IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3 (official thread)

35 minutes ago, fheller said:

Crashes with (the ripp off product) Sonic Orbiter SE.

But now it recognizes Volumio on a PI3.

Recognizing doesnt mean it works.

Can you send me by PM or email the crash report?

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

8 hours ago, damien78 said:

In beta 7 I've fixed the crash you've reported so you may want to try. But there are some features that may not work without upgrading the microRendu FW.

Upgraded to 3.0.99.7. Regarding the crashes ... It seems my own library is now OK although I am getting the occasional crash with Tidal HiFi. However, that may be because my internet is not as good as I'd like. If I play, immediately pause and allow some time for the track to fill memory, it's fine. 

Main System: NAS or QOBUZ > BlueSound Node 2i > Schiit Gungnir MultiBit > PYST XLR > Schiit Mjolnir 2 or Gilmore Lite MK2

Office System: iMac > Audirvana > Schiit EITR + Audiophonics LPS25 > Metrum FLINT NOS DAC (DAC TWO chips) > Schiit Magni 3+ > Aeon Flow Open

Loudspeaker System: NAIM Muso Gen 2

2 minutes ago, azupan75 said:

Damien, updated A+ 3.1 beta to .8 and still crashes. 

Not Damien, but does this happen with your library, streaming or both ?

Main System: NAS or QOBUZ > BlueSound Node 2i > Schiit Gungnir MultiBit > PYST XLR > Schiit Mjolnir 2 or Gilmore Lite MK2

Office System: iMac > Audirvana > Schiit EITR + Audiophonics LPS25 > Metrum FLINT NOS DAC (DAC TWO chips) > Schiit Magni 3+ > Aeon Flow Open

1 hour ago, azupan75 said:

Appologies, it happens with both tidal streaming and library. 

Your crash report is for for Damien to look over, but a quick question ... Did you get and install SonicOrbiter v2.5 for your microRendu ?

1 minute ago, azupan75 said:

No, Sonicorbiter  v2.3. Damien was aware of the fact. I thought he found a workaround and made it work with v2.3 on .7 beta update. I guess not.

Ah, OK, that might explain the 'BAD Access exception' on your crash report ... I wasn't aware he was trying to work around SonicOrbiter v2.3 to work with A+ 

I guess we'll need to leave it to him in that case.

For me with 3.099.8:

• Still crashes. More with Tidal tracks than own library tracks;
  • If I disable AudioUnits (normally I use FabFilter Pro-Q 2) I did not encounter a crash yet so this looks related;
  • Realtime AudioUnits control does not work (!);
  • All MQA content is send to the DAC in 24/88 or 24/96, depending on the MQA source. For instance both 24/48 and 24/192 are send as 24/96. I would expect that everything is send in it's native format. I have SRC/upsampling set to none;

My setup: Mac Mini/Yosemite -> short UTP cable -> EN-70HD network isolator -> short UTP cable -> mRendu (software version 2.5) powered by LPS-1 -> Curious USB cable -> Chord DAVE

Sound wise it looks promising. In a honest (all DSP disabled) comparison with Roon / mRendu (set to RoonReady) to my ears A+ / mRendu has a small edge. May be because of the pre-loading? I will certainly use it for critical listening if it becomes a stable product! Mainly because FabFilter Pro-Q 2 is completely transparent and better and more advanced than the DSP functions in Roon.

Streamer dCS Network Bridge DAC Chord DAVE Amplifier / DRC Lyngdorf TDAI-3400 Speakers Lindemann BL-10 | JL audio E-sub e110 Head-fi and reference Bakoon HPA-21 | Audeze LCD-3 (f) Power and isolation Dedicated power line | Xentek extreme isolation transformer (1KVA, balanced) | Uptone Audio EtherREGEN + Ferrum Hypsos | Sonore OpticalModule + Uptone Audio UltraCap LPS-1.2 | Jensen CI-1RR Cables Jorma Digital XLR (digital), Grimm Audio SQM RCA (analog), Kimber 8TC + WBT (speakers), custom star-quad with Oyaide connectors (AC), Ferrum (DC) and Ghent (ethernet) Software dCS Mosaic | Tidal | Qobuz

Damien, A+ 3.1 beta testing.  I had things working with my microRendu, and my initial impression is that A+ is much faster and more reliable than BubbleUPnP on Android as a control point.  Good work!

Now a problem.  I didn't know it, but I lost communication between my DAC and the microRendu after doing some hardware reconfiguration.  A+ still let me select the microRendu as output device.  The music, of course, wouldn't play so I tried to quit A+.  All I got was an endless beachball and I had to force quit.  Some kind of error message or timeout would be helpful.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

I've been on a bit of a journey to make my CuBox NAA run upmpdcli as well, to use it with A+.  (Thank you to @medoc for the helpful suggestion along the way.)  But I grew impatient with my lack of sufficient Linux-fu to get the CuBox to do what I wanted.  So I decided to get a little box that wouldn't require me to work within the ARM architecture (wouldn't box me in, so to speak :) ).  I was able to get hold of a mini PC with an i5 CPU (detuned - good, because the box is silent), 4GB of DDR3 1600, and a 64GB mSATA SSD for a total cost of $230:

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16856110131&cm_re=Asus_VivoMini-_-56-110-131-_-Product

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231725

http://www.ebay.com/itm/64GB-mSATA-SSD-Samsung-MZMPC064HBDR-000L1-MZ-MPC0640-0L1-Solid-State-Hard-Drive-/112497117549

After some false starts with another Linux, I decided to go with Ubuntu Xenial Server.  After installing the NAA daemon, and upmpdcli (using the very clear and simple instructions under the heading "Ubuntu" at https://www.lesbonscomptes.com/upmpdcli/downloads.html), both A+ and HQPlayer see the DAC, so things are looking good.

But I haven't had time to play any music yet (or even to download any beta of A+ past the initial one)!  :( I hope tonight....

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

On 06/08/2017 at 0:41 AM, skatbelt said:

For me with 3.099.8:

• Still crashes. More with Tidal tracks than own library tracks;
  • If I disable AudioUnits (normally I use FabFilter Pro-Q 2) I did not encounter a crash yet so this looks related;
  • Realtime AudioUnits control does not work (!);
  • All MQA content is send to the DAC in 24/88 or 24/96, depending on the MQA source. For instance both 24/48 and 24/192 are send as 24/96. I would expect that everything is send in it's native format. I have SRC/upsampling set to none;

My setup: Mac Mini/Yosemite -> short UTP cable -> EN-70HD network isolator -> short UTP cable -> mRendu (software version 2.5) powered by LPS-1 -> Curious USB cable -> Chord DAVE

Sound wise it looks promising. In a honest (all DSP disabled) comparison with Roon / mRendu (set to RoonReady) to my ears A+ / mRendu has a small edge. May be because of the pre-loading? I will certainly use it for critical listening if it becomes a stable product! Mainly because FabFilter Pro-Q 2 is completely transparent and better and more advanced than the DSP functions in Roon.

Can you send me by PM (or email) the crash report you get?

Realtime audio processing is not possible with UPnP/DLNA streaming due to the buffering made on the network player side.

Due to MQA decision, only the first unfolding can be done in SW, the others needs a MQA DAC. That's why you get 24/88 or 24/96

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

20 hours ago, rickca said:

Damien, A+ 3.1 beta testing.  I had things working with my microRendu, and my initial impression is that A+ is much faster and more reliable than BubbleUPnP on Android as a control point.  Good work!

Now a problem.  I didn't know it, but I lost communication between my DAC and the microRendu after doing some hardware reconfiguration.  A+ still let me select the microRendu as output device.  The music, of course, wouldn't play so I tried to quit A+.  All I got was an endless beachball and I had to force quit.  Some kind of error message or timeout would be helpful.

In the next beta, you'll get much more responsive playback start and stop, with also timeout handling

2 hours ago, damien78 said:

Can you send me by PM (or email) the crash report you get?

Realtime audio processing is not possible with UPnP/DLNA streaming due to the buffering made on the network player side.

Due to MQA decision, only the first unfolding can be done in SW, the others needs a MQA DAC. That's why you get 24/88 or 24/96

@damien78 may be  a dumb question but where can I find the crash report? A+ quits without a fault message.

Streamer dCS Network Bridge DAC Chord DAVE Amplifier / DRC Lyngdorf TDAI-3400 Speakers Lindemann BL-10 | JL audio E-sub e110 Head-fi and reference Bakoon HPA-21 | Audeze LCD-3 (f) Power and isolation Dedicated power line | Xentek extreme isolation transformer (1KVA, balanced) | Uptone Audio EtherREGEN + Ferrum Hypsos | Sonore OpticalModule + Uptone Audio UltraCap LPS-1.2 | Jensen CI-1RR Cables Jorma Digital XLR (digital), Grimm Audio SQM RCA (analog), Kimber 8TC + WBT (speakers), custom star-quad with Oyaide connectors (AC), Ferrum (DC) and Ghent (ethernet) Software dCS Mosaic | Tidal | Qobuz

Just now, skatbelt said:

@damien78 may be  a dumb question but where can I find the crash report? A+ quits without a fault message.

You should have a window with "Audirvana Plus has quit unexpectedly"

Click on "Report..."

Copy the text of the report, and send it to me (in PM or email)

21 minutes ago, damien78 said:

You should have a window with "Audirvana Plus has quit unexpectedly"

Click on "Report..."

Copy the text of the report, and send it to me (in PM or email)

That is the problem, I don't get that window. A+ quits, music plays on for 1 or 2 seconds and after that.... nothing.

I concur ... when it does crash, A+ just disappears ... no message appears afterwards. Still mostly happens with Tidal on my setup.

Just now, Charente said:

I concur ... when it does crash, A+ just disappears ... no message appears afterwards. Still mostly happens with Tidal on my setup.

Do you have a defective macOS??? When a program crashes and is thus terminated by macOS, there is this message proposing to report the crash.

Can you open the Console app, then open A+ and reproduce this issue. You must get something also there.

In the next beta, you'll get much more responsive playback start and stop, with also timeout handling

That's great.  I currently am licensed only for A+ 2.X.  When the 15-day trial for V3 expires, will I need to buy the V3 upgrade in order to continue participation in the beta?

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

5 minutes ago, damien78 said:

Do you have a defective macOS??? When a program crashes and is thus terminated by macOS, there is this message proposing to report the crash.

Can you open the Console app, then open A+ and reproduce this issue. You must get something also there.

It's a fairly fresh install of El Capitan (last 2 months or so) on a dedicated MacMini running nothing else other than system & Audirvana ... I'll try to re-create  a crash as you suggest. 

My install of Yosemite is also very clean and standard. And I kept additional installations to a minimum. In the rare situation of crashes I always get the window. Only not so with the A+ beta versions.

I will check if anything can be abstracted from the Console app.

For me, if realtime audio processing is not possible, A+ will be pretty unusable. Out of curiosity, why is it no problem to alter DSP settings in Roon on the fly?