IGNORED

Memorable Music Movies.

sphinxsix

hi came across this trailer on YouTube(thank you@Ralf11 in country&western ie the dead at reed's ranch july3&4 1969--green green grass of home') and listened to the movie score on Qobuz

"words of love-marianne and leonard" coming out summer of 2020

also on prime video

check it out and the associated interviews with leonard on the side bars

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

It's a tenuous connection, so please bear with me but in this case I vote for Brigadoon, from 1954.  My wife loves musicals, even better if there's lots of dancing involved.  

I was listening to The Waterboys, The Whole of the Moon from This Is The Sea - released in 1985..

"I saw a rain dirty valley,

You saw Brigadoon...."

Turning to my wife I asked her what's Brigadoon? 

Well, nothing would do but that was quickly ordered and then cued up for Friday night at the movies.  It was a good movie, if you like that sort of thing.  Lots of singing and dancing.

Axial

If you have a particular favourite(s) send me a PM and I will get you the 529kb's .aac audio for them instead of <128kb/s , or a much larger size video file with higher bit rate video as well, if it is for saving .

Alex

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

John Zorn for The New York Times.

Ennio Morricone was more than one of the world’s great soundtrack composers — he was one of the world’s great composers, period. For me, his work stands with Bach, Mozart, Debussy, Ellington and Stravinsky in achieving that rare fusion of heart and mind. 

Ennio Morricone Was More Than Just a Great Film Composer

The Big Gundown - John Zorn (1986)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

So are we talking movies with great soundtracks?  If so,  here are a few of mine (yes I am stuck in the 80's)

1.  Opening scene of Top Gun (this soundtrack had them all:  Madonna, Kenny Loggins, Berlin etc.)

2.  Vision Quest final jump rope scene (another great 80's soundtrack for the ultimate coming of age movie)

RIG:  iFi Zen Stream - Benchmark DAC3 L - LA4  AHB2 | Paradigm Sig S6 Cables:  anything available

Have mentioned this in a couple of other posts ... Moulin Rouge,

The soundtrack is, a system buster ... adjust the volume for the soft bits to work - and then stand back for the massive crescendos of sound to hit you! Amazing stuff ... a test CD to be used only for the most capable rigs - but if it can do it, it won't get much better than this ... 😉.