IGNORED

Welcome to the Vinnie Rossi forum!

I feel the LIO is wildly overpriced. It is priced in some very strong company. Sent from my iPad using Computer Audiophile

Hi GUTB,

Well I have to disagree - LOL! Many others will have to disagree with you as well on this, such as actual LIO customers:

http://www.vinnierossi.com/customer-feedback/

Professional reviewers:

http://www.vinnierossi.com/professional-reviews/

And those who listened to LIO at the various audio shows:

http://www.vinnierossi.com/show-coverage/

Of course you are entitled to your opinion, but sometimes it is more polite to keep it to yourself and simply move on (don't buy LIO). For example, there are many cars that I feel are "wildly overpriced." You won't see me going on the forums of those car manufacturers posting "I feel the XYZ is overpriced." I simply don't buy the car and move on. I hope you can understand where I"m coming from.

Thank you,

Vinnie

Vinnie Rossi

www.vinnierossi.com

Being built in the USA isn't relevant but there are plenty of very strong perfermorers in that price category. Such as VAC, Classe, McIntosh, etc and so on. For example, even though the LIO with the direct heated triode is interesting...if I had 9k to spend on a component I'd probably opt for a VAC. Or find a used Gryphon, etc.

OK. Can you link to a single product from any of those manufacturers that's similar to the LiO?

I'm not trying to be argumentative, just trying to figure out why you think what you do. Why is always way more relevant and interesting to me, that what.

Thanks @GUTB

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Being built in the USA isn't relevant but there are plenty of very strong perfermorers in that price category. Such as VAC, Classe, McIntosh, etc and so on. For example, even though the LIO with the direct heated triode is interesting...if I had 9k to spend on a component I'd probably opt for a VAC. Or find a used Gryphon, etc.

Hi GUTB,

That's fine. Everyone should be entitled to their opinion. But why post this on my forum (especially in my "Welcome" post)? Do you not agree that it comes across as being troll-like behavior?

Let me sum up our brief correspondence so far:

Vinnie: Hello everybody - welcome to the VR Forum! I'm here to discuss my products....

GUTB: Your products are wildly overpriced

Vinnie: I disagree and our customers would disagree with you (I link to customer feedback). Many reviewers who review lots of gear (certainly more expensive gear than what I sell) disagree with you and think LIO is a very good value (I link to professional reviews). Many show reports posted find the sound in our rooms to be some of the best in show (I link to show coverage)....

GUTB: There are other good performers for that price. I rather buy X, Y, Z....

Vinnie: WTF is wrong with this guy? (of course I say this to myself... I don't actually post it because that wouldn't be nice)

-----

Do you not see how you sound like you are just trolling? Do I really need to explain it? It's fine that you like the other products better (I'm not sure if you compared them to LIO, but let's not even go there). But do you really need to post here? Just move on. I promise that I will never force anyone to purchase my products :-)

I also never asked you for your opinion of the value of my work. If you were an actual customer, then that would be a different story.

To quickly put this to rest: I normally would simply delete a post such as yours, but I suppose I owe you some thanks. Thank you for showing an example of immature behavior that I will not tolerate here, nor will others who come here to participate in intelligent and friendly discussion.

Cheers!

Vinnie

Vinnie Rossi

www.vinnierossi.com

Vinnie, welcome to CA (as a sponsor)! There is no one in the industry that deserves a sponsor forum like you and the company does. Congrats! And great work!

BTW, GUTB did the same on one of my dac review threads today, and showed his childishness by laughing (LOLs everyhwere) at our technical details. Don't feed the trolls.. :)

Vinnie, welcome to CA (as a sponsor)! There is no one in the industry that deserves a sponsor forum like you and the company does. Congrats! And great work!

BTW, GUTB did the same on one of my dac review threads today, and showed his childishness by laughing (LOLs everyhwere) at our technical details. Don't feed the trolls.. :)

Thanks, teb_b - I'm *still* very excited to be here! Too many good things in the works and I'll be posting more about them soon...

Vinnie

Vinnie Rossi

www.vinnierossi.com

Do you not see how you sound like you are just trolling? Do I really need to explain it? It's fine that you like the other products better (I'm not sure if you compared them to LIO, but let's not even go there). But do you really need to post here? Just move on. I promise that I will never force anyone to purchase my products :-)

Good on you Vinnie. Sorry you had to land a troll so soon after starting your forum. We really don't get that many around here. But it is clear you have both the backbone and diplomacy skills to handle them with aplomb. A few decades in this nerdy business and one acquires the appropriate tools to handle most any encounter, right? ;):)

Happy new year buddy...

--Alex C.

Hi Vinnie,

Welcome to CA.

My 12v Mini arrived just before NYE and i am very happy with performance improvement for my Auralic Aries.

Any news on when the higher voltage (15 to 24v) Mini will be announced for pre-order or general availability ?

Will get a 19v Mini for my Auralic Gemini dac/headamp. Am toying with the idea of also getting a 16v Mini for the Aries (and moving the 12v Mini that i currently have now, over to my wifi router ... i let the 12v Mini burn in on my wifi router for a day when it first arrived & noticed a performance improvement there as well).

John

Sent from my iPad using Computer Audiophile

Speaker : iPhone 6S Plus > UpTone Audio USB Regen (x2) > Benchmark DAC1 Pre > Pass Labs INT-30A > Focal Micro Utopia BE

Headphone : Auralic Aries > Auralic Gemini 2000 > Audeze LCD-X

Power & Tweaks : Heaps of Balanced & Isolation Power supplies, Dedicated Line, Vinnie Rossi MINI PURE-DC-4EVR, HD-Plex LPSU, iFi Audio DC iPurifiers, DIY Resonance/Vibration platforms using Townshend Audio Seismic Isolation Pods

H Vinnie, I have seen many references to your LIO products, but had never investigated them until now. They are very interesting to me, particularly the dht preamp. Are there any retail stores in Australia where I might be able to hear one? Sent from my iPhone using Computer Audiophile

Hi xiddox,

Currently, we only sell factory-direct (to anywhere, and I have a handful of Australian customers), with a 30-day return policy. One day we will have a distributor in your country and many others. I'm not quite there yet...

My 12v Mini arrived just before NYE and i am very happy with performance improvement for my Auralic Aries. Any news on when the higher voltage (15 to 24v) Mini will be announced for pre-order or general availability ?

Hi John,

Glad to hear you are enjoying your MINI, and I hope to begin production on the 15 - 24Vdc version of the MINI later this month. We're getting close!

A few decades in this nerdy business and one acquires the appropriate tools to handle most any encounter, right? ;):)

Hi Alex,

Thanks - for me, it has only been since 2005. But I'm getting there...

Vinnie, welcome to CA!

Thank you, Jesus!

-----

All,

I just posted a new thread on this forum ("general LIO discussion thread") and I'll be doing the same for the VR MINI ultracapacitor power supply. If I missed any of your questions regarding these above, please post in the new threads and we'll get things rolling!

Thank you!

Vinnie

Vinnie Rossi

www.vinnierossi.com

Welcome Vinnie,

I have been tracking you for long (since red wine) but never found your products here across Atlantic.

I understand that the direct business model leave no space (or reduced) to distributors, and probably that is the reason for not finding any of LIO's around here.

Please let us know if you have been doing some sales to Portugal and if there is someone here with access to LIO's that would feel happy to demo those great products.

Welcome Vinnie,

I have been tracking you for long (since red wine) but never found your products here across Atlantic.

I understand that the direct business model leave no space (or reduced) to distributors, and probably that is the reason for not finding any of LIO's around here.

Please let us know if you have been doing some sales to Portugal and if there is someone here with access to LIO's that would feel happy to demo those great products.

Hi Mike,

Thank you, and I do not show that we have shipped a LIO to Portugal yet (certainly other countries in Europe). I will be attending the Munich Show in May. If you can make it there, you will be sure to get a very nice demo and I'd love to meet you in person!

Cheers!

Vinnie

Vinnie Rossi

www.vinnierossi.com

It's been a crazy busy week for me, so I'm finishing Chris' review unit this weekend and shipping Monday. So he'll have it mid next week. That will give him a day or two to catch up from CES ;-)

Excellent! I'm excited to hear what he has to say about it.

W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > Roon (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

Watch my Podcast https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos

Vinnie, welcome. I can still hear the wonderful sound produced by your LIO integrated amp and a pair of Harbeths at Axpona.

Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7s, 4 M&K ST-150Ts, 1 VCC-5; Amplification: 2 Vandersteen M7-HPAs, CI Audio D200 MKII, Ayre V-6xe; Preamp: Doshi Audio Line Stage v3.0; Phono Pre: Doshi Audio Phono Pre; Analog: Wave Kinetics NVS with Durand Telos composite arm; SME 3012R arm, Clearaudio Goldfinger Statement v2; Reel to Reel:  Technics RS-1500; Doshi Tape Pre-Amp; Studer A810, Studer A812, Tascam BR-20; Multi-channel: Bryston SP-3; Digital: Custom PC (Sean Jacobs DC4/Euphony/Stylus)> Lampizator Pacific

hi Vinnie, nice to see you here

missed, so far, your forum section as... been busy with my latest toy: "The MINI" :)

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > Metrum Acoustics Forte power amplifier (or  First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

• 3 weeks later...
Would love to do it.

Hi Chris,

It would be an honor to send you the first MINI review unit!

Just email me with the voltage and cable configuration, and I'll get it out to you...

Many thanks.

Happy New Year!

Vinnie

Any update on this?

W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > Roon (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

Watch my Podcast https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos