IGNORED

SACD Ripping using an Oppo or Pioneer? Yes, it's true!

ted_b

Still no luck. I'm using my Mac to unzip and copy to the stick, but I can't imagine that has anything to do with it.

Then use the mac & tmtomh's mac guide?

macmini M1>ethernet / elgar iso tran(2.5kVa, .0005pfd)>consonance pw-3 boards>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360)>etherRegen(js-2)>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360) >ultraRendu (clones lpsu>lps1.2)>curious regen link>rme adi-2 dac(js-2)>cawsey cables>naquadria sp2 passive pre> 1.naquadria lucien mkII.5 power>elac fs249be + elac 4pi plus.2> 2.perreaux9000b(mods)>2x naquadria 12” passive subs.

Unfortunately, my OPPO 105 doesn't open the tray after I insert the USB stick (FAT32) with the three files.

You need to copy the folder called autoscript with the 3 files inside onto the root of the USB stick.

I tried it with just the 3 files first , and it didnt work , then dropped over the folder , and it worked.

Is this you issue maybe ?

Ripping venture under way - as per tmtomh mac guide, with no obstacles encountered. Thanks.

Except that it is WAY slow ... less than .1 m/sec! Didn't do the SIP disable/ re-enable. Using wifi I suppose is cause; both Oppo 105 & macmini are a distance from the router.

Is there a method of connecting Oppo & mac by ethernet directly, which might speed up the transfer? Yeh, I dunno this stuff.

BTW, any suggestions re ultra slow rip rate? It did complete though ... eventually.

macmini M1>ethernet / elgar iso tran(2.5kVa, .0005pfd)>consonance pw-3 boards>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360)>etherRegen(js-2)>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360) >ultraRendu (clones lpsu>lps1.2)>curious regen link>rme adi-2 dac(js-2)>cawsey cables>naquadria sp2 passive pre> 1.naquadria lucien mkII.5 power>elac fs249be + elac 4pi plus.2> 2.perreaux9000b(mods)>2x naquadria 12” passive subs.

Then use the mac & tmtomh's mac guide?

You need to copy the folder called autoscript with the 3 files inside onto the root of the USB stick.

I tried it with just the 3 files first , and it didnt work , then dropped over the folder , and it worked.

Is this you issue maybe ?

Did you format the USB stick as FAT32?

Everything done by the book. Will try again tonight.

This is great news!!!! Finally I can get rid of that old, unreliable PS3 hot furnace.

Will it work with my older Cambridge 650BD?

I know it has Mediatek chipset, but probably not the same version as the current ones?

Macbook Pro/MacMini/dCS Debussy/Cambridge 650BD[br]Vitus Audio SS-010/Living Voice OBX-R2 Speakers/Ultrasone Edition 8 phones[br]Airport Express/Meridian AD88[br]

Wow just saw this thread. Great news!! I've been looking for an old PS3 for some time with no luck so this sounds great.

It looks like I can buy a Pioneer BDP160 (new) locally in Oz, i assume that this process works ok with Maldur's files. Before I buy it, can anyone confirm?

My PC is dual boot Win10 Linux, I know that extraction works with Win10 but how about Linux? The more I use Linux the more I hate Windows but unfortunately there are some tasks that are still best done in Windows.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Computer Audiophile mobile app

Yes, the OPPO shows the "USB IN" message. I have used the stick witht the OPPO in the past. Furthermore, I tried it with several sticks. Always the same outcome: The sticks are recognized, but the tray doesn't open automatically.

I will try tonight if the rip also starts after manually opening the tray, inserting a SACD and then closing it.

FYI

This Oppo/Pioneer SACD ripping method is also perfect in the sense that it can create playable iso rip off certain ultra-rare non-encrypted SACD's like Guano Apes: Don't Give Me Names. Standard PS3 sacd-ripper cannot do that.

Yes, the OPPO shows the "USB IN" message. I have used the stick witht the OPPO in the past. Furthermore, I tried it with several sticks. Always the same outcome: The sticks are recognized, but the tray doesn't open automatically.

I will try tonight if the rip also starts after manually opening the tray, inserting a SACD and then closing it.

Did you double check if you are using the AutoScript folder developed for players like Oppo 10X and not for Pioneer? Btw, what is the firmware version of your player and which model (US, EU, AU, RU) do you own?

It looks like I can buy a Pioneer BDP160 (new) locally in Oz, i assume that this process works ok with Maldur's files. Before I buy it, can anyone confirm?

My PC is dual boot Win10 Linux, I know that extraction works with Win10 but how about Linux?

I can confirm that process is works on BDP-160.

I can confirm that process is works on Linux (Ubuntu Server 14.04 64bit)

See proof: link (ubuntu) + link (Pio)

Here's to the people having problems with players that are supposed to work:

It is vital that the USB stick is partitioned similarily as a HD, with (at least) the first primary partition as FAT(32).

It won't work if your stick is formatted as a floppy with no MBR.

So repartition your stick (easy with Linux, for windows i recommend something as Bootice 1.332, as windows itself sometimes lies about whether or not a MBR exists on a USB stick).

So download Bootice, run it, select your stick, select 'Parts Manage', then 'Re-Partitioning', then 'USB-HDD mode (Single Partition)", FAT32, and click 'OK'. Afterwards copy the AutoScript Folder onto the stick, and you should be fine.

That did work for me (on an Azur 752BD) , as before i had troubles myself getting it to work (USB stick has been without partitions and MBR)

Good luck and fun ripping..

Wow, now it works with my Azur 752BD like an angel! After I don't know how many futile efforts, I was going to give up. I didn't know what else to do. Everything seemed to be like it should. But one trick solved the problem. I turned off the option my network from the player, and that was it.

The PC don't see the player now, but it works. There has been instructions, that the PC must see the player, but at least in my case, it is not necessary. If my network is on, it chooses automatically, not only the IP address, but also the port, which is different that the ISO2DSD uses and server doesn't find the player.

Silly, maybe, as I don't know anything about networks, but hope this helps some . . .

Here's to the people having problems with players that are supposed to work:

It is vital that the USB stick is partitioned similarily as a HD, with (at least) the first primary partition as FAT(32).

It won't work if your stick is formatted as a floppy with no MBR.

So repartition your stick (easy with Linux, for windows i recommend something as Bootice 1.332, as windows itself sometimes lies about whether or not a MBR exists on a USB stick).

So download Bootice, run it, select your stick, select 'Parts Manage', then 'Re-Partitioning', then 'USB-HDD mode (Single Partition)", FAT32, and click 'OK'. Afterwards copy the AutoScript Folder onto the stick, and you should be fine.

That did work for me (on an Azur 752BD) , as before i had troubles myself getting it to work (USB stick has been without partitions and MBR)

Good luck and fun ripping..

Great post!

One quick question, to be sure we're all on the same page: You're saying you successfully ripped an SACD from your Azur 752BD? Apologies if this was answered earlier and I missed it, but the last I recall, only the Oppo 103/105 and Pioneer 160/170 had been confirmed to work.

Thanks for any clarification/confirmation you can provide!

Great post!

One quick question, to be sure we're all on the same page: You're saying you successfully ripped an SACD from your Azur 752BD? Apologies if this was answered earlier and I missed it, but the last I recall, only the Oppo 103/105 and Pioneer 160/170 had been confirmed to work.

Thanks for any clarification/confirmation you can provide!

Yes, I am ripping now SACDs with my Azur 752BD and it works fine!