IGNORED

SACD Ripping using an Oppo or Pioneer? Yes, it's true!

ted_b

BTW. this method of extraction is out now more than half year. See yourself - https://www.dropbox.com/s/1yl8cffq273ebah/SACD-extract-BDP160.zip?dl=0

Person behind this is from Ukraine, Kiev, i belive.

Yes, grill was onto it at the start of the year, on another forum.

macmini M1>ethernet / elgar iso tran(2.5kVa, .0005pfd)>consonance pw-3 boards>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360)>etherRegen(js-2)>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360) >ultraRendu (clones lpsu>lps1.2)>curious regen link>rme adi-2 dac(js-2)>cawsey cables>naquadria sp2 passive pre> 1.naquadria lucien mkII.5 power>elac fs249be + elac 4pi plus.2> 2.perreaux9000b(mods)>2x naquadria 12” passive subs.

BTW. this method of extraction is out now more than half year. See yourself - https://www.dropbox.com/s/1yl8cffq273ebah/SACD-extract-BDP160.zip?dl=0

Person behind this is from Ukraine, Kiev, i belive.

Sorry, but I never said I invented it. I said I would make it available to CA users.

Today I could borrow a new Pioneer BDP-180-s from a dealer. I did the setup for a Mac as described by JediJoker.

It did NOT work.

For the network connection I tried both ethernet and wireless. Running Lanscan on the Mac shows the Pioneer. Network connection test on the Pioneer is OK. In the Source menu of the Pioneer other items from my network are shown, so there is some sort of connection.

However, the Pioneer is not visible in the network on the Mac nor can the iso2dsd gui connect to the Pioneer.

Insertion of the USB stick with the Autoscript folder in the root does not cause the tray to eject.

According to the first post a Pioneer BDP-180 should do. Is the BDP-180-s different?

Maybe someone can help me here :-)

P.S. I just found out that the 's' in BDP-180-s means the color 'silver'

Since you use a Mac, are you sure the USB thumb drive wasn't formatted for the Mac? I would assume it needs to be FAT-32. Just something to check.

Today I could borrow a new Pioneer BDP-180-s from a dealer. I did the setup for a Mac as described by JediJoker.

It did NOT work.

For the network connection I tried both ethernet and wireless. Running Lanscan on the Mac shows the Pioneer. Network connection test on the Pioneer is OK. In the Source menu of the Pioneer other items from my network are shown, so there is some sort of connection.

However, the Pioneer is not visible in the network on the Mac nor can the iso2dsd gui connect to the Pioneer.

Insertion of the USB stick with the Autoscript folder in the root does not cause the tray to eject.

According to the first post a Pioneer BDP-180 should do. Is the BDP-180-s different?

Maybe someone can help me here :-)

On BDP-170 tray does eject so it probably works but don't have any SACD's to test with

Tray ejects on the Oppo BDP-93 but the telnet server doesn't start (I really didn't expect anything to happen) so I wouldn't say that is a good indicator.

I've invited another experienced Mediatek ripping user to join us and help out. He also showed me how we can run sacd_extract manually from the telnet console, and watch the ripping process. For example, you can add some memory/buffer to the Pioneers like the 160, which are woefully low for good ISO extraction. I will summarize in another post (unless he does).

Hope I'm not cluttering up the thread, but is anyone getting the player's drawer to eject BUT unable to actually do the SACD rip?

I ask because so far it seems like if the USB key procedure gets the player's drawer to eject, then the rip works.

If I am wrong, please let me know. But if I am right, then we could eliminate telnet from this entirely, because it would not only be unnecessary to do the actual rip, but it also would be unnecessary to use even to tell ahead of time if the machine is compatible with this rip method. You could just stick the USB key in the player and see if it trigged the drawer eject.

I ask because so far it seems like if the USB key procedure gets the player's drawer to eject, then the rip works.

Not exactly true. This only means that player is capable to run Autoscript commands from USB key. But if the drawer is ejected - it's the good news: if this happens - we can try to run telnet and see what is going on inside of player's operation system in case of problems with ripping.

If I am wrong, please let me know. But if I am right, then we could eliminate telnet from this entirely, because it would not only be unnecessary to do the actual rip, but it also would be unnecessary to use even to tell ahead of time if the machine is compatible with this rip method. You could just stick the USB key in the player and see if it trigged the drawer eject.

If rip method is working you don't need to run telnet, that is correct. Telnet needed only for debugging actually.

Guest winopener
I bought a new BDP-180 with firmware version V01.02, same nothing happen after insert the USB! Sad :(

Same situation with a 1.04 firmware.

For the BD-180 what firmware revision are known to work?

Are there 2 different AutoScript file for Oppo & Pioneer? grill has stated the md5 hash for the file AutoScript, then Maldur has mentioned about another .zip file, which actually has ' the text 160' in the file name. I downloaded both zip, and run md5 on the 2 different AutoScript files, and the md5 hash are different.

I do not have an Oppo or the Pioneer yet, so cannot check myself, am waiting for the outcome to decide which one to buy ... well, the Pioneer BDP-160 is cheaper ...

Or you can run BootCamp on your Mac. ;-)

Or VirtualBox from within macOS itself.

Dedicated Line DSD/DXD | Audirvana+ | iFi iDSD Nano | SET Tube Amp | Totem Mites

Surround: VLC | M-Audio FastTrack Pro | Mac Opt | Panasonic SA-HE100 | Logitech Z623

DIY: SET Tube Amp | Low-Noise Linear Regulated Power Supply | USB, Power, Speaker Cables | Speaker Stands | Acoustic Panels

1. Oppo 103/105

2. Cambridge Audio 752bd/cxu

3. Pioneer bdp-lx58/88 or MT8560 (like Pioneer BDP-160/170 and 180)

Is the list complete or could we find additional brands/models?

I'm a bit disappointed that the newest Ultra-HD Blu-Ray players don't read SACDs. Hopefully one of those above can be found at an affordable price.

Dedicated Line DSD/DXD | Audirvana+ | iFi iDSD Nano | SET Tube Amp | Totem Mites

Surround: VLC | M-Audio FastTrack Pro | Mac Opt | Panasonic SA-HE100 | Logitech Z623

DIY: SET Tube Amp | Low-Noise Linear Regulated Power Supply | USB, Power, Speaker Cables | Speaker Stands | Acoustic Panels

I'm a bit disappointed that the newest Ultra-HD Blu-Ray players don't read SACDs. Hopefully one of those above can be found at an affordable price.

No idea if the list is complete, and that is why I asked on my post for others to chime in if they found another one. However, given the degree to which the early adopters have tested this, I gotta assume they are not many others with these chipsets.

Are there 2 different AutoScript file for Oppo & Pioneer? grill has stated the md5 hash for the file AutoScript, then Maldur has mentioned about another .zip file, which actually has ' the text 160' in the file name. I downloaded both zip, and run md5 on the 2 different AutoScript files, and the md5 hash are different.

I do not have an Oppo or the Pioneer yet, so cannot check myself, am waiting for the outcome to decide which one to buy ... well, the Pioneer BDP-160 is cheaper ...

Just found one SACD to test with and BDP-170 seems to only work with Autoscript folder from Maldur's package. I'll try again with other package once current rip finishes

That was my motivation for my post #10 on page 1.

Indeed. All three listed players have SA-CD functionality and both Sony players are 100-base-T ethernet aware.

Yes, as I mentioned earlier, there are customizations out there. So here goes: There are at least three different Autoscripts:

* the one I originally linked (and seems to be working fine for some CA Oppo users, for example) is the one for automatic sacd_extract execution. It's contents looks like this:

#MTKAT 0.xx script

CLI(CLI_exec cp /mnt/sda1/AutoScript/sacd_extract /)

CLI(CLI_exec /sacd_extract -S &)

CLI(CLI_drv.ir.rx.sq 0xaf000)

* below is a similar Autoscript with extra buffering for the BDP-160 (see my dropbox link below or Maldur's post and follow instructions)

#MTKAT 0.xx script

CLI(CLI_exec cp /mnt/sda1/AutoScript/sacd_extract_160 /)

CLI(CLI_exec insmod /lib/modules/2.6.35/BDP/splitter.ko)

CLI(CLI_exec /sacd_extract_160 -S &)

CLI(CLI_drv.ir.rx.sq 0xaf000)

* there is another for the manual telnet sacd_extraction and requires command line execution, but allows one to watch via telnet, and add buffering manually. It's content looks like this:

#MTKAT 0.xx script

CLI(CLI_exec echo root::0:0:root,,,:/root:/bin/sh >/etc/passwd)

CLI(CLI_exec /usr/sbin/telnetd &)

SLEEPMS(3000)

CLI(CLI_app.vfdmg.b clear_msg)

CLI(CLI_app.vfdmg.b scroll_msg start)

SLEEPMS(5000)

This is how it looks with BDP-160:

– extract to a root of clean USB stick AutoScript folder for the 160 from my dropbox

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gnpma48ceil80w5/AABdmZyVGf8PTo5mq3kRLIEOa?dl=0

and rename it to AutoScriptSACD

– extract to a root of the same USB stick the telnet AutoScript folder from my dropbox

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/eu48sjfmrgtxdan/AAB1Q8x6vRWMQAt1egXOevYQa?dl=0

– after this USB stick should contains 2 folder AutoScript and AutoScriptSACD

– Power On blu-ray/SACD player, wait until it boots up and insert prepared USB stick

– when scrolling text ABCDEFGHIJK will appear on the display – you can connect to the player over telnet (with Putty for example)

– when login window will appear – type ‘root’ and press Enter

type ‘cd /mnt/sda1/AutoScriptSACD’ and press Enter

type ‘ls’ and press Enter to see if sacd_extract_160 present in folder

insert line ‘insmod /lib/modules/2.6.35/BDP/splitter.ko’ and press Enter (this needed only with blu-ray players with small amount of RAM, like bdp-160)

– type ‘./sacd_extract_160 -S &’ and press enter

– if you have kernel 2.6.35 we will see something like this:

wGEMNcb.png

– now we can start ‘sacd.cmd’ in Windows and ripping process will begin

4jvolKG.png

Anyone done a rip with a Pioneer BDP-170 and the Windows extractor ?

I have an Oppo BDP-95, wrong Mediatek chip, and the Windows extractor cannot connect to the player, tries three times and crashes.

Just finished one successfully but with the package from Maldur's post, other one doesn't work

I'm trying the Mac method and it's not working:

- OKAY: Oppo BDP-105 disk drawer opens when Autoscript USB stick is inserted

- OKAY: Java app opens and lets me choose server source and I can put in the Oppo's IP address

- OKAY: In Network Utility I can manually ping the Oppo's ID address and it works fine

- PROBLEM: When I press the "Execute" button in the Java app, nothing happens

- PROBLEM: When I try to telnet into the Oppo from Terminal, I get "connection refused"

- PROBLEM: When I go into terminal and use ping to tell it to find all detectable devices on my network, it does NOT list the OPPO's IP address, even though manual pinging of that address does work

Anyone have any idea what the problem might be?

I then tried the original Windows method (the non-GUI .cmd method), via my PC/Windows emulator on my Mac, and currently it appears to be working, which is great (and it's going fast - has ripped 10% while I've been typing this paragraph).

But I'd love to be able to use the Mac-native version.

Also, does anyone have a comprehensive list of the flags in the Windows cmd version? I'd love to have granular control over whether I rip the entire SACD, 2-track or multi-track only, ISO format vs DSF, CUE file, etc. Thanks!