IGNORED

HQPlayer Linux Desktop and HQplayer embedded

ted_b

22 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

With sinc-l is 16gb enough memory.And is higher memory speed recommended ? Thanks

Depends on conversion ratio, but assuming RedBook to DSD256 here.

For running on CPU yes, but I think I don't have any such CPU at the moment that would be capable of running it.

For running on GPU, with current HQPlayer build it works on my RTX 2080 Ti and consumes about 6 GB of GPU memory. From GPU load of perspective, DSD512 would likely also work, but there's not enough GPU RAM on my RTX 2080 Ti (12 GB).

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

1 minute ago, Miska said:

Depends on conversion ratio, but assuming RedBook to DSD256 here.

For running on CPU yes, but I think I don't have any such CPU at the moment that would be capable of running it.

For running on GPU, with current HQPlayer build it works on my RTX 2080 Ti and consumes about 6 GB of GPU memory. From GPU load of perspective, DSD512 would likely also work, but there's not enough GPU RAM on my RTX 2080 Ti (12 GB).

I'm running sinc-l 44.1 to dsd 256 asdm7 runs fine.Drop outs with ec filters.CPU 8086K

5 hours ago, cjunkk said:

I just see the BCM2835 devices. Is your Raspberry 8GB RAM? May be that's the issue... I tried to connect an Ifi Idac2.

I have now uploaded an alternative 4.21.1.1 image version that has latest 5.4 series kernel. Unfortunately that means the -rt feature is gone, but OTOH it works fine on 8 GB model and supports some new cards like HifiBerry DAC+ HD:

Screenshot_2021-02-02_01-46-17.thumb.png.4315568603d5b7777068cc3cef792949.png

Now this also makes it possible to start looking into USB Audio Class input support with RasPi4 too.

Hi. this is my first post in this forum... --- I love network audio & am looking forward to diving deeper into the upsampling world! From reading a lot on these pages during the past week and scratching on the surface of my HQPe knowledge and own experience... I am sure I will find some answers and hope to contribute as I move along ;-)

At this time my head is spinning a little ( rather a lot...) around the topic HQPe & NAA & UAC2 Input.

'Simple' goal is to use a given platform I like for controlling and to play music on a 'everyday basis' ( Squeezelite on AudioLinux Installation on RPi4 and feeding these tones into the HQPe Server with attached MOTU 8Channel Soundcard to do upsampling ( and loading 3way crossover filters/ PEQ to an active system later in time...)

Concerning UAC2 / upBOARD as USB DAC ( following sample rate changes ;-)) - is the following scenario possible?

Connect the upBOARD ( with the custom firmware as needed & configured as NAA ) to the RPi4

The RPi4 is running AudioLinux & Squeezelite and configured to use the upBOARD DAC as 'Audio OUT'

->  sending the signal to HQPe ( configured as INPUT from USB Audio.), maybe a special  xml line needed?

Maybe I should post a diagram with signal flow...sometimes its not so easy to use words for explanation and hoping everyone likes to follow.

Thanks for your feedback.

Stephan

6 hours ago, D-0211 said:

Connect the upBOARD ( with the custom firmware as needed & configured as NAA ) to the RPi4

The RPi4 is running AudioLinux & Squeezelite and configured to use the upBOARD DAC as 'Audio OUT'

->  sending the signal to HQPe ( configured as INPUT from USB Audio.), maybe a special  xml line needed?

That should work. But if Squeezelite can use HQPlayer Embedded as UPnP Renderer, it would be much simpler setup.

I think some people here are doing something like that and may be able to help you.

8 hours ago, Miska said:

I have now uploaded an alternative 4.21.1.1 image version that has latest 5.4 series kernel. Unfortunately that means the -rt feature is gone, but OTOH it works fine on 8 GB model and supports some new cards like HifiBerry DAC+ HD:

Now this also makes it possible to start looking into USB Audio Class input support with RasPi4 too.

Thank you Miska, I will give it a try.

Carlo

3 hours ago, Miska said:

That should work. But if Squeezelite can use HQPlayer Embedded as UPnP Renderer, it would be much simpler setup.

I think some people here are doing something like that and may be able to help you.

Ok, great.Thanks Jussi. I'll check out the upnp variant but am still up for that more complex challenge...my upBOARD Gateway should arrive next week.Concerning modding the xml file,is there anything to be aware of in terms of this setup?

17 hours ago, Miska said:

Yeah, I think it is related to 8 GB model, I now tried on one new  8 GB model and see the same.

I think my earlier ones where things work fine are 4 GB.

Hello @Miska

I have the Raspberry 8GB RAM and I think this issue is in file naa-4112-raspberrypi4.7z  21-Sep-2020    too

3 hours ago, D-0211 said:

Ok, great.Thanks Jussi. I'll check out the upnp variant but am still up for that more complex challenge...my upBOARD Gateway should arrive next week.Concerning modding the xml file,is there anything to be aware of in terms of this setup?

It is preconfigured on the OS images. No need to play with the config file.

I have installed HQPlayer Embedded. When I access the web configuration interface from another PC and make some changes and push apply, I get the message that permission is denied. No NAA or DAC yet attached and trial version.

Also on the menu bar at the bottom of the screen "About", "Authentication", Key" and "Log" respond with their respective pages, but the other selections do not respond.

Is this the correct behaviour? Just want to check before I continue.

4 hours ago, Rovo said:

I have installed HQPlayer Embedded. When I access the web configuration interface from another PC and make some changes and push apply, I get the message that permission is denied. No NAA or DAC yet attached and trial version.

Also on the menu bar at the bottom of the screen "About", "Authentication", Key" and "Log" respond with their respective pages, but the other selections do not respond.

Is this the correct behaviour? Just want to check before I continue.

If you are on something else than HQPlayer OS, did you set the username and password as instructed on the installation instructions page? Browser should ask for username and password.

Thank you for the quick response.

As far I know I am on HQPlayer OS. When opening the browser (for the first time) username and password are asked.

Below I have added some information that might be helpful to identify what I did wrong.

First installed Ubuntu Server 20.04 LTS followed by (text file!):

afbeelding.png.f516507e0351b17e638c92c6c30d98f6.png

With the following result:

afbeelding.thumb.png.4ecbda2b815f88456c6088a1b1627aaa.png

And the log file of the problem:

afbeelding.thumb.png.8a897218b2d68a852f22b6dd7d0af96a.png

42 minutes ago, Rovo said:

As far I know I am on HQPlayer OS.

Well, you are not since you are on Ubuntu...

The "sudo hqplayerd -s hqplayer hqplayer" sets username to "hqplayer" and password to "hqplayer".

44 minutes ago, Rovo said:

afbeelding.thumb.png.8a897218b2d68a852f22b6dd7d0af96a.png

Looks like hqplayer user doesn't have write permissions to /etc/hqplayer directory for some reason, although post-install script of hqplayerd package is trying to set those. Please try reinstalling the hqplayerd package. It should fix the permissions.

Hi @Miska

I have an i9-9900K doing 2-channel upsampling to DSD256 with ASDM7EC, with 2 channel convolution of all PCM content. ext2 filter mostly used.

No separate GPU. 

Works great.

What do I need to add to this machine to go from 2-channels of the above to 6-channels ?

i.e. 6-channels upsampling PCM music to DSD256 with ASDM7EC, convolution of 6 channels, all PCM content.

There is already 650W Seatronics power supply and big Fractal Design Define R6 case, since I prepared for the day I would need to add big GPU.

The same i9-9900K CPU is fine? So I just need to add something like RTX-2080 and that should be fine?

28 minutes ago, asdf1000 said:

What do I need to add to this machine to go from 2-channels of the above to 6-channels ?

i.e. 6-channels upsampling PCM music to DSD256 with ASDM7EC, convolution of 6 channels, all PCM content.

There is already 650W Seatronics power supply and big Fractal Design Define R6 case, since I prepared for the day I would need to add big GPU.

The same i9-9900K CPU is fine? So I just need to add something like RTX-2080 and that should be fine?

Maybe 2080 or 3070/3080 in combination with 9900K can do it, unless running six modulators in parallel will make the clock frequencies of 9900K fall too much.