IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3 (official thread)

56 minutes ago, skatbelt said:

.... I do have A+ crashes/direct quitting though. But only when I play tracks from Tidal. If it occurs, it is within one or two seconds after a track starts. There is no constant behaviour. So sometimes I am able to listen to a complete Tidal album.

Same here, pretty much. It does seem random ... it's as if it sometimes drops its connection to the XRendu. Yes, TIDAL playback seems to be the culprit.

Main System: NAS or QOBUZ > BlueSound Node 2i > Schiit Gungnir MultiBit > PYST XLR > Schiit Mjolnir 2 or Gilmore Lite MK2

Office System: iMac > Audirvana > Schiit EITR + Audiophonics LPS25 > Metrum FLINT NOS DAC (DAC TWO chips) > Schiit Magni 3+ > Aeon Flow Open

Loudspeaker System: NAIM Muso Gen 2

45 minutes ago, DarwinOSX said:

I was reading today's Darko article on Audirvana streaming and wanted to know if this software can read music (FLAC) files from a NAS drive?  I would assume so but didn't see mention of it in the manualor anywhere else.

If your Mac can mount it as a drive, then yes.

For example, I have a Synology Diskstation (NAS) - I can browse to the "Music" folder on the NAS and select it for monitoring.  Any new music I add to the Music folder on the NAS automatically shows up in Audirvana.

I will say it's awfully slow, at least on my network and with my 100k+ files.  Takes a few minutes to select the folder in the first place, then an hour or more to populate the database the first time.  I certainly have better results with storing my music locally; i.e., on the same Mac on which Audirvana is installed.

John Walker - IT Executive

Headphone - SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > Topping D90 > Topping A90d > Dan Clark Expanse / HiFiMan H6SE v2 / HiFiman Arya Stealth

Home Theater / Music -SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Denon X3700h > Anthem Amp for front channels > Revel F208-based 5.2.4 Atmos speaker system

2 hours ago, jhwalker said:

If your Mac can mount it as a drive, then yes.

For example, I have a Synology Diskstation (NAS) - I can browse to the "Music" folder on the NAS and select it for monitoring.  Any new music I add to the Music folder on the NAS automatically shows up in Audirvana.

I will say it's awfully slow, at least on my network and with my 100k+ files.  Takes a few minutes to select the folder in the first place, then an hour or more to populate the database the first time.  I certainly have better results with storing my music locally; i.e., on the same Mac on which Audirvana is installed.

Thanks I have a Synology 916+. I don't have anywhere near as many files as you so it should be fine. 

I have an issue with the display of booklets. I have all booklets stored as pdfs in the same folder  as the album. They are display perfectly in Audirvana (icon on the left hand side on top) unless the album contains more than 1 disc. In this case, the booklet is not displayed. Neither copying the booklet in every sub-disc folder nor moving all tracks from the sub-disc folders in the main album folder helps. Are there any suggestions how to solve this?

Synology Rackstation NAS > 2012 MacMini SSD 16GB RAM > Audirvana Plus > Ayon Stratos > Ayon Helios > Marten Miles V

Upgraded to 3.0.99.6. I notice when I suffer a crash and restart Audirvana, the Play Queue is an older one, i.e. not the one I was playing just before the crash. Even if I delete the Play Queue, it seems to 'remember' what it had. Hope I've explained this well enough.

Main System: NAS or QOBUZ > BlueSound Node 2i > Schiit Gungnir MultiBit > PYST XLR > Schiit Mjolnir 2 or Gilmore Lite MK2

Office System: iMac > Audirvana > Schiit EITR + Audiophonics LPS25 > Metrum FLINT NOS DAC (DAC TWO chips) > Schiit Magni 3+ > Aeon Flow Open

16 hours ago, skatbelt said:

See my post above. I'll also try updating first. EDIT: I updated to 3.0.99.6 but still the direct quitting playing Tidal tracks.

Other question Damien: I see - if I select the microRendu - low level playback options like exclusive mode, direct mode and integer mode are gone. Does this mean they don't apply to DNLA mode? If so, is it needless for me to stay on Yosemite? I did this because of Apple's messing up direct mode in later OS's.

An other thing I noticed. When I play a MQA file via Tidal that is for instance 192/24 or 48/24 it is send by A+ to the mRendu/DAC as 96/24. Is fact all MQA is send as 96/24 as far as I've experienced.

@damien78 crashes also occur with some of my own track (so not only Tidal). What happens is that A+ quits, the track plays on for a second or two and then stops. I DON'T get the Apple message "The application Audirvana quit unexpectedly...".

Streamer dCS Network Bridge DAC Chord DAVE Amplifier / DRC Lyngdorf TDAI-3400 Speakers Lindemann BL-10 | JL audio E-sub e110 Head-fi and reference Bakoon HPA-21 | Audeze LCD-3 (f) Power and isolation Dedicated power line | Xentek extreme isolation transformer (1KVA, balanced) | Uptone Audio EtherREGEN + Ferrum Hypsos | Sonore OpticalModule + Uptone Audio UltraCap LPS-1.2 | Jensen CI-1RR Cables Jorma Digital XLR (digital), Grimm Audio SQM RCA (analog), Kimber 8TC + WBT (speakers), custom star-quad with Oyaide connectors (AC), Ferrum (DC) and Ghent (ethernet) Software dCS Mosaic | Tidal | Qobuz

44 minutes ago, skatbelt said:

@damien78 crashes also occur with some of my own track (so not only Tidal). What happens is that A+ quits, the track plays on for a second or two and then stops. I DON'T get the Apple message "The application Audirvana quit unexpectedly...".

Yes, I've noticed this when restarting A+ on my own library tracks as well as Tidal now (on 3.0.99.6).

Also, as @skatbelt mentioned, Audio System options are no longer there when mR selected. Is it because they are unnecessary when streaming to mR ?

21 hours ago, damien78 said:

Can you first update to 3.0.99.6 (using the "Check for updates" command of the Audirvana Plus menu), and if it still crashes, send me by email or PM the crash report, and the Debug Info.

Thx,

Damien

Updated to 3.0.99.6, but the app still quits when loading the Fabfilter Pro Q2 audio plugin.  Unfortunately I don't know how to get the crash report and debug info.

I wonder if any of you tested A+ 3.1 beta through mR set in DLNA mode. I experience instant crash of Audirvana everytime I press play even if run w/o upsampling (PCM or DSD). I have  stock mR with OS sonicorbiter 2.3 and board  v1.3 (no latests upgrades on microrendu). 

Any feedback most appreciated,

best regards,

Andrej

51 minutes ago, fheller said:

Also with Sonicorbiter 2.3.

Jesus has posted that Sonicorbiter v2.5 is required for the Audirvana Plus 3.1 output mode.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

On 2.8.2017 at 11:31 AM, mulberry bush said:

I wonder if it's possible to put a higher level user interface on top of all those very techy parameter settings?   The combinatorial possibilities are huge, but the 'feasible region' for optimum SQ is much smaller - although the shape of that region will be a bit different for each user/system of course.   Adjustments could then be made using sound/musical terms rather than the technical, dare I say nerdy, magic numbers.    

There is a slider ("Quality") above the dedicated settings that applies certain SRC presets.

However, "Quality" referrs to (lowpass-) filter-quality only (and to the computer power adressed).

Personally I think you can't really alter the sound-character with SRC-settings alone. It's more about fine-tuning (better space vs. better transients). Switching from Direct Mode 1 to Direct Mode 2 or turning Direct Mode off for example has a higher impact on the sound image as slightly different SRC settings. Although I've fiddeld around a lot with SRC settings I would not bet that I could reliably tell my settings from the default settings in a blind test. I use relatively low pre-ringing, so this makes a difference (less space, better transients), but still...

It's also about "peace of mind" :-)

Maybe the iZotope presets (from iZotope RX and Fidelia) are helpful.

RX and Fidelia don't provide an additional anti-aliasing filter nor a setting for the max. filter length. So it's just steepness, cutoff and pre-ringing...:

_____

iZotope (& Fidelia-) SRC Presets:

default:
Steepness: 31
Cutoff: 1
Pre-ringing: 1

default, no aliasing:
Cutoff: 0.96

gentle, linear phase:
Steepness: 3

intermediate phase:
Pre-ringing: 0.5

minimum phase:
Pre-ringing: 0

steep, linear phase:
Steepness: 79

steep, no aliasing:
Steepness: 79
Cutoff: 0.96

ultra steep, linear phase:
Steepness: 200

_____

Mac Mini, HQPlayer | iFi Zenstream (NAA) | Intona 7055-B | Singxer SDA-6 pro | Vincent SV237 | Buchardt S400 | SPL Phonitor One | Beyer DT1990pro | Avantone Pro Planar II
Desktop: Audirvana Origin | Intona 7054 | SMSL M500MKII | Pro-Ject Stereo Box S | Aperion Novus B5 Bookshelf | Lehmann Rhinelander | Beyer DT700proX

Damien, tell me if I understand this correctly.

When I control my microRendu with BubbleUPnP on Android control point, the Qobuz FLAC stream goes directly to the microRendu renderer.

When I use A+ 3.1, the Qobuz FLAC stream comes first to A+ 3.1, gets converted to WAV, and then goes to the microRendu renderer.  Is that correct?  If so, does that mean that A+ 3.1 is acting as DLNA control point and server in this scenario?

Does A+ 3.1 support or maybe even require an OpenHome renderer?

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

Where is @damien78 when you need him? May be it is an idea to start a separate topic for the  A+ 3.1 public beta...

Streamer dCS Network Bridge DAC Chord DAVE Amplifier / DRC Lyngdorf TDAI-3400 Speakers Lindemann BL-10 | JL audio E-sub e110 Head-fi and reference Bakoon HPA-21 | Audeze LCD-3 (f) Power and isolation Dedicated power line | Xentek extreme isolation transformer (1KVA, balanced) | Uptone Audio EtherREGEN + Ferrum Hypsos | Sonore OpticalModule + Uptone Audio UltraCap LPS-1.2 | Jensen CI-1RR Cables Jorma Digital XLR (digital), Grimm Audio SQM RCA (analog), Kimber 8TC + WBT (speakers), custom star-quad with Oyaide connectors (AC), Ferrum (DC) and Ghent (ethernet) Software dCS Mosaic | Tidal | Qobuz

1 hour ago, skatbelt said:

Where is @damien78 when you need him? May be it is an idea to start a separate topic for the  A+ 3.1 public beta...

He is sleeping... France ?

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

8 hours ago, skatbelt said:

7 hours ago, RunHomeSlow said:

He is sleeping... France ?

And I'm sure you are now the ones sleeping ;)

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

12 hours ago, rickca said:

Damien, tell me if I understand this correctly.

When I control my microRendu with BubbleUPnP on Android control point, the Qobuz FLAC stream goes directly to the microRendu renderer.

When I use A+ 3.1, the Qobuz FLAC stream comes first to A+ 3.1, gets converted to WAV, and then goes to the microRendu renderer.  Is that correct?  If so, does that mean that A+ 3.1 is acting as DLNA control point and server in this scenario?

Does A+ 3.1 support or maybe even require an OpenHome renderer?

That's correct, Audirvana Plus acts as a Control Point and a http-get server for the audio data.

No OpenHome is required. UPnP AV (with as little deviations from the standard as possible...) is enough. DLNA gives somewhat more hints there are less deviations.

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

23 hours ago, azupan75 said:

Thank you. Seems like I'll be ordering that SD Card, then ;) 

In beta 7 I've fixed the crash you've reported so you may want to try. But there are some features that may not work without upgrading the microRendu FW.