IGNORED

MQA is Vaporware

32 minutes ago, Currawong said:

I'm going to speculate that MQA assumed that they'd start earning serious money, enough that they could employ and train people to do the mastering of the albums for them, which were prepared using the DAW/VST plug-in. 

The strong skeptic in me thinks that they were going to do this to hide the simplicity of what actual mastering was going on -- ie: it was nothing that needs the MQA encoding to work. Given how, say, The Beatles' White Album sounds in MQA, with quieter sounds being slightly louder, I really think it wasn't a heck of a lot more than carefully managed compression to enhance the quieter sounds. I do recall a post by someone who quoted an unknown recording engineer who had listened to MQA masters, and speculated from experience what had actually been done to create them. 

Back to the MQA group, they were losing money hand-over-fist and had to earn something quick, so went with batch encoding on TIDAL to try and get some traction. 
The only purpose of the remastering, really, was so that MQA files sounded different to the originals, as if they hadn't, the audiophiles who were attracted to the format would have just called BS on it as almost everyone in the professional world did. The re-mastering didn't require the MQA encoding, and the MQA encoding didn't require the mastering. 

It may have been the initial intension to set up a facility to process and create the MQA's and retain control, but it seems like its the record companies who ended up doing the batch creation horrors. Its like the re-run of the SACD fiasco, where some were goodish, and some were just bit for bit copies of CD's. Meat Loaf's (Bat out of Hell) never sounded better on SACD - believe me on that one!

1 hour ago, JoeWhip said:

FX Studio, me thinks you are working too hard here. Give it a rest, enjoy your life.

The response when you guys have been found to be embarrassingly wrong again!   LoL

Remind me again for how long you guys have been pushing "there is zero evidence that a plugin exists" line?  

34 minutes ago, Daccord said:

He's having a very enjoyable time winding you guys up with the usual BS.

Actually, there are people that actually are like this, and the Dunning-Kruger effect is all it is.

I mean Peter Veith is one.

Current:  Daphile on an AMD A10-9500 with 16 GB RAM

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

Amplification - Benchmark AHB2 amplifier

Speakers - Revel M126Be with 2 REL 7/ti subwoofers

Cables - Tara Labs RSC Reference and Blue Jean Cable Balanced Interconnects

48 minutes ago, Fx Studio said:

How about its:

Ladder of Inference Thinking   V  Critical Thinking Skills.

When you have neither, one has to suffer from the fools thinking out loud.

Current:  Daphile on an AMD A10-9500 with 16 GB RAM

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

Amplification - Benchmark AHB2 amplifier

Speakers - Revel M126Be with 2 REL 7/ti subwoofers

Cables - Tara Labs RSC Reference and Blue Jean Cable Balanced Interconnects