IGNORED

MQA is Vaporware

13 minutes ago, Rt66indierock said:

Not a massive leap an argument Bob Stuart isn't the right person to listen to in this millennium about digital formats. 

You keep saying Meridian has produced excellent hifi, but why has turnover declined in United States 50% since 2001. 

The joke around NY Metro dealers concerning Meridian is that they were the world's most expensive paperweights. They literally could not give it away.

21 minutes ago, crenca said:

Don't be dense.  Bob S is a Big Fat Liar just like Bill Clinton is a Big Fat Liar, as in "I did not have sex with that young women"

Wake up Barrowboy, you were duped by Bob S at some point in the past (how much did you $pend did you say?), and now are shooting the messenger....good luck with that.

Maybe we should call Stuart Attorney General Bob or AG Bob from now on. The difference between the repulsive toad AG and Stuart, is that Bob is actually good at lying.😃

3 hours ago, Albrecht said:

Hello....

MQA is the veritable essence of USA consumerism. (I am not defending MQA,  - it is horrible). But MQA is very typical. As it goes also with this forum, - evidence is pushed back into the realm of cult-of-personality fascism. Hopefully,- you have just as much hostility towards Bank of America, General Dynamics, Goldman Sachs, etc. etc.

Good post, good question.

yes, absolutely I do not do business with BOA, GS, or GD...I consider them all, along with GE, to be criminal organizations. 

1 minute ago, christopher3393 said:

Seems to me that you are being heavy-handed here. If I had accidentally sent you a PM intended of someone else and was indulging in a bit of private venting, I'd hope for a heads up about my mistake, especially if I were a known person professionally connected to the industry.  To simply allude to the content of those posts and claim they are hypocritical? How can anyone disagree or offer a different interpretation? If any privately expressed criticism is considered "uncivil" and therefore hypocritical of someone who has supported civility, there would be no civility supporters left, including yourself.

"Personal attacks aren't allowed here"...except when they are, which is not infrequent. This does not bode well.  It appears you've been drinking some of crenca's kool-aid.

"Seems to me that you are being heavy-handed here"...

You have some serious Chutzpah. 

2 minutes ago, esldude said:

Well that is predated by the Gulf of Tonkin journalism in the Vietnam police action. 

Which is predated by William Randolph Hearst's and Josef Pulitzer's actions reporting on events prior to the Spanish-American war.  Somewhat ironic considering Hearst and Pulitzer are the people who caused the term "yellow journalism" to first be used.  Yet we have the Pulitzer awards for investigative journalism.  

I'm sure if one keeps looking those are predated by others.  

Well noted...! Yes, how soon we forget...😯

13 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I removed posts about content from the 13/14 year old writer. I draw the line at talking about him or critiquing his work. 

It’s tough enough to have thick skin as an adult and I won’t go down the road of forcing a kid to go through it. 

I understand your position, but far too politically correct.

Regardless of age, he is putting his work out in public and being paid for it. Young actors, athletes, and musicians routinely have their performances harshly critiqued in the media. it's call life.

But I respect your decision.

3 hours ago, Em2016 said:

As I mentioned earlier in the thread, this is probably similar to PS Audio DirectStream... Ted Smith didn't want MQA decoding/rendering code in his FPGA... MQA Ltd initially wanted the FPGA code.... Paul McGowan isn't for MQA either but due to customer requests (he says) they added it via the ConversDigital network card... they sent a unit to MQA Ltd and let them do the impulse response measurements and whatever else they do.

Ed has done similar and limited it to just USB input...

If one understands the work of Ted Smith and Ed Meitner (hint: DSP... both worked together at a point) then it's not hard to understand why they won't go 'all in' on MQA...

As I already mentioned a few posts back, there is apparently more customer/dealer demand 'offline' than we see online (forums etc), which is the only reason they would add this ... again thinking about their work...

Often, the smart move is NOT giving the customer what they want. Being gutless to sell more boxes in another topic.

8 hours ago, firedog said:

I think these small audiophile businesses know their customer base a lot better than you or any other "armchair manager" do. 

That may be, but they also know what FEAR is. You can smell the stench of it. Unlike say, Schiit, Naim, Linn, Benchmark, Bryston, Playback Designs, McIntosh, Ayre, Exogal, Sonore, and many, many many more. 

1 hour ago, John_Atkinson said:

Exactly the case. With the Stereophile recordings, while I always get the artists' input and approval for the mix and balance, etc, as I am the one who has bankrolled every project other than the most recent, "Tight Lines," I make the final decision for every aspect of the recording.

John Atkinson

Technical Editor, Stereophile

Owner, Stereophile Recordings

Have Stereophile Recordings been MQA encoded?