IGNORED

HQPlayer Linux Desktop and HQplayer embedded

ted_b

42 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

No just the NAA is powered on all the time.Don't close Windows NAA window.No when I  hit play no music.Have to hit apply in web page then music plays.

Does that only happen overnight?

Or even just a couple hours after a listening session?

On 1/30/2021 at 4:53 PM, bibo01 said:

The end result would be:

Filter Settings file

Room EQ V5.20 Beta 61
Dated: 30-gen-2021 14.34.08

Notes:test

Equaliser: Generic
No measurement
Filter 1: ON PK Fc 50.00 Hz Gain 3.00 dB Q 10.000
Filter 2: ON PK Fc 100.0 Hz Gain 3.00 dB Q 10.000
Filter 3: ON PK Fc 200.0 Hz Gain 3.00 dB Q 10.000 

Yeah, that looks like usable output. I'll look into adding support for reading this from a file.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

Hello @Miska,

I just tried the latest HQPlayer embedded image (4.21.1) on a Raspberry Pi4 (8GB RAM). Every seems to work but the USB ports.

I was not able to connect an USB keyboard (so I cannot login to the console) and my USB dac is not recognized. 

On the other hand the network connection to a beaglebone NAA is working fine. Any suggestion?

Carlo

44 minutes ago, asdf1000 said:

For pipeline matrix, the manual only says overlap-save uses more CPU than overlap-add. Doesn't mentioned anything else about the differences.

Does that extra CPU result in something that is technically better? Or technically same?

Practically results are the same. Differences in computed values are some hundreds of dB down.

On 1/30/2021 at 4:20 PM, asdf1000 said:

I remember you have OnLogic CL100 

https://www.onlogic.com/eu-en/cl100/

Have you worked out how to use the USB-C port for a HQPe UAC2 input?

Or the CL100 hardware won't allow it?

I have not looked into it really. But last time I checked the hardware doesn't support it.

3 hours ago, cjunkk said:

I just tried the latest HQPlayer embedded image (4.21.1) on a Raspberry Pi4 (8GB RAM). Every seems to work but the USB ports.

I was not able to connect an USB keyboard (so I cannot login to the console) and my USB dac is not recognized. 

On the other hand the network connection to a beaglebone NAA is working fine. Any suggestion?

Strange, it is working fine for me, this is just freshly flashed 4.21.1 image booted on RasPi4:

Screenshot_2021-02-01_16-45-43.thumb.png.9b1fa885e2ae288b46a72acdee38145a.png

Jussi,
Does an HQPe License allow you to use HQP OS on the same machine or are they separate?

The reason I ask is Euphony takes a while to update versions and at times I am just using embedded with Roon on a different server. That would allow me to take advantage of a newer version without worrying about updates via Euphony.

Thanks...Mike

3 hours ago, Miska said:

Strange, it is working fine for me, this is just freshly flashed 4.21.1 image booted on RasPi4:

I just see the BCM2835 devices. Is your Raspberry 8GB RAM? May be that's the issue... I tried to connect an Ifi Idac2.

Carlo

55 minutes ago, BCRich said:

Jussi,
Does an HQPe License allow you to use HQP OS on the same machine or are they separate?

The reason I ask is Euphony takes a while to update versions and at times I am just using embedded with Roon on a different server. That would allow me to take advantage of a newer version without worrying about updates via Euphony.

Thanks...Mike

@Miska

28 minutes ago, cjunkk said:

I just see the BCM2835 devices. Is your Raspberry 8GB RAM? May be that's the issue... I tried to connect an Ifi Idac2.

Yeah, I think it is related to 8 GB model, I now tried on one new  8 GB model and see the same.

I think my earlier ones where things work fine are 4 GB.

1 hour ago, BCRich said:

I'm not sure I understand? HQPlayer OS includes HQPlayer Embedded and the OS itself doesn't require any separate license or such. Only the HQPlayer Embedded running on the OS needs.

35 minutes ago, Miska said:

I'm not sure I understand? HQPlayer OS includes HQPlayer Embedded and the OS itself doesn't require any separate license or such. Only the HQPlayer Embedded running on the OS needs.

Ok, I have Euphony with an embedded license and was looking to run OS instead using the same embedded licensing since it would be on the same machine. It’s been almost 7 months since Euphony has updated.

Based on your response I guess that is not an option; it would only be in demo mode.

1 minute ago, BCRich said:

Ok, I have Euphony with an embedded license and was looking to run OS instead using the same embedded licensing since it would be on the same machine. It’s been almost 7 months since Euphony has updated.

Based on your response I guess that is not an option; it would only be in demo mode.

If I understand correctly, it should be fine if you want to use HQPlayer Embedded on HQPlayer OS instead of running it on Euphony. With some good luck the hardware fingerprint would even remain the same and thus the key file wouldn't need an update.

37 minutes ago, Miska said:

If I understand correctly, it should be fine if you want to use HQPlayer Embedded on HQPlayer OS instead of running it on Euphony. With some good luck the hardware fingerprint would even remain the same and thus the key file wouldn't need an update.

Maybe I should try it out first. Would I be able to go back and forth? I don’t want to create a headache for you or me🤕.

2 minutes ago, BCRich said:

Maybe I should try it out first. Would I be able to go back and forth? I don’t want to create a headache for you or me🤕.

Sure, without license key HQPlayer Embedded operates in trial mode.

And typically you'd boot HQPlayer OS from USB memory stick or microSD card, and it doesn't require any installation, so you can just boot your computer with it - easy to try out.