IGNORED

Sonicorbiter - The Operating System

On 4/23/2019 at 5:07 AM, chetthejet said:

I have a microJukebox and an ultraRendu--both running 2.7.  I updated the firmware to the most current version about two days ago.  This afternoon, the ultraRendu suddenly disappeared from the “Network Player” section of the sonicorbiter web interface.  My microJukebox is still there.  Strangely, the ultraRendu still appears as a device on my home network, and Logitech Media Server and Squeezelite still see it just fine.  No problem playing music.

I’ve tried all of the usual things several times---removed power, ethernet and USB, removed the SD card and reinserted and each time the unit comes back up, appears on my network, can play music, but does not show up on sonicorbiter.  It seems as though the problem may be with the webserver on the ultraRendu???

Let me know what you recommend I try…

Maybe you can try your browser's Incognito functionality / tab to open sonicorbiter.com?

58 minutes ago, esmit said:

Maybe you can try your browser's Incognito functionality / tab to open sonicorbiter.com?

Thanks for the suggestion, but the sonicorbiter.com webpage works just fine.  The page comes up and It displays my microJukebox under "Music Servers, but doesn't display my ultraRendu under "Network Players".  It's odd because, as I mentioned, the ultraRendu is fully visible on my home network and, as well, is visible to Squeezelite/LMS and there are no issues with playing music.  It just appears the the ultraRendu is, somehow, not announcing itself to sonicorbiter.com...

1 hour ago, chetthejet said:

Thanks for the suggestion, but the sonicorbiter.com webpage works just fine.  The page comes up and It displays my microJukebox under "Music Servers, but doesn't display my ultraRendu under "Network Players".  It's odd because, as I mentioned, the ultraRendu is fully visible on my home network and, as well, is visible to Squeezelite/LMS and there are no issues with playing music.  It just appears the the ultraRendu is, somehow, not announcing itself to sonicorbiter.com...

Ok, this helped me, when I missed both my microRendu and ultraRendu on that page, while they were working fine. I think I had this twice or three times altogether. Removing all cookies etc might help too.

Interesting additional info:  I can type the IP address of the uRendu into my browser and it brings up the uRendu's web page with full functionality.  So, the only page that's not displaying the uRendu is the sonicorbiter.com page.  I've tried multiple browsers, etc. and the uRendu will just not come up on the sonicorbiter page.

Good idea, but I checked and my computer, uRendu, and microJukebox are all on 192.168.1.xxx.  Both the uRendu and microJukebox are on fixed, IP-reserved addresses on my router, so their IP addresses do not fluctuate.

I'm going to try and check in with Andrew G. on this tomorrow morning....maybe do a remote session.

7 hours ago, chetthejet said:

Good idea, but I checked and my computer, uRendu, and microJukebox are all on 192.168.1.xxx.  Both the uRendu and microJukebox are on fixed, IP-reserved addresses on my router, so their IP addresses do not fluctuate.

I'm going to try and check in with Andrew G. on this tomorrow morning....maybe do a remote session.

Do you have two devices assigning IP addresses? If not, then there is likely some kind of fire wall preventing the unit from talking to the internet and reporting back to base camp. 

3 hours ago, vortecjr said:

Do you have two devices assigning IP addresses? If not, then there is likely some kind of fire wall preventing the unit from talking to the internet and reporting back to base camp. 

Wouldn't the firewall then prevent the microJukebox from communicating, too?  Because it's showing up just fine. 

And, while stuff happens, I'm definitely not aware than anything at all had changed with my network in the few hours between when the uRendu was appearing on Sonicorbiter and when it disappeared.

6 hours ago, chetthejet said:

Wouldn't the firewall then prevent the microJukebox from communicating, too?  Because it's showing up just fine. 

And, while stuff happens, I'm definitely not aware than anything at all had changed with my network in the few hours between when the uRendu was appearing on Sonicorbiter and when it disappeared.

Depends on the connection scheme. I'm just sharing things I have seen in the past. What you can try is a new SD card available from our website.

https://www.sonore.us/SonicorbiterOS.html

16 minutes ago, chetthejet said:

Much appreciated Jesus.  I've gone ahead and ordered the SD card...if I can synch up with Andrew then, even if a corrupted card's not the issue, at least I'll have a back-up in the event some other fault occurs.

Okay...keep me posted. 

• 2 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, vortecjr said:

You guys might want to keep any eye out for something "big" that we are working on. I can't spill the beans on it yet though:)

it has to be a SonicOrbiter for the SurfaceOrbiter...

dobbertinhydrocar-com Surface Orbiter.jpg

No need to go this far. There are other (less expensive) solutions such as BubbleUpnp. 

But the thing is I want to play from the downloaded cache. Quality is better than of streaming. And, AFIK, Room does not access the Qobuz cache. 

5 hours ago, jvvita said:

No need to go this far. There are other (less expensive) solutions such as BubbleUpnp. 

But the thing is I want to play from the downloaded cache. Quality is better than of streaming. And, AFIK, Room does not access the Qobuz cache. 

This is not meant to start an argument, but I'm not sure the cache sound quality argument is valid because we are talking about bit perfect streams. The unit also buffers the stream so it's playing from memory as is typical to avoid xruns.