IGNORED

MQA is Vaporware

3 hours ago, Paul R said:

Absolutely - and without a doubt that is a great loss for CA and a definite win for the pro-MQA side. It makes us all look unreasonable, childish, and foolish. 

I know you are not going to even consider the possibility that the above opinion is flawed, but it is.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

Boycott Warner Music Group

2 hours ago, Samuel T Cogley said:

Keeping track of name calling?  I'd love to see that list.  I think the worst thing I've ever called Lee is a shill.

Exactly, I've followed this thread and seem to have completely missed this supposed name calling. Either that or it doesn't exist.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

1 hour ago, Ishmael Slapowitz said:

Hmmm. A review from Paul Miller's mag of the Naim streamer..

NO mention of lack of MQA decoding...no mention of MQA interesting contrast to Mr. Dudley.

Could be more of an editorial decision as opposed to the whim of any given writer, and if so, might we start to see a slow change/backpedal pivot beginning with the July Stereophile issue?

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

21 minutes ago, mav52 said:

...lost all credibility right there.  Dudley broke out the MQA pom poms and away he went.  As a reader of Stereophile for many many many years, I just don't see it any other way. Another MQA PLUG from this magazine.

My take as well, and I too have been a reader (not hater) of Stereophile for many many many years. I like Art Dudley.

If this is in fact editor driven as it so blatantly appears to be, I suspect a soft-pivot/silent backpedal beginning with the July issue (or sometime shortly thereafter) is forthcoming.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

26 minutes ago, beetlemania said:

I suspect the slide will accelerate under Jim Austin. I intend to watch that unfold as a former subscriber.

I would hope (but not necessarily expect) the opposite, this is a chance at a clean slate of sorts, perhaps Paul Miller recognizes that despite JA's claims of more business as usual.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

7 minutes ago, Paul R said:

It is 2019, people go to jail for that kind of stuff in companies now.  

Based on your take the criminal investigation of Tidal for faked streaming counts and non-payment of royalties to artists can now be swiftly concluded then?

Not one company out there is misstating their financials, and company officers with a personal financial interest in the company's reported results are not inclined to take any liberties according to you?

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

To the surprise of nobody, certain people were as pompous and abrasive as ever. I was told by people they’d never be on a panel or present with them again. 

Probably safe to say that Jbara is no pro at corporate governance, and Forsythe reacted poorly to his credentials being questioned?

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

• 2 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, mcgillroy said:

MQA just let the world know that vinyl mastering is on their list of possible revenue sources. 

I wonder what kind of revenue MQA will book on licensing a 500 unit Limited Edition obscure LP title? Something tells me it won't go too far in repaying the £5 million "loan" Reinet gave them last year to stay afloat.

Brinkmann must be desperate for attention in their market niche.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

44 minutes ago, mcgillroy said:

Forget the viability of their numbers for now. This is strategic communication by MQA. And it’s exactly this why Reinet keeps them afloat.

Well said, though Swiss investment bankers won't continue to throw good money after bad indefinitely.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook