IGNORED

I cannot believe people recommend Audirvana

kifi

Its awful. I select a song in the play queue, however it proceeds to restart the song I was already listening to.

Another fundamental problem is, halfway through a song it randomly skips to a different track.

Is it me or has anybody else had a torrid time with it?

If you think about this logically, there would be no way A+ would have the following that it does if it generally had these problems you describe. Therefore, have you given any thought to, here or elsewhere, describing your setup and issues in detail, and asked anyone (including Damien) to troubleshoot? That is where I would start.

Also, I am the 27th post and we haven't heard from you yet. Let us know more info please.

I tend to think my problem has to do with the spinning up of the HDs in the NAS. There's when A+ crashes.

Maybe thats part of the problem.

I think there's a way to increase the time before A+ requires feedback from the chosen music library, but I'd have to look back at the most recent main A+ thread to try to find it, and I'm not able to do that right now - my apologies. If you care to use the forum advanced search (choose to get your results as posts not threads), you might find posts from Damien relevant to this - perhaps look for his username and the term NAS.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

I tend to think my problem has to do with the spinning up of the HDs in the NAS. There's when A+ crashes.

Maybe thats part of the problem.

Time to change the title of the thread then as A+ may not be the culprit. I do hope you figure this out and it seems you're 1 step closer.

@Jud: I could not find the post...

I did not choose the thread title. I consider it to be unlucky too.

I consider A+ a very valuable addition to my audio software "arsenal".

I added it basically because of the Qobuz integration and to be able to use Qobuz with Dirac.

This feature works to my satisfaction.

Still, crashes of A+ when switching to Music on my Nas are a fact. Other software is not showing this kind of behaviour.

I am simply very much interested in solving this problem for me. Its kind of "unpractical" if you have to restart your whole set up again when switching sources.

@wgscott

I will try sshfs. NFS and AFP didnt show any improvements.

Time is a valuable commodity for me. I dont want to mutate into an A+ betatester. I am not firm in the Apple network world.

All my main setups are in the Windows and a small part in the Linux World.

If A+ works with a reasonable effort it shall be done, if not: rest in peace.

Su horrible. Selecciono una canción en la cola de reproducción, sin embargo se procede a reiniciar la canción ya estaba escuchando. Otro problema fundamental es, a medio camino a través de una canción que se salta al azar a una pista diferente. ¿Soy yo o tiene cualquier otra persona tenía un tiempo tórrido con ella? [/ quote]

0 problems

@wgscott

I will try sshfs. NFS and AFP didnt show any improvements.

Time is a valuable commodity for me. I dont want to mutate into an A+ betatester. I am not firm in the Apple network world.

All my main setups are in the Windows and a small part in the Linux World.

If A+ works with a reasonable effort it shall be done, if not: rest in peace.

But everyone else here has copious spare time on their hands and nothing better to do than to try to help you out.

Good luck.

It works fine for me, doing the same thing as you are doing, using either sshfs, NFS, or AFP, and the NAS I am using is 15 miles away in my office, and there is a slow wireless connection to my laptop in my bedroom. If Audirvana works for me, it should work for you.

Also, you may find it works better if you don't spin down your drives on the NAS.

The problem isn't with Audirvana. It isn't a beta product, and by libeling it, you are just pissing off people who are trying to help you out.

Same here, A+ works flawlessly 98% of the time, and I know many other happy users.

+1 but I've noticed that it's stability depends on my setup.

On my dedicated old MacBookPro, it is very stable and and I used it to playback DSD. No problems.

On my newer work MBP, I'm using a USB powered DAC/Amp (from Fostex) and my music is on an external HDD connected via Thunderbolt. Often the MBP will not recognize the Fostex DAC or temporarily drop it and it confuses the hell out of Audirvana.

Let every eye ear negotiate for itself and trust no agent. (Shakespeare)

The things that we love tell us what we are. (Aquinas)

For me A+ gives me the ability to use my mac mini as an audiophile quality digital source, yes there is obviously more to the setup, cables, USB cleanup, DAC, speakers, etc.... But to me A+ is as important as the other components in my system.

I have tried the other main players and to my ears this software sounds the best, period.

In an ideal world if it had the same slick 'Roon' interface as well, I would probably be in 'Audirvana!'

At times I do notice intermittent issues with A+ when playing music and browsing libraries (mostly the tidal one) where the mac can get stuck, or the album artwork takes considerable time to load. But these are minor gripes and I am confident that the developer (I believe who is called Damian) will work towards constant improvement.

I am yet to try the up sampling to DSD as my DAC is not DSD capable, but one day I hope to as from other threads on this forum the sound improves even further!

I suggest to the original poster that you take some time to solve your issue as you will be rewarded with fantastic sounding music if you persevere....

as Paul R said- i have NO/ZERO/NIL problems with A+ what I love is its total integration with my TIDAL/Qobuz and iTunes library-all at my finger tips and SQ is great-I haven't even scratched surface of all the variations for 'improving' SQ with A+

• 2 weeks later...
After a weekend with Apple and Networks, I freed myself from all Apple products.

Apple and Network Audio is not meant for me. This is more plug and pray than Windows 15 years ago.

Its not an Audirvana problem. Its an Apple thing.

Sent from my Pixel C using Computer Audiophile mobile app

You do seem to make a habit of jumping to conclusions and blaming perfectly good software and hardware for your problems. I hope you find what you are looking for someday.

-Paul

Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat DAC.

Robert A. Heinlein

Hello Paul

I dont blame Audirvana or any other fine product. That would be a real wrong impression.

I blame myself in my inability to get along with Apple Computers and their network implementation. Many Users are just fine with that. I am not.