IGNORED

HQPlayer Linux Desktop and HQplayer embedded

ted_b

On 1/4/2021 at 7:00 PM, skipspence said:

That's great, but can it really work gapless? Guess not..

A quick test has been done. In the previous working version of UPnPbridge enabling gapless it would block everything. Now, enabling gapless and set http on "fixed", it works, but there are some problems from time to time...sometimes it stops (it does not go to the next track).

Folks, is there a site where I can download the 4.7X version of the HQP Desktop? I have upgraded to 4.8 and deleted the old version and realised that this does not work for my 2012 Mac Mini. Thanks

Qnap NAS (LPS) >UA ETHER REGEN (BG7TBL Master Clock) > Grimm MU1 > Mola Mola Tambaqui /Meridian 808.3> Wavac EC300B >Tannoy Canterbury SE

HP Rig ++ >Woo WES/ > Stax SR-009, Audeze LCD2

15 hours ago, bibo01 said:

A quick test has been done. In the previous working version of UPnPbridge enabling gapless it would block everything. Now, enabling gapless and set http on "fixed", it works, but there are some problems from time to time...sometimes it stops (it does not go to the next track).

Great to know, but to me  it still didn't work at all!!.. I use Daphile to HQP OS, maybe that's the reason. The Bridge discovers hqplayer and the playlist goes ok, but no sound... Can you maybe please report all the settings you made in UPnPbridge to know what I did wrong? Maybe the screenshot of settings, thanks if possible!

10 hours ago, skipspence said:

Great to know, but to me  it still didn't work at all!!.. I use Daphile to HQP OS, maybe that's the reason. The Bridge discovers hqplayer and the playlist goes ok, but no sound... Can you maybe please report all the settings you made in UPnPbridge to know what I did wrong? Maybe the screenshot of settings, thanks if possible!

If you use Daphile, then the communication is this:

LMS -> Modified Squeezelite -> UPnPBridge ->HQP Embedded -> [NAA ->] DAC

In reality UPnPBridge is a plugin that activates a version of Squeezlite that comes out in pipe, right towards the bridge UPNP, so LMS 'sees' a Squeezelite player and the device UPNP a server UPNP.

...I am doing this indirectly and I am trying to explain the matter as well as possible.

On 1/4/2021 at 9:51 PM, jabbr said:

That's the best way to do it ... and works! Consider not hardlinking to  librocfft.so ( if no AMD GPU is present)

Hmmh, my responses seem to have gone missing...

Anyway, the ROC/HIP framework is not so great or flexible, not really on same level as CUDA yet. So this is as good as it gets with the stuff AMD provides.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

On 1/6/2021 at 12:40 AM, bibo01 said:

You should probably disable gapless support if it acts up. HQPlayer Embedded can do gapless without it too.

Out of interest, besides Jussi of course, is anyone else out there using HQP OS and UAC2 input with UpBoard Gateway ?

Or is it just me and Jussi lol

It's super cool 

At my desktop I have Apple Music, Spotify, Soundcloud, Tidal Desktop app, Qobuz Desktop app, all going through HQP OS to my RME ADI-2 (V2) FS DAC.

Don't need Roon or Audirvana etc. Can use the official apps of the streaming services.

12 hours ago, asdf1000 said:

Out of interest, besides Jussi of course, is anyone else out there using HQP OS and UAC2 input with UpBoard Gateway ?

Or is it just me and Jussi lol

Of course I don't know the exact number, but there are some people for example in Japan using it.

Probably not the most popular feature though. There's number of possible hardware platforms for such NAA (mostly ARM-based). So if some company would make packaged hardware product for it, it could become more popular.

Some nice hardware I have is available as CPU modules, but not directly to consumers. So mostly hoping some hardware company would eventually pick up on supporting this feature too.

In not too distant future, I hope the NAA & HQPlayer OS image for RasPi4 will gain support for it too. RasPi4 hardware should be capable of the needed things.

12 hours ago, asdf1000 said:

Don't need Roon or Audirvana etc. Can use the official apps of the streaming services.

That was the idea, that you can make the thing work like any of the upsampler hardware products and run it as a standalone upsampler.

17 minutes ago, Miska said:

In not too distant future, I hope the NAA & HQPlayer OS image for RasPi4 will gain support for it too. RasPi4 hardware should be capable of the needed things.

Input via it's USB-C port? Isn't that only for power?

18 minutes ago, Miska said:

That was the idea, that you can make the thing work like any of the upsampler hardware products and run it as a standalone upsampler.

I'm using Roon less and less now. The Tidal app continues to improve each month or two. Their recommendations algorithm seems far better too.

I even hooked up my iPhone and iPad to Up Board , using Apple Camera Kit. Works flawlessly as expected.

1 hour ago, asdf1000 said:

Input via it's USB-C port? Isn't that only for power?

IIRC, it has full device side functionality.

1 hour ago, asdf1000 said:

The Tidal app continues to improve each month or two. Their recommendations algorithm seems far better too.

I'm kinda lazy and just use mConnect Player for Tidal.

But the interesting aspect for me in the UAC2 functionality is using regular Spotify client. Although it works equally fine with USBStreamer and external device since it is fixed sampling rate anyway. Or even with loopback driver.

13 hours ago, Miska said:

In terms of capabilities vs Up Board Gateway, do you expect RasPi4 to have mostly same or maybe a bit more capable (more power?) ?

What's the other hardware that would support UAC2 input that consumers can buy? And that is more powerful than UpBoard?

11 hours ago, asdf1000 said:

In terms of capabilities vs Up Board Gateway, do you expect RasPi4 to have mostly same or maybe a bit more capable (more power?) ?

Little bit less capable I think.

11 hours ago, asdf1000 said:

What's the other hardware that would support UAC2 input that consumers can buy? And that is more powerful than UpBoard?

Up Squared, but I never got the USB device mode working on it so far. Maybe it's a BIOS bug or something. But there have been hardware revisions since mine, so maybe they have fixed it on the newer ones. Someone would need to buy it and try it out, maybe it works, maybe it doesn't.