IGNORED

Sonicorbiter - The Operating System

Is there a reason why I can never access my ur setting via Chrome on my phone? Would be handy to not have to fire up the pc

Screenshot_20190605-202018.png

Peach Audio Iso Transformer, Linn Akurate DSM, McIntosh MA2275 

Paradigm 30th Anniversary Tributes, SVS SB13 Ultra x2, Dynaudio BM5A MKII

Definitely connected to the same WiFi as pc and tablet. Turned off mobile network and used aeroplane mode. Still same issue. 

Can anyone else use this via Chrome on an Android phone? 

Peach Audio Iso Transformer, Linn Akurate DSM, McIntosh MA2275 

Paradigm 30th Anniversary Tributes, SVS SB13 Ultra x2, Dynaudio BM5A MKII

Hi Jesus,

Are you planning a wifi upgrade or something more sophisticated ( :-) ) around a new card as you did for the microrendu? 

Thanks,

Jorge

Jensen VRD-iFF>Router>Rj45>opticalModule>
SFP>Buffalo2016>SFP>opticalModule >Rj45>

IZen Mk3>Rj45> Delock62619>Rj45>
etherRegen (Master Clock+ Mini-Circuits BLP)>SFP>opticalRendu>USB>IsoRegen>

USB>Phoenix>USB>OPPO 205 (Modded)>HMS “the Perfect Match”>Proac Tablette Reference 8 Signature.

20 hours ago, soares said:

Hi Jesus,

Are you planning a wifi upgrade or something more sophisticated ( 🙂 ) around a new card as you did for the microrendu? 

Thanks,

Jorge

I think Chris is close to disclosing the new feature so I don't want to spill the beans with another clue. In case you missed the one clue...its going to be "big".

47 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Playing with it as we speak. 

Patiently waiting also... 🤗

USB>Phoenix>USB>OPPO 205 (Modded)>HMS “the Perfect Match”>Proac Tablette Reference 8 Signature.

After reading in CA so many welcoming experiences from some software tweaks related  to memory playing, I am wondering if it might be the case... resulting in  SQ improvement....

On 6/11/2019 at 9:56 AM, soares said:

After reading in CA so many welcoming experiences from some software tweaks related  to memory playing, I am wondering if it might be the case... resulting in  SQ improvement....

The Rendu series is solid state with no moving parts. The operating system already runs from an SD card which is a form of portable memory. With each Rendu in the series we have paid increasing attention on the data lines from the SD card reader. The operating system runs from memory and playback is also buffered from memory. On a memory type system, like what you propose, you loose all your on board configurations each time you reboot the system and that by itself is a no go. What we are doing for this new feature is something practical and useful. It's a fun feature that other renderers in this class, as far as I know, have not done it yet. 

Thank you for the explanation Jesus! I rest my case. No clue at all...🤪

Update notification

A couple of days ago we updated the operating system with regard to Roon / RoonReady. If you use Roon and RoonReady I would be interested to know if you hear any improvement in the sounds quality of this combination.  In order to test this out you will need to update your unit via Apps / Software Manager.

The software version I see in mine is 2.7 which states it is the latest version.

Am I missing some thing?

I have not updated recently, but did just install a new OR.

Than you

G

Main: sonicTransporter I5>etherRegen>opticalRendu/ghent/UltraCap 1.2> WireWorld Platinum>YGGY Atma-sphere MP-1 3.1> Hegel 30> Maggie 1.7, REL SE 212: Zero Autoformers, Interconnects , Analysis Plus Silver Oval-In, Nordost Heimdall, Power Cables: Synergistic./Shunyata>Chang Litespeed 

HT:Dish>OPPO>Marantz>Hegel> 3-Maggies/2-Quads>REL Gibraltar>Custom Wire loom>APS>Samsung Plasma 55"

Is this version 1.1.36?

In my system this is not as good as the SonoreUPnP bridge playback path.

However this is into my Naim NDS network player, which is designed and optimized to take an Ethernet input over being just DAC, so there is no USB input. So the RoonReady path is through a XMOS U8 USB->S/PDIF convertor and into a Digital input on the NDS. Could be worse, could be Toslink optical connection.

But, probably not what you were looking for, in terms of system testing.

However, if you are making improvements to the RoonReady, are these applicable to the SonoreUPnP bridge as well?

Thanks,

Simon

8B2CE4B6-0EF4-4F28-8E84-644E619B3255.jpeg

10 hours ago, vortecjr said:

Update notification

A couple of days ago we updated the operating system with regard to Roon / RoonReady. If you use Roon and RoonReady I would be interested to know if you hear any improvement in the sounds quality of this combination.  In order to test this out you will need to update your unit via Apps / Software Manager.

Ran the software update an hour go. Checking the update output, I could not see any reference to Roon/RoonReady, only to a GUI update. Unfortunately , I did not save that update report.

Now my urendu OS is a 2.7, and roonready is at level 1.1.36. Is this what I should see after the update ? What should we expect out of this update, if it ever occured ?

Regards,

3 hours ago, vortecjr said:

Just press update anyways.

Thank you

G

Main: sonicTransporter I5>etherRegen>opticalRendu/ghent/UltraCap 1.2> WireWorld Platinum>YGGY Atma-sphere MP-1 3.1> Hegel 30> Maggie 1.7, REL SE 212: Zero Autoformers, Interconnects , Analysis Plus Silver Oval-In, Nordost Heimdall, Power Cables: Synergistic./Shunyata>Chang Litespeed 

HT:Dish>OPPO>Marantz>Hegel> 3-Maggies/2-Quads>REL Gibraltar>Custom Wire loom>APS>Samsung Plasma 55"

6 hours ago, simon_pepper said:

Is this version 1.1.36?

In my system this is not as good as the SonoreUPnP bridge playback path.

However this is into my Naim NDS network player, which is designed and optimized to take an Ethernet input over being just DAC, so there is no USB input. So the RoonReady path is through a XMOS U8 USB->S/PDIF convertor and into a Digital input on the NDS. Could be worse, could be Toslink optical connection.

But, probably not what you were looking for, in terms of system testing.

However, if you are making improvements to the RoonReady, are these applicable to the SonoreUPnP bridge as well?

Thanks,

Simon

8B2CE4B6-0EF4-4F28-8E84-644E619B3255.jpeg

That is not what I was looking for. The SonoreUPnP bridge is not affected at all. I'm not disclosing what the update is in order to keep prying eyes honest:)

2 hours ago, André Gosselin said:

Ran the software update an hour go. Checking the update output, I could not see any reference to Roon/RoonReady, only to a GUI update. Unfortunately , I did not save that update report.

Now my urendu OS is a 2.7, and roonready is at level 1.1.36. Is this what I should see after the update ? What should we expect out of this update, if it ever occured ?

Regards,

You should be fine.

On 6/15/2019 at 11:05 PM, vortecjr said:

Update notification

No sure Jesus because I was evaluating some other components, namely a Schuman Ressonator and playing with HQP. It seems that there was a subtle improvement, but as I can’t go back it’s difficult to estimate the scale. Cheers Jorge