before)

Reload my database from my 2 USB external hard drive.... loading take 15 mins maybe... short for 2632 albums...

While waiting, i realised that i lost all my smart playlists on the left with that... no problem... i saved them always  :-)  But A+ don't save the folders they were in... OK, have to put back like 15 folders of playlist...  then drag all separate playlists in those folders, not that long but...

Then, again i realised that i lost al my play counts of songs since the last reorganizing database fucked up, Arf!... Ok i restart all play count today... for the last time!

Then, realised also that my preferences of things i want to see (window settings) in cover albums or tracks were lost also... shouldn't this be in the preferences of A+  ??

Why i always do that before going to bed... Damien !!

Back with fresh preferences again for database... you know what?

I nearly get back my 1gb that was lost before doing all that...

now the third file in the database is only 8mb against 1.15gb 45mins ago...

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Then when i thought it was finished... I saw that 3 albums have not been compute for DR and replay gain...

Done those... reload the same 3 albums with JRiver because it give me more DR numbers... JRiver seems to round at better then less that A+ do... anyway, save all that, zip those files... Ooops A+ is back at twice the numbers before 3.0.3... third file is back to 1.15gb that was only 8mb 5 minutes ago, but was 1.14gb an hour ago...

00:23h have to go to sleep  :-) saved that database with different numbers if i wanted to go back to previous.

12 hours ago, stefano_mbp said:

@damien78 Hello Damien, there is still a bug in SysOptimizer options.

I'm running A+ 3.0.4 and if I select Disable Spotlight option when I close A+ and open Mail no smart folders are working anymore, they appear empty. The only way to have them working again is to reboot my MBP.

any suggestion? Thanks

Same error. And when trying to restart services I have an error message.

58e71b1e1d08e_2017-04-077_52_13.thumb.png.2776b83d6039d80b02deddcb78fe5da3.png

I wen to bed last night with 3.03 working brilliantly on El Capitan and sounding sublime, this afternoon I have 3.04 which is so far as buggy as hell.  So far I've had an Audirvana helper installed for some reason, slow library, two crashes, and an unable to get exclusive access message in the course of two albums. Is it possible to roll back to a previous version at all? 

3.04 is completely unusable for me.  I can;t see any of my albums now on the main screen or the app although it's showing there are 30,000 songs.  And it is crashing every time I change the view.  It's bad enough, running headless, now having full functionality with an under developed remote but it's always been reliable and sounded great.  When it gets to a point where I can no longer access my music, and I have to wire a bloody monitor up to see what's happening it's being frustrating.  If anyone can offer any help with this, or tell me how to go back to 3.03 I'd be very grateful.  Damien, it would be useful if you could test new releases before they come out as thiis is damned annoying!

Edit, I have deleted and reinstalled and, touch wood, I can now see my albums.

On 4/5/2017 at 8:36 AM, wwaldmanfan said:

Find the v.2 license document on your computer. The file suffix is .audlic. Open that file in TextEdit. About 16 strings down, your license key will be shown like this:

<key>OrderRef</key>

<string>38XXX90</string>

<key>City</key>

That 7-digit code is your customer number. Enter it where prompted on the Audirvana update page, and pay the upgrade fee.

Wow, that's the super hard way to get it.  It is also called Reference Number in the About Audirvana menu

No electron left behind.

Any help gratefully received- since installing 3.0.4 , i appear to have lost the volume control on my macbook...

Audirvana plays as expected (system volume greyed out), but if i close Audirvana, it stays greyed out. iTunes plays tracks but does not 'sound'. Audirvana/Itunes integrated mode operates as expected. 

I have re-installed ITunes and clean installed Audirvana- no change.

Aaaaargh......

4 minutes ago, Frojo said:

Any help gratefully received- since installing 3.0.4 , i appear to have lost the volume control on my macbook...

Audirvana plays as expected (system volume greyed out), but if i close Audirvana, it stays greyed out. iTunes plays tracks but does not 'sound'. Audirvana/Itunes integrated mode operates as expected. 

I have re-installed ITunes and clean installed Audirvana- no change.

Aaaaargh......

If you're playing iTunes as a stand alone player (no Audirvana or other plug ins), then all I can suggest is that you make sure that Digital out (or whatever DAC you use) is checked in Apples sound preferences.

3 minutes ago, Masterstroke said:

If you're playing iTunes as a stand alone player (no Audirvana or other plug ins), then all I can suggest is that you make sure that Digital out (or whatever DAC you use) is checked in Apples sound preferences.

Using 'built-in' dac for output, also checked Audio/midi settings...... greyed out.

thanks for the suggestion.

9 minutes ago, Frojo said:

Using 'built-in' dac for output, also checked Audio/midi settings...... greyed out.

thanks for the suggestion.

If the system volume is greyed out, this means the selected audio device has none, like the digital output. Do you have a toslink(optical) cable plugged?

If you were trying to play audio with another application while Audirvana Plus was playing, macOS tries to find the next available audio device for it, and selects it.

Audirvana Plus takes exclusive control of the audio device to avoid interferences from other applications and be able to apply its advanced optimisations.

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

6 hours ago, AudioDoctor said:

Damien, I think you'd like to hear that 3.0.4 is working just fine for me...

Thanks! Same on all my macs I've used for validating this release.

Now the issue is to understand what is going different for those who have issues...

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

1 minute ago, damien78 said:

If the system volume is greyed out, this means the selected audio device has none, like the digital output. Do you have a toslink(optical) cable plugged?

If you were trying to play audio with another application while Audirvana Plus was playing, macOS tries to find the next available audio device for it, and selects it.

Audirvana Plus takes exclusive control of the audio device to avoid interferences from other applications and be able to apply its advanced optimisations.

Hi Damien,

No other devices connected,and not trying to play other applications. It seems as if Audirvana has taken exclusive control but has not returned it afterwards- so i am stuck in 'exclusive mode'.

1 minute ago, Frojo said:

Hi Damien,

No other devices connected,and not trying to play other applications. It seems as if Audirvana has taken exclusive control but has not returned it afterwards- so i am stuck in 'exclusive mode'.

I was just about to reply to your previous post and suggest unchecking exclusive mode in Tidal or any other apps. I always quit Tidal when playing iTunes or listening via Audirvana (which you've already done). Seems a bit odd. Sorry I can't help.

4 hours ago, Frojo said:

Hi Damien,

Even if Audirvana Plus had not released exclusive mode (what it does when stopping playback), it would have been reclaimed by the OS when exiting the application.

So there is another application interfering there.

What other audio applications/drivers do you have?

5 minutes ago, damien78 said:

Even if Audirvana Plus had not released exclusive mode (what it does when stopping playback), it would have been reclaimed by the OS when exiting the application.

btw Damien... could you, please, make it so A+ releases playback after... let's say 15/30 seconds it is not playing?

(I mean even when it is paused, without requiring to stop, click the "square button", or quit the app)

thanks

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier (or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

I think I know what caused my issue.  I have two computers in the house and I entered my license key on the 2nd computer and now I am trying to start A+ on the first computer. :-)  Oops!

How can I remove my 2nd computer from using the license?

Best,

Ken