IGNORED

SACD Ripping using an Oppo or Pioneer? Yes, it's true!

ted_b

ted_b, you can safely remove (for now) BDP-180 from list of compatible player's.

I'll try to get one 180 for testing and see if this works out.

Unfortunately, this forum engine has an edit time-out, so my first post (and most others) are no longer editable. In hindsight I should have made this an article.

Guest winopener
It depends... If you need hardware only for ripping SACD then 170 is good choise for now. It's confirmed in this topic that sacd_extract daemon is working on BDP-170.

But if you want more versatile device - maybe it's better to wait until someone will find a way to starts daemon on BDP-180. Thing is for BDP-180 is available alternative firmware from chinese guys (untested yet). They promised bd.iso/sacd-r/sacd.iso/nfs/multiregion/cue/no_cinavia. But it's unclear yet if this firmware works with no trouble.

Thanks for the information, hope the new firmware can do the sacd dump, that's the main interest for the player.

This makes no sense. The copy of the disc should be bit-perfect whether ripping from *PS3 or 103D or any other transport. I would suggest placebo effect or confirmation bias is at play. Try a null test using the two rips to confirm what you're hearing is real and not imagined.

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Audiophile

I just did a binary file compare of two ISOs, one just ripped using my Oppo BDP-105 and another done with PS3 nearly 4 years ago of the same SACD. The two files are identical, which is what I expected.

Success with Oppo BDP-105D!

I used Windows 10, so used Kal's steps. It all worked smoothly.

Some notes:

• I compared the ISO I generated to a prior PS3 rip. It was exactly the same size, and the same MD5 hash code.
  • BTW, if you want a native Windows 10 way to compute the MD5 on a file, use the following:
    • certutil -hashfile <your-file> MD5

[*]Conversion rate started slow, but ended at 3.06 MB/s

[*]I did have a warning about properties not being copied when I dragged the AutoScript folder over to the USB drive.

• I eventually just started a cmd window in Admin mode, and did the following:
      • Create a dir called AutoScript on the USB drive
      • used Windows "copy" cmd to copy the 3 files over to the folder

[*]Not sure what the properties warning was, but using the above, it worked perfectly

Neat little tip for the Oppo 103 (and I assume the other Oppos).

If you go to Setup Menu -> Device Setup -> Standby Mode and set it to "Quick Start", there is no need to reinsert the USB drive every time you turn on the Oppo. I guess it goes into a sleep mode much like a laptop should and the sacd_extract process will still be running when it starts back up.

The only time you would need to reinsert the USB stick would be if it lost power.

I have ripped my first SACD to DSF files. Very exciting ! But I am having playback problems. I use Jriver-V21 on a Media Server connected to a Yamaha RX-A3040 via HDMI. How can I get Jriver-V21 to play them natively to my Yamaha RX-A3040. The Yamaha can recieve and process DSD bitstreams as I have done so via the OPPO 105 with no issues. I have Jriver set to bitstream DSD in Jriver and keep getting a message that states "Playback could not be started on the output WASAPI using the format DoP 2.8Mhz 2ch" I have tried every setting I can find and it will not play them back nativley. It will play them by letting Jriver do a PCM conversion first. Any ideas on this ?

I have ripped my first SACD to DSF files. Very exciting ! But I am having playback problems. I use Jriver-V21 on a Media Server connected to a Yamaha RX-A3040 via HDMI. How can I get Jriver-V21 to play them natively to my Yamaha RX-A3040. The Yamaha can recieve and process DSD bitstreams as I have done so via the OPPO 105 with no issues. I have Jriver set to bitstream DSD in Jriver and keep getting a message that states "Playback could not be started on the output WASAPI using the format DoP 2.8Mhz 2ch" I have tried every setting I can find and it will not play them back nativley. It will play them by letting Jriver do a PCM conversion first. Any ideas on this ?

Unfortunately, HDMI drivers on PCs do not support native DSD file formats. This has been discussed several times on the JRiver forum. Receivers are set up to get DSD directly from SACD players, which can send native DSD format, not from PCs.

Ripping venture under way - as per tmtomh mac guide, with no obstacles encountered. Thanks.

Except that it is WAY slow ... less than .1 m/sec! Didn't do the SIP disable/ re-enable. Using wifi I suppose is cause; both Oppo 105 & macmini are a distance from the router.

Is there a method of connecting Oppo & mac by ethernet directly, which might speed up the transfer? Yeh, I dunno this stuff.

macmini M1>ethernet / elgar iso tran(2.5kVa, .0005pfd)>consonance pw-3 boards>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360)>etherRegen(js-2)>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360) >ultraRendu (clones lpsu>lps1.2)>curious regen link>rme adi-2 dac(js-2)>cawsey cables>naquadria sp2 passive pre> 1.naquadria lucien mkII.5 power>elac fs249be + elac 4pi plus.2> 2.perreaux9000b(mods)>2x naquadria 12” passive subs.

Unfortunately, HDMI drivers on PCs do not support native DSD file formats. This has been discussed several times on the JRiver forum. Receivers are set up to get DSD directly from SACD players, which can send native DSD format, not from PCs.

Thanks for the info, I guess I will let Jriver do the PCM conversion and enjoy the music, It sounds great so far.

My Mac does not see the Oppo either. I can't say for sure what's going on with your system, but the fact that you can't see the Oppo in your network/shared device list on your Mac does not mean you can't rip SACDs with it.

Finally got this working. Thanks again for the links and the step by step and thanks to Ted for bringing this to our attention.

Problems to boot from USB stick with Cambridge 752BD (not cxu), any suggestions? There is three files in AutoScript folder: Autoscript, AutoScript.TSS and sacd_exract, which two are necessary?

I have the same problem with 752BD. It recognizes the Autoscript, I think, as the tray of the player opens. The PC sees the player, but the ISO2DSD doesn't work althought the IP address is right. Any ideas anyone, please?

I have the same problem with 752BD. It recognizes the Autoscript, I think, as the tray of the player opens. The PC sees the player, but the ISO2DSD doesn't work althought the IP address is right. Any ideas anyone, please?

Add to the IP address after colon 2002 (xxx.xxx.x.xx:2002)

It's wonderful to see all these new SACD ripping successes. I thought I would remind folks of some SACD ripping tips:

* here's a major one: http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f11-software/sacd-ripping-using-your-ps3-part-2-a-7495/index99.html#post492092

Net/net, make sure, especially when ripping classical titles you own, that your target folder is not nested deep into Windows directories or the final path name (directory/folder/subfolder/filename) might get too long for Windows and crash/blow up. If possible, make your target working folder a root folder (i.e. directly under C or whatever) and rename your ISO if it extracts to a very long name.

* The two best ISO to DSF tools are Jesus's Sonore GUI tool (that many of you are already familiar with cuz you are using it in the actual ripping process) and Bogi's auto-context (i.e right click in Windows Explorer) ISO2DSF that uses Jussi's DFF2DSF conversion utility.

Sonore APPS - ISO2DSD

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f11-software/how-do-you-store-dff-untagged-files-21780/index8.html#post368551