IGNORED

Portable Music Player

Please recommend a portable high quality music player that I can use in my Lexus w ML sound system via audio cable. I need to store lossless music only; perhaps it can read a usb or a small portable drive ??? Like to keep the investment under $ 1 k. Thanks in advance.

HQ Player (#1) & Audrivana (#2) (wow! love the Apple w/music!!) .. these two software make my system "Amazing!", Purist USB- Benchmark DAC2 HGC (love it!), Purist Audio XLR , ATC SCM25A's (To Die For!) & Focal sub6 . Triode Power Cables with Uber Buss (Yes!) Also enjoy Audeze LCD3 w/"fat pipe cardas."

Thanks... I will acquaint myself with AK...

HQ Player (#1) & Audrivana (#2) (wow! love the Apple w/music!!) .. these two software make my system "Amazing!", Purist USB- Benchmark DAC2 HGC (love it!), Purist Audio XLR , ATC SCM25A's (To Die For!) & Focal sub6 . Triode Power Cables with Uber Buss (Yes!) Also enjoy Audeze LCD3 w/"fat pipe cardas."

where would you go to purchase from a reliable source ... thank you.

If I had the budget:

wa8-3-colors-glows.jpg

Woo Audio’s epic WA8 Eclipse is the world's first battery-operated vacuum tube headphone amplifier. Featuring SET Class-A transformer output for transparent sound quality, a built-in 24bit/384kHz DAC

They don't mention DSD but it's a SABRE DAC which normally can do that.

Dedicated Line DSD/DXD | Audirvana+ | iFi iDSD Nano | SET Tube Amp | Totem Mites

Surround: VLC | M-Audio FastTrack Pro | Mac Opt | Panasonic SA-HE100 | Logitech Z623

DIY: SET Tube Amp | Low-Noise Linear Regulated Power Supply | USB, Power, Speaker Cables | Speaker Stands | Acoustic Panels

Hey Now,

Sony Walkman ZX-2, fantastic bit of kit. Hi Rez + DSD. Built like a tank. Lots of storage, 128GB internal, external micro SD up to 128GB officially, but some have had success with the 200GB SanDisk. I use it with the Sony LOD in the truck. Android OS. Use a TRRS plug for balanced output. I download lots of Tidal tracks for offline use. Connect to my iPhone as a wifi hotspot for streaming over LTE. I like mine a lot.

--

Finest kind,

Chris

- -

Finest kind,

Chris

If I had the budget:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]26404[/ATTACH]

They don't mention DSD but it's a SABRE DAC which normally can do that.

That is cool! I wonder if an external battery pack can be connected. One of those 20K mahr for phones and such. Battery life is pretty short without. Also need a hard shell case for the backpack to protect the tubes.

I have the Sony ZX1 & ZX2 and like them quite a bit. Use the ZX1 at the gym and cutting grass and the ZX2 everywhere else. The 200GB Sandisk does work in the ZX2.

QNAP TS453Pro w/QLMS->Netgear Switch->Netgear RAX43 Router->Ethernet (50 ft)->Netgear switch->SBTouch ->SABAJ A10d->Linn Majik-IL (preamp)->Linn 2250->Linn Keilidh; Control Points: iPeng (iPad Air & iPhone); Also: Rega P3-24 w/ DV 10x5; OPPO 103; PC Playback: Foobar2000 & JRiver; Portable: iPhone 12 ProMax & Radio Paradise or NAS streaming; Sony NWZ ZX2 w/ PHA-3; SMSL IQ, Fiio Q5, iFi Nano iDSD BL; Garage: Edifier S1000DB Active Speakers  

In this price range I highly recommend Pono, less fatiguing than the other options at $400. Amazing DAC built in for the money. AK JR does have a better screen and user experience though.

+1 on the Pono! An amazing bargain for what you pay. Read the Stereophile review.

JC

Please recommend a portable high quality music player that I can use in my Lexus w ML sound system via audio cable. I need to store lossless music only; perhaps it can read a usb or a small portable drive ??? Like to keep the investment under $ 1 k. Thanks in advance.

HiFiMan HM-650. $400 to $750 depending on amplifier module you buy it with. The basic amplifier model, at $400, will be more than adequate to drive the input to a car stereo. Of course, a Pono at $400 would be fine as well. Just make sure your passenger doesn't mistake it for an Italian chocolate bar and try to eat it!

George

Does the ML sound system have iPad/iPhone/iPod integration? That is, can the system take the digital signal from the i device? If so, I'd go that route. The car is not exactly an anechoic chamber, so I wouldn't waste too much money.

mQa is dead!

I don't think car audio will ever be hifi like your home rig so I would stick to something simple. You can do a helluva lot worse than the current gen ipod touch 128GB and for the money, not much better.

If I am anything, I am a music lover and a pragmatist.

I don't think car audio will ever be hifi like your home rig so I would stick to something simple. You can do a helluva lot worse than the current gen ipod touch 128GB and for the money, not much better.

My HiFiMan HM-650 playing through my pair of HiFiMan HE-1000 headphones in the balanced mode plying 24/96, 24/192' and DSD files sound much better than any car or home stereo that i have ever heard. It's just awesome!

George

Audioquest Firefly and your phone.

Oops! I thought you were discussing Firefly the science fiction series, one of my favorites.

I noticed there was no comma, so I did a google search and discovered that Firefly is a USB DAC made by Audioquest. Sorry about that, I deleted my original comment.

My only telephone is a 20 year old corded Conair landline, it's all I need.

If I get a portable digital player in the future I would like it to play both 2.8MHz and 5.6MHz DSD.

I have dementia. I save all my posts in a text file I call Forums.  I do a search in that file to find out what I said or did in the past.

I still love music.

Teresa

Thanks Brian, it looks really cool.

I have dementia. I save all my posts in a text file I call Forums.  I do a search in that file to find out what I said or did in the past.

I still love music.

Teresa