IGNORED

Portable Music Player

Oops! I thought you were discussing Firefly the science fiction series, one of my favorites.

I noticed there was no comma, so I did a google search and discovered that Firefly is a USB DAC made by Audioquest. Sorry about that, I deleted my original comment.

My only telephone is a 20 year old corded Conair landline, it's all I need.

If I get a portable digital player in the future I would like it to play both 2.8MHz and 5.6MHz DSD.

Sorry, I meant Dragonfly.

I remember watching it long while back, but I thought it was cancelled.

Together with an USB camera lightning adapter (see Chris's thead) it is such a sweet setup in the car. But no DSD though.

Thanks tranz,

Yes, Firefly was canceled over a decade ago, I have the complete series on DVD.

Also I have no car by choice, I ride public transportation (bus) or walk. So if I ever get a DSD / 24-bit PCM portable digital music player it would have to be just a portable digital music player and nothing more.

I have dementia. I save all my posts in a text file I call Forums.  I do a search in that file to find out what I said or did in the past.

I still love music.

Teresa

• 3 weeks later...
HiFiMan HM-650. $400 to $750 depending on amplifier module you buy it with. The basic amplifier model, at $400, will be more than adequate to drive the input to a car stereo. Of course, a Pono at $400 would be fine as well. Just make sure your passenger doesn't mistake it for an Italian chocolate bar and try to eat it!

NEWS FLASH!! The FDA warns that Pono Players are not good for human food consumption! :)

Sound track sounds interesting:) so no worries:)

Oops! I thought you were discussing Firefly the science fiction series, one of my favorites.

I noticed there was no comma, so I did a google search and discovered that Firefly is a USB DAC made by Audioquest. Sorry about that, I deleted my original comment.

My only telephone is a 20 year old corded Conair landline, it's all I need.

If I get a portable digital player in the future I would like it to play both 2.8MHz and 5.6MHz DSD.