IGNORED

I cannot believe people recommend Audirvana

kifi

Its awful. I select a song in the play queue, however it proceeds to restart the song I was already listening to.

Another fundamental problem is, halfway through a song it randomly skips to a different track.

Is it me or has anybody else had a torrid time with it?

Same here, A+ works flawlessly 98% of the time, and I know many other happy users.

+1

LOUNGE: Mac Mini - Audirvana - Devialet 200 - ATOHM GT1 Speakers

OFFICE : Mac Mini - Audirvana - Benchmark DAC1HDR - ADAM A7 Active Monitors

TRAVEL : MacBook Air - Dragonfly V1.2 DAC - Sennheiser HD 650

BEACH : iPhone 6 - HRT iStreamer DAC - Akimate Micro + powered speakers

Audirvana is excellent - works flawlessly most of the time. It's you.

Tidal / Qobuz--> Roon--> Fios Gigabit--> Netgear Prosafe GS105 --> Supra 8-->EtherRegen --> Fiber--> opticalRendu / CI Audio LPS --> Curious Evolved Link --> Chord Qutest--> AQ Water --> Belles Aria Integrated--> AQ Robin Hood--> Kudos Super 20's

Its awful. I select a song in the play queue, however it proceeds to restart the song I was already listening to.

Another fundamental problem is, halfway through a song it randomly skips to a different track.

Far and away the majority of users are satisfied. It could easily be something unique to your set up and implementation. Plenty of people here willing to help you sort that out. Give it a chance before you give up.

I have had absolutely no problems with Aurdirvana, through multiple versions. You must be having system problem. What are you running it on?

Audirvana 2 has made me a believer in computer audio as a credible source, next to my physical media. Minor glitches every now and then, but always improving in both functionality and sound. IZoTope is the difference, IME in a different league from both Pure Music and Amarra, both of which I also tried and was never convinced in the same way as with A+, in terms of both SQ and usability.

Still a vinyl man, but A+ has me archiving my CD collection and rarely listening to originals.

Late 2012 Mac Mini > Audirvana+3 > iFi Zen Stream > Heimdall 2 USB >  iFi iDSD Micro BL > Pass Labs INT-30A > DeVore The Nines! + REL Strata III

Well-Tempered Amadeus Benz ACE SL > Pass Labs XOno

"Water is the most critical resource issue of our lifetime and our children's lifetime. The health of our waters is the principal measure of how we live on the land." - Luna Leopold

I have problems with Audirvana when playing music which is stored on a NAS. Quite often playback cant even start or it stops randomly etc. When playing Qobuz and wanting to switch to local music, Audirvana crashes 100% of the time.

I call this early beta stage.

Besides that I see very good potential and lots of features I would like.

I have problems with Audirvana when playing music which is stored on a NAS. Quite often playback cant even start or it stops randomly etc. When playing Qobuz and wanting to switch to local music, Audirvana crashes 100% of the time.

I call this early beta stage.

Besides that I see very good potential and lots of features I would like.

I'm not sure that calling something early beta stage because of individual problems in a few isolated cases where most other users report very stable operation for years now is appropriate.

I switch between A+ and Qobuz all the time without issues.

I am not switching between A+ and Qobuz. I switch in A+ between the Qobuz implementation and Music stored on a NAS.

I would love that it works flawless, but it doesnt.

For me (only me) that program behaves like software in an early beta stage. Thats all. And I call it like that.

I do not use A+, but I can say, that the definition of rock stable software and the expectation really differ from person to person. There are some (maybe very good sounding) programs out there, but indeed not rock stable and more like beta.

When I read:

...works flawlessly most of the time...

...Minor glitches every now and then...

...works flawlessly 98% of the time...

it is not what I expect from an application.

I do not use A+, but I can say, that the definition of rock stable software and the expectation really differ from person to person. There are some (maybe very good sounding) programs out there, but indeed not rock stable and more like beta.

When I read:

...works flawlessly most of the time...

...Minor glitches every now and then...

...works flawlessly 98% of the time...

it is not what I expect from an application.

Then give me an example of a software you'd consider final and rock stable.

Being an Excel 2010 heavy user at work, it crashes on me about once every two weeks. That's worse in terms of stability than what I get from A+, although we talk about a software that has been on the market for 20+ years, by a worldwide software giant, and is operated on Windows 7, supposedly one of the most stable OS Microsoft has released in a long time.

Compared to a piece of software started ~2 years ago as freeware by a one man show with a day job.

I find when we switch from the specific to the general it seldom results in helpful information.

Perhaps we can concentrate specifically on anything that will help the OP to use A+ in a more trouble-free manner, though of course if he no longer wishes to use the program that is his choice to make.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Are you able to get reliable playback from you NAS using iTunes or any other playback software?

What version of OS X are you using?

What protocol are you using to network-mount the NAS music partition? (eg: smb, afp, nfs, sshfs, etc). Recent versions of OS X have a problem with smb, which I am guessing is the source of your problem.

I do not have any of the problems you are encountering, which leads me to believe it is something about your setup that is casing the issues.

Are you using a dedicated music server, or using A+ on a computer you use for other things? It is the only playback application on your computer? (A+ and Amara for instance, do *not* seem to get along...)

There are dozens of reasons you might be seeing this behavior, but I would suggest looking at the hardware/software configuration on the machine, and if possible, setup up A+ on a machine used for nothing but music. Actually, I think that is good advice for any playback application on any platform. :)

-Paul

Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat DAC.

Robert A. Heinlein

I dont use Itunes.

I use smb.

I use the latest OS X.

I deleted Amarra time ago from the Computer.

I use Jriver. There is no problem connecting to the NAS.

I use Roon, Dirac and HQPlayer. No problem there neither.

I am aware that there are numerous possibilities for my problem with A+ and my NAS.

Basically I decided to wait for the next version of A+ to try again.