IGNORED

MQA is Vaporware

6 minutes ago, JoeWhip said:

Not sure you understood my point JA. It is that I can use filters and settings in software like Sox etc. to end up with the same sonic signature on a given mqa file. Hence, we do not need Mqa. 

Plus, there all kinds of plugins that can add ultrasonic noise, smear transients, and remove a few bits. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

16 minutes ago, Ishmael Slapowitz said:

I have tell you Arch, there is overwhelming evidence that Madrona Digital is a sham or shell company.  They have the most generic cut and paste website with stock photos. They list employees that have not been there for years. The job titles are laughably absurd. And under "Careers" even more absurd, like an "opening" for "Journeyman Technician" lol..

The last social media entry on any platform, was from 2015. 

Amir at one point claimed to have a walk in store, which he closed, not surprising, since anyone with half a brain figured out he is a charlatan, dishonest, and a pathological liar.

Here’s some info on it. 

https://opengovwa.com/labor-industries-contractor/MADROD*877JR

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

3 minutes ago, bambadoo said:

And people leaving from Wimp/Tidal to MQA and to Roon. Obviously more also. 

Anyone know what this is?

https://vilvit.io/

People from MQA/Roon are involved it seems. 

1242026885_Screenshot2021-04-27at22_32_29.thumb.png.8aab278973f251a0009e0ce32ec98d9d.png

My guess is Pål Bråtelund heads it up as he worked / works with MQA and Roon. I like Paul a lot. Just don't agree with his take on MQA. 

37 minutes ago, Samuel T Cogley said:

She shares a last name with Mr. Stuart.  I'm a little surprised you seem to almost be asking the forum for help doxing someone.  Bad form for the forum owner, and potentially more ammo for MQA to throw hate at this forum.  I'm perplexed, to say the least.

What part of any of what I posted and asked involves doxxing?

This is all made public by Her. I just asked if there was a connection. 

dox
/däks/

verb
INFORMAL
gerund or present participle: doxxing
  1. search for and publish private or identifying information about (a particular individual) on the internet, typically with malicious intent.
    "hackers and online vigilantes routinely dox both public and private figures"

1 minute ago, Samuel T Cogley said:

So, right to semantics is it?  OK.  I predict you'll regret this eventually, but sure, keep projecting confidence now.  👍

Please help me understand. She posted her full name on the Roon site, posted all work history on Linked In, which includes Roon and MQA. I just asked if there’s a relation. 

If you think this is wrong, I can’t help you. 

1 hour ago, Dr Tone said:

Isn’t Bob married to ridiculous amounts of money?

That’s what everyone talks about, but I’ve never bothered to look into it. I don’t really care. 

1 hour ago, Dr Tone said:

Not sure it would be a family member having to work.

having versus wanting and all the variables involved in generational wealth are unknown. 

8 minutes ago, KeenObserver said:

The question is: Are MQA and the three majors so arrogant as to think that they are going to ram MQA down the throats of the music consumer whether they like it or not?

Yes. 100% yes. When public corporations report to shareholders on a quarterly basis, nothing is off the table. 

25 minutes ago, firedog said:

The MQA people and the record labels-streaming companies  may be mistaken, but the seem to be looking long term at the whole music industry ecosystem, and thinking that long term they will manage to squeeze large additional "rents" out of consumers and audio companies. 

Absolutely. 

26 minutes ago, Cebolla said:

Indeed. It's just a marketing exercise in renaming the original HiFi tier to HiFi Plus and creating a new HiFi tier to only have the HiFi quality connection available. Given that the TIDAL HiFi quality connection currently provides MQA-CD or hi-res MQA mangled to 16bit/44.1kHz streams, it's very doubtful that'll suddenly start only providing true lossless CD-res sourced streams just because of the tier restructure.

I’d say it’s only being done to look price competitive with the other lossless services. People who’ve already signed up to pay $20 per month are already in. Keep them at that price and at the same time get more people with the cheaper tier.