IGNORED

Sonicorbiter - The Operating System

10 hours ago, jvvita said:

I can see your point. But for me, as I am in a rural zone, with not a state-of-the-art internet connections (using radio and not cable connection), running from cache has its value, especially on a rainy and windy day.

Noted. Does this service allow you to download the content?

Yes and no. Qobuz allows for offline content, but is encrypted in a way that only Qobuz client has access to it. 

Today I run a Surface pro, with Qobuz windows app. When I have access to fast and reliable connection, I download my favourite songs and albums on to the app (almost 300 GB download so far).

Then I stream to UltraRendu using Linn's songcast protocol (with all its limitations). That's because the Qobuz app sees the UltraRendu in dlna but refuses to play music through it. 

30 minutes ago, simon_pepper said:

Any clues yet?

Not easy this one. It’s the OS, (so must be SW related), and it can be the Rendu’s or only the SonicTransporter’s, or both. Correct Jesus ?

I think we have to guess in the direction what what would be nice to have from a well known service, player etc. 

I think it’s not Netflix support or anything that is multichannel, unless the SonicTransporter has a HMDI interface. (I don’t think mine have, but newer once have)

So maybe something like support for:

Airplay

Chromecast (substitute)

AES67 etc....(need hardware?]

I hope to see some good suggestions from what people would like to have.

What’s missing, or what do similar products have, that Sonore and SMG hasn’t implemented yet. 

8 hours ago, jvvita said:

Yes and no. Qobuz allows for offline content, but is encrypted in a way that only Qobuz client has access to it. 

Today I run a Surface pro, with Qobuz windows app. When I have access to fast and reliable connection, I download my favourite songs and albums on to the app (almost 300 GB download so far).

Then I stream to UltraRendu using Linn's songcast protocol (with all its limitations). That's because the Qobuz app sees the UltraRendu in dlna but refuses to play music through it. 

The connection issue is on their side of things so all we can do is wait to see if they fix it. 

2 hours ago, simon_pepper said:

Any clues yet?

1 hour ago, R1200CL said:

Not easy this one. It’s the OS, (so must be SW related), and it can be the Rendu’s or only the SonicTransporter’s, or both. Correct Jesus ?

I think we have to guess in the direction what what would be nice to have from a well known service, player etc. 

I think it’s not Netflix support or anything that is multichannel, unless the SonicTransporter has a HMDI interface. (I don’t think mine have, but newer once have)

So maybe something like support for:

Airplay

Chromecast (substitute)

AES67 etc....(need hardware?]

I hope to see some good suggestions from what people would like to have.

What’s missing, or what do similar products have, that Sonore and SMG hasn’t implemented yet. 

Your cold on your guesses:)

I am becoming allergic to we won't say anything but it is great stuff coming up, let us all put pressure on someone else (this site's owner even) to reveal it. 

Ok, I admit it is probably because I got burnt when paying for LH labs Wave...

And do not be afraid, I will probably fall for the etherRegen, optical module and other uptone and sonore combinations.

4 hours ago, vortecjr said:

You are not really comparing us to that company:) 

I sure hope not.  That would be majorly insulting to Sonore.  

Sonore always delivers on its promises.  

Perhaps people don’t realize just how much time it takes to develop great products.

I’m really looking forward to putting an opticalRendu in my music system.  :)

6 hours ago, Superdad said:

I sure hope not.  That would be majorly insulting to Sonore.  

Sonore always delivers on its promises.  

Perhaps people don’t realize just how much time it takes to develop great products.

I’m really looking forward to putting an opticalRendu in my music system.  :)

My intention was to explain that I became sensitive because of LH, their behaviour caused even being too sensitive for regular, innocent enthusiasm from honourable companies I have bought several items from and probably will buy again. 

Sonore or Uptone has not  and would not behave in that way, and I hope by explaining this a little better to take away that link. Indeed, that would be an insult and that was absolutely not my intention.

58 minutes ago, simon_pepper said:

So any update on the new functionality you hinting at?

Chris is working on a review and will be the first to share his experience with the new feature. This week he has been using the feature and trying things out. Give Chris a few days...

7 hours ago, _JL_ said:

Hi There,

I also found the Spotify connect broken now - can't select any song to play, can only play the current one. I hope this can be resolved soon as it breaks half of my use cases.

It's a known issue and we are looking into it...no eta on a fix.