IGNORED

MQA is Vaporware

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
45 minutes ago, KeenObserver said:

Back many years ago when they were enthusiast's publications I subscribed to Stereophile and bought the occasional TAS.

I let my subscription to Stereophile run out in the mid 90's.

It was clear what they turned into.

I subscribed to Stereo Review back in the late 70s.  They reviewed both gear and music.  While I have a moderate appreciation for Marshall Chapman's Jaded Virgin, you would have thought its release was a watershed event if you read the review.  That was back in the days when the Nakamichi Dragon had just come out.

I agree completely that the surviving "audio enthusiast publications" have become marketing cut-and-paste factories.  The hubris of their current employees has to be experienced to be believed.

18 minutes ago, kennyb123 said:

This thread is up to 1015 pages with what looks like posts added daily.  It's crazy that this is being talked about so often but it seems that neither MQA opponents nor MQA proponents can stop talking about it.   

I have ignored all but a couple posts in this thread.  Easy enough to do if one isn't hearing the repetition.  

I meant the relentless mentions in the trade publications that are often indistinguishable from pure marketing copy.

This thread is the only place on the internet where consumers are represented.  I, for one, am very happy to see that some technical facts about MQA (it's lossy, and the filters can produce artifacts) have prevailed. 

27 minutes ago, Jud said:

The claims aren't even consistent:

24 x 384k = 9.2Mbps, not 20Mbps. So which is it? (On second thought, don't bother. If at some point there's a working codec popular enough to be included with music I may listen to and products I may choose to purchase, then let me know what the actual tested capabilities are. Until then, I don't think this merits my further attention.)

You sure that's the right number for stereo?