IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3 (official thread)

The latest Beta 3.0.99.10  works with:

Oppo 105

Raspberry Pi 3 and 2 with HifiBerry Dac Pro Cards and Volumio2 Software on it.

Sonore SC 2.3 into Schiit Yggdrasil Gen5.

Tested only with Audirvana playing Qobuz HiRes. No local files or Hd or Nas.

Very Cool.

2 Wishes:

1.I would like to be able to change sources within the Ipad app.

This works fine with BubbleUPnP ( here with Android)

2. I would like to be able to connect more than one NAS to Audirvana.

Right now more than one Qnap NAS have name conflicts.

This also works fine with Bubble UPnP.

8 hours ago, trybeingarun said:

Now that v3.1 is almost ready, here's the feature I wish v3.2 had. I have a couple of desktop gigs (Aune X1s & Matrix M-stage v3) and a portable gig (fiio X5ii). One feature I sorely miss is the ability to save settings (Upsampling, steepness etc) as profiles which can be reused when I change dacs.

+1 on that feature request.

"Play the volume as loud as you want - but don't touch my levels now. I got them set just the way I like 'em."

A+ v3.1 crash when I start to play music. This happen for local or Streaming.

Does any one have this issue ?

My Mac mini runs Sierra 10.12.5 ans I have implemented the modifications for the Direc Mode with the prévious A+ Version (3.0.7).

Maybe I have to made the change again for the new A+ version ?

1 hour ago, Kafy said:

A+ v3.1 crash when I start to play music. This happen for local or Streaming.

Does any one have this issue ?

My Mac mini runs Sierra 10.12.5 ans I have implemented the modifications for the Direc Mode with the prévious A+ Version (3.0.7).

Maybe I have to made the change again for the new A+ version ?

I have the same problem, the app crashes when i start a track, without any crash reports. As musicophile suggests, there is a dedicated 3.1 thread in which you may share your experience.

@Kafy, @yacob: as posted on the new 3.1 thread (Thanks Musicophile for having created it), I've just released the 3.1.1 that fixes the crash at playback start when realtime audio units setup is enabled. If this is your case, then you just need to get the update.

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

A link to the new 3.1 thread would be nice. Also, how do you completely uninstall A+?

Music Server(s):Mac Mini w/UpTone linear power supply JS-2, SoTM 200 w/LPS-1, AQ Diamond USB cable,

Music Server Operating System:Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan, Roon, HQP, A+

USB Digital to Analog Converter(s):PS Audio DS Jr. w/UpTone Audio ReGen  w/ LPS-1 Power Supply

Preamplifier:PS Audio BHK preamp; Amplifier(s):Parasound Amplifier A21; Loudspeakers:Magnapan 3.7

Loudspeaker Cables:AudioQuest CV8

18 minutes ago, Pocobear said:

A link to the new 3.1 thread would be nice. Also, how do you completely uninstall A+?

There are many things you can trash for specific problems. This is what i found to reset pretty much A+ like new...

If you have Playlists that are important export them first to desktop and
save them in a folder... when A+ is reset, you can re-import them back.
sadly to this day, the folders they were in is not back, you have to do it again...

Before doing this, maybe you should not connect after deleting those files to Roon or others...

Install A+ alone with your database... if working, log to Roon or else after :)

Apple hide the Home Folder in User Library at some time depending on OS System...
When you have clicked your Home Folder, and cannot see the Library Folder in there,
just do a ''cmd J'' to show the folder settings preferences and see at the bottom...
click Show Library Folder and then you'll have access to the rest forever :)

Starting for new A+:
Go to the main Library Folder... PrivilegedHelperTools folder...
Trash All the files in that folder (that folder install SysOptimizer)

Go to the main Library Folder...LaunchDaemons folder...
Trash All the files in that folder for Audirvana (SystemOptimizer and prefs files)

Go to User... Home Folder... Library... Applications Support... Audirvana Folder...
Trash All the files in that folder (that is your database of music, back it up!)

Go to User... Home Folder... Library... Preferences...
trash com.audirvana.Audirvana-Plus.plist in that folder (those are A+ software preferences)

Go to User... Home Folder... Library... Caches… com.audirvana.Audirvana-Plus
trash the files in that folder

Restart MAC just to be sure... This will reset pretty much Audirvana like new.

When choosing library at first it will sync in top right main window under the logo...
LET IT GO, even better don't try to adjust windows or edit files, even playing music while
it is not finished... you'll see the progress bar going... Could be long the first time
depending on how large your library is, and MAC is fast or not... go to sleep... then see :)

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

Thanks Musicophile

Music Server(s):Mac Mini w/UpTone linear power supply JS-2, SoTM 200 w/LPS-1, AQ Diamond USB cable,

Music Server Operating System:Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan, Roon, HQP, A+

USB Digital to Analog Converter(s):PS Audio DS Jr. w/UpTone Audio ReGen  w/ LPS-1 Power Supply

Preamplifier:PS Audio BHK preamp; Amplifier(s):Parasound Amplifier A21; Loudspeakers:Magnapan 3.7

Loudspeaker Cables:AudioQuest CV8

Hi,

quick question, if this requires a separate thead let me know...

I need a way to reverse channels when playing DSD files (either direct DSD or upsampled). My crazy DAC reverses the channels when playing DSD... (PS Audio NuWave DSD).

Is this something that Audirvana+ can somehow do? Maybe with audio filters?

Thanks

56 minutes ago, Odedia said:

Hi,

quick question, if this requires a separate thead let me know...

I need a way to reverse channels when playing DSD files (either direct DSD or upsampled). My crazy DAC reverses the channels when playing DSD... (PS Audio NuWave DSD).

Is this something that Audirvana+ can somehow do? Maybe with audio filters?

Thanks

I use several free AU plug-ins. This one will swap L-R channels for you, among other things.

Admittedly, some of these free plug-ins are a little buggy with A+, and may cause the app to quit. Try it and see.

http://www.voxengo.com/product/msed/

5 minutes ago, wwaldmanfan said:

I use several free AU plug-ins. This one will swap L-R channels for you, among other things.

Admittedly, some of these free plug-ins are a little buggy with A+, and may cause the app to quit. Try it and see.

http://www.voxengo.com/product/msed/

Thank you very much for the tip!

Do you know if it can change the channels based on source? I only need to reverse it on DSD files. Weird, I know...

10 minutes ago, Odedia said:

Thank you very much for the tip!

Do you know if it can change the channels based on source? I only need to reverse it on DSD files. Weird, I know...

Not automatically with this.

I run my AU filters in Real Time, but you can't do that with DSD in A+, except when converting DSD to PCM.

A workaround would be to open the A+ Audio Units prefs before DSD playback and click the CH Swap button.

Not sure how useful this is or who can help, but I'm using a trial version of 3.1.1(3121)
and it constantly crashes.  I'm trying to evaluate this software with my microRendu using DLNA.  If anyone wants the crash report I can send it to them.

I can't evaluate if I want to buy this software as I can't get it to load :-(

I'm new to Audirvana and I don't know where to file a bug report.

@marcusman If you have a report, try a PM to @damien78 the author and owner of Audirvana.

Main System: NAS or QOBUZ > BlueSound Node 2i > Schiit Gungnir MultiBit > PYST XLR > Schiit Mjolnir 2 or Gilmore Lite MK2

Office System: iMac > Audirvana > Schiit EITR + Audiophonics LPS25 > Metrum FLINT NOS DAC (DAC TWO chips) > Schiit Magni 3+ > Aeon Flow Open

Loudspeaker System: NAIM Muso Gen 2

On 2017-07-25 at 9:02 PM, Bob Stern said:

Sounds like your friend got hacked.  Hard to imagine a legitimate payment processor would ask for that.  Will be interested to read Damien's response.

Seems it's something to do with their isp (a very  small countryside one). I ended up buying the app for them myself and had no problem.

• 1 month later...

Hi

i'm a imac and windows user

i have installed the last version trial of  Audirvana Plus 3 (and i think to buy it)

i have a question , i have some external hards drive formatted in nfts (windows format ) with lots of my albums in flac ,mp3 and other encoder

now my imac has a of  ssd 510GB , but my music colletion it's a lot bigger

is there a way to setup Audirvana Plus 3 to leave my songs in my external hard disk (formated with ntfs windows format) without importing (coping my files)  my flac/mp3 to my operation system sierra on my ssd

just because i don't want to fill my ssd up in few minutes

thanks

ps does Audirvana Plus 3  install or patch some kexts?

iMac sierra 10.12.6, mabook pro sierra 10.12.6 , iphone 6S

Your Drive NTFS might be lock by default for your MAC, not sure.

Me i have Tuxera NTFS that enable those drive to be open to copy and trash files from them, not just read. 

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13