1 minute ago, mozes said:

On the rendering tab, should I select local renderer as it is connected via usb to the dac?

Not completely sure as I have never tried with two Android tabs myself. I currently do not use BubbleServer and cannot check either at the moment. 

🎛️  Audio System  

Thanks for the help guys:

here is what solved the issue

1- set static ip on both android tabs

2- untick upnp renderer in Bubbleupnp server

3- select open home renderer on the control tab

4- select local renderer on the tab connected to dac via usb

5- rebooth both tabs

and voila enjoy your music :) 

hope this helps some network newbies like myself 

Just now, mozes said:

Thanks for the help guys:

here is what solved the issue

1- set static ip on both android tabs

2- untick upnp renderer in Bubbleupnp server

3- select open home renderer on the control tab

4- select local renderer on the tab connected to dac via usb

5- rebooth both tabs

and voila enjoy your music :) 

Your welcome Moussa! Enjoy the music! ?

🎛️  Audio System  

Those reg boards are indeed very nice! Using 2 in series on both my SSD and Regen DC input. Music sounds more 'cohesive', sort of a bit like how Tannoy dual concentric drivers are easy on the ear. Mid range is the main beneficiary, being less edgy and more inviting. 

Never shrink-wrapped anything before, so any recommendations for what shrink wrap to buy and the best of way of applying heat to it appreciated?  Those naked boards are looking rather vulnerable otherwise..:)

3 hours ago, John769 said:

Never shrink-wrapped anything before, so any recommendations for what shrink wrap to buy and the best of way of applying heat to it appreciated?  Those naked boards are looking rather vulnerable otherwise..:)

Quality pays off with heat shrink tubes. Look for polyolefin tubing's with a shrink ratio of 2:1 up to 3:1. A heatgun is preferred (but a hair dryer can be used for the purpose).

https://www.cableorganizer.com/learning-center/how-to/how-to-use-heat-shrink-tubing.htm

🎛️  Audio System  

Time to re-introduce the LT3045s in series pre IR, AQVOX switch and Aries Mini. Oh yeah, absolutely an improvement with better details, dynamics & fibers...even on low speaker volume! No doubt. They're keepers yet again. Love it! ?

IMG_6865.thumb.JPG.56ba63aaaff2b495c0922b7847be91ab.JPGIMG_6864.thumb.JPG.750baf2eb578cb391e7622b08f0e0dfb.JPGIMG_6863.thumb.JPG.c38b92f6d13f5a7ed6348258bc1c64e3.JPG

When I move to my new place in Feb I will try to ground the outputs of all my LT3045s to the star-earth receptacle on my PSD as well to see if @One and a half have a point that it could improve things further. It will surely be interesting to see if that equals a further jump in SQ.?

🎛️  Audio System  

A had plans to ground the DC- output of my floating LPSS powering my router when I moved to my new appartment in February, but suddenly I found myself digging in the router mess right after work today. It's a tight area which is not very easy to access without taking everything out. To my surprise I managed to fit it in place in complete darkness. The other end of the ground wire connected to a Supra ac mains plug connected to the PSD where the floating LPS is connected as well. 

I did'nt have to listen for more than a couple of seconds to realize that it made a good jump in SQ. I am so happy I did it before the move! ?

🎛️  Audio System  

2 hours ago, Cornan said:

A had plans to ground the DC- output of my floating LPSS powering my router when I moved to my new appartment in February, but suddenly I found myself digging in the router mess right after work today. It's a tight area which is not very easy to access without taking everything out. To my surprise I managed to fit it in place in complete darkness. The other end of the ground wire connected to a Supra ac mains plug connected to the PSD where the floating LPS is connected as well. 

I did'nt have to listen for more than a couple of seconds to realize that it made a good jump in SQ. I am so happy I did it before the move! ?

"To my surprise I managed to fit it in place in complete darkness."

You and/or the router?  ;-)  Could be the least expensive tweak I ever read about.

1 minute ago, BigGuy said:

"To my surprise I managed to fit it in place in complete darkness."

You and/or the router?  ;-)  Could be the least expensive tweak I ever read about.

*LOL* no, I fitted the JSGT (John Swenson Ground Tweak) without actually seeing my fingers. I cannot even fit my head inside that TV bench where the routers floating LPS (Voltcraft FSP-1134) is hiding together with a LOT of other stuff. ?

🎛️  Audio System  

Today I installed the Peaktech2240 isolation transformer with floating secondary at my router end post DC Blocker trap filter. At the same time I connected the JSGT from my floating Linear power supply Voltcraft FSP-1134 to the Aucharm grounding box, just because the router end suddenly have dual floating grounds and by experience the JSGT does'nt sound good connected to the PSD under those circumstances.

IMG_6869.thumb.JPG.fa5856bd831b01e0010314dd114fff9a.JPGIMG_6871.thumb.JPG.47367ee00b5c895f341fbd86e5283e25.JPG

Big jump in SQ. I know that I have used this expression before, but it sounds like pure oxygene is suddenly pumped into the music. Bass is still pounding through the speakers cones as deep as ever before. I get a sense of relief listening to the same music again, even if it is techno-kind of music filling the room. Very airy and detailed any yet a very surrounding feeling with a wider soundstage with lot of details flowing around in mid air and far away. The echos going on longer. My bookshelf speakers have reached the ground.

Yet again it proves to me that with Tidal as source that no expense at the router end is in vain. Every single improvement in AC, DC, isolation and grounding at than end gives this fellow a redicelously happy face! ?

🎛️  Audio System  

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for all the Christmas wishes and kind words! ?

Since Auralic gave a Christmas present in form of Spotify Connect support to LigthningDS 5.3 I just upgraded to Spotify Premium as well as Tidal Hi-Fi.

My first Spotify Connect album (not available in Tidal) was Jack In Water - The Piano One that I have been enjoying the last hour or so! ?

33793062_800_800.thumb.jpg.c70d80e00f6b4ab5f3e39d178df29ffb.jpg

At the same time I am planning my next big step. I am hoping to spot a deal the coming days of sensitive speakers and possibly mono amps. Fingers crossed I'll find something I cannot resist! ?

🎛️  Audio System  

I just found a great deal on a pair of active speakers.

I ordered a pair of Gibson Les Paul 8 Cherry B-stock for EUR 736.-/ pair. 

https://www.thomann.de/se/gibson_lp8_cherry_b_stock_2.htm?sid=462b11ea5ac549095f336ea59b537a3f

5a4356604ab9a_highres_gibsonlespaul8cherryemusic1.thumb.jpg.3352314bf940a508155e0d205e0ff4dc.jpg

The LP8 have got great reviews.

I just love the looks of these beauties! :) 

Next up is to sell off the AVR setup plus Monkey Banana Turbo 5s and start looking for a suitable PSU for the Brooklyn DAC. Paul Hynes SR4?

🎛️  Audio System