IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 2.5 with Tidal

wgscott

Hi people,

I have a question. During playback, top left panel shows my DAC settings as 24/44.1 Stereo while the track itself is a redbook (16/44.1). I am using Chord Mojo via optical interface. Why is that so?

Cheers.

nv

If 24 is the number shown rather than 16, it is the result of "zero padding," which means the 8 least significant bits are filled in by zeros. These are just placeholders and don't alter anything at all sonically, any more than the value of "1.00000000" (8 least significant digits zero-padded) differs from the value of 1.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

If 24 is the number shown rather than 16, it is the result of "zero padding," which means the 8 least significant bits are filled in by zeros. These are just placeholders and don't alter anything at all sonically, any more than the value of "1.00000000" (8 least significant digits zero-padded) differs from the value of 1.

Understood.

It shows 24 as the bit depth since optical allows 24 max. USB allows 32 and therefore displays it as 32/44.1.

Thanks for the clarification mate!

Cheers.

• 3 weeks later...

i am using audirvana+ 2.3.3 and sometimes 2.5.2

my itunes folder that i use for my playback is on a western digital my passport external hard drive.

particularly when using 2.3.3 the first track does not load when i start listening. it eventually does after stopping track and attempting again (over and over, maybe ten times) and/or sometimes going via preferences just for the sake of it. the same thing happens if i close the app and reopen it

i do have in sysoptimzer the audirvana plus priority on very high

any idea of what might be bringing on this problem and how i can avoid it? hard drive issue or software issue?

it only started about a week ago - it occasionally happens with 2.5.2 but almost always with 2.3.3

thanks in advance

I'm getting a few small bugs in the playlist handling of Audirvana 2.5.3. When I add songs to a playlist, then filter it on some search criteria, then reorder the playlist by dragging a song up or down the list, the reordering operation doesn't have any effect. Worse, when I clear the search criteria, nothing happens - only the previously filtered tracks are shown, and I need to restart Audirvana to see the full playlist again.

Also, if I right click a track in a playlist, and add it to the same playlist, a message comes up saying that the track has been added, but it doesn't appear. After that, playlists can't be reordered or have tracks deleted. Again, restarting Audirvana fixes the issue.

Finally, it would be great to be able to use Year as one of the selectable criteria for filtering tracks.

Thanks.

Anyone ever get a response from the Audirvana folks?

I submitted a contact email through their site last week and have not been contacted.

I bought A+2.5 and when I tried to create a Tidal account with their 3 month free trial, it errors out and said the promotion wasn't valid. Still created the Tidal account...

But now every time I log into A+ it says my tidal account must be a premium account to stream anything.

Anyone ever get a response from the Audirvana folks?

I submitted a contact email through their site last week and have not been contacted.

I bought A+2.5 and when I tried to create a Tidal account with their 3 month free trial, it errors out and said the promotion wasn't valid. Still created the Tidal account...

But now every time I log into A+ it says my tidal account must be a premium account to stream anything.

The "folks" are actually pretty much a one man band, the developer, Damien, being quite active here on the forum.

Hi,

This is the scenario: two copies of the same iTunes library but with different file path. One copy is in an external HDD the other is in a NAS.

Can the current A+ version index (scan) both libraries independently so I can switch from one to the other? How?

I tried it once with a previous version of A+ but both libraries have all tracks duplicated.

It seems that A+ just indexed the same librarie twice but did not created two separated entities.

With iTunes this is pretty easy to do but I would like to have the same functionality within A+.

Please advice.

TIA,

JoseL

Hi,

This is the scenario: two copies of the same iTunes library but with different file path. One copy is in an external HDD the other is in a NAS.

Can the current A+ version index (scan) both libraries independently so I can switch from one to the other? How?

I tried it once with a previous version of A+ but both libraries have all tracks duplicated.

It seems that A+ just indexed the same librarie twice but did not created two separated entities.

With iTunes this is pretty easy to do but I would like to have the same functionality within A+.

Please advice.

TIA,

You can then create two different libraries for Audirvana Plus.

The command to switch between the two is in the Library page of the preferences: change the Audirvana Plus Library database location.

You'll then have the two copies in two different folders.

Damien

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

• 3 weeks later...
In case anyone is hesitant to install the latest updates, everything is working fine on my Mac Mini / W4S DAC-2 DSDse setup, with Audirvana 2.5.3, El Capitan 10.11.6, and the latest iTunes update, which is 12.4.2.4.

But not for me, Tidal is not loading all the saved artists in My Music.

A+.png

No electron left behind.

Help! I posted this in Audirivana Plus 2.1 but maybe I can get some help here.

I synchronized Audirvana the other day and now 354 of my albums are in an iTunes media music folder called "msng". Not all the songs from a particular album are in that folder but some are. I only found out because when I opened Roon, it said "msng" was recently added with all those albums. Is this something in Audirvana? iTunes? But, more important, how do I fix it?

I don't know if this sharing xml file has anything to do with the problem. But, now iTunes can't find folders, music is missing and I can't find it them on my NAS. I can't delete the folders that have nothing in it in the "msng" folder.

If I delete the 'msng' tags then the songs and album are put in the right folder - this time "The Ramones". Is there a quick fix because this can take a long time? Is it just a coincidence that this happened after syncing with Audirvana?

I am using 2.5.3. I fixed the iTunes by deleting the "msng" in album artist categories after selecting all when I search "msng" for artist. I hope someone can answer the Audirivana issue.

Screen Shot 2016-07-19 at 8.53.15 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-07-19 at 8.53.52 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-07-19 at 8.56.45 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-07-19 at 9.12.15 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-07-19 at 10.29.39 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-07-19 at 8.29.57 PM.png

Please help.

Third Floor: AE>Pioneer solid state integrated>Sony PS-x70 turntable>KEF 103.2 speakers

Second Floor: Intel NUC>LampizatOr GA TRP/LampizatOr Integrated Solid State amp>triode wire labs speaker cables & power cord and wywires power cords>vapor über auroras speakers

Old school: VPI Prime Signature turntable w/ Ortofon Bronze Cadenza cartridge and Technics SP-10 mk2

First Floor: AE>lifatec silflex glass toslink>schiit bifrost über>Kimber kable hero RCA>audioengine 5

The latest Sierra public beta appears to have broken Direct Mode. Again.

Yes, another nice surprise from Apple...

Working on it, though this is still a beta version of Sierra

Sent from my iPad using Computer Audiophile

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

Help! I posted this in Audirivana Plus 2.1 but maybe I can get some help here.

I synchronized Audirvana the other day and now 354 of my albums are in an iTunes media music folder called "msng". Not all the songs from a particular album are in that folder but some are. I only found out because when I opened Roon, it said "msng" was recently added with all those albums. Is this something in Audirvana? iTunes? But, more important, how do I fix it?

I don't know if this sharing xml file has anything to do with the problem. But, now iTunes can't find folders, music is missing and I can't find it them on my NAS. I can't delete the folders that have nothing in it in the "msng" folder.

If I delete the 'msng' tags then the songs and album are put in the right folder - this time "The Ramones". Is there a quick fix because this can take a long time? Is it just a coincidence that this happened after syncing with Audirvana?

I am using 2.5.3. I fixed the iTunes by deleting the "msng" in album artist categories after selecting all when I search "msng" for artist. I hope someone can answer the Audirivana issue.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27820[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27821[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27822[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27823[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27824[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27825[/ATTACH]

Please help.

Audirvana Plus is not modifying the file structure of iTunes library. It can write to the files only when you use the metadata editor.

So this looks like to be an iTunes issue. FYI, MSNG is what iTunes tends to write sometimes when there is no data in a field ("missing" data).

Sent from my iPad using Computer Audiophile

Just weird that iTunes hasn't been corrupted like that for me before until I synced again with audirvana. But it could be just a coincidence.

Third Floor: AE>Pioneer solid state integrated>Sony PS-x70 turntable>KEF 103.2 speakers

Second Floor: Intel NUC>LampizatOr GA TRP/LampizatOr Integrated Solid State amp>triode wire labs speaker cables & power cord and wywires power cords>vapor über auroras speakers

Old school: VPI Prime Signature turntable w/ Ortofon Bronze Cadenza cartridge and Technics SP-10 mk2

First Floor: AE>lifatec silflex glass toslink>schiit bifrost über>Kimber kable hero RCA>audioengine 5

OK, merci, Damien. Could you touch upon the forthcoming changes?

If i remember correctly Damien said 2.6 would be focused on the mac os app library / UI improvement.

For non streamers / non iphone owners like me i guess it will be a treat, considering the last updates were about the iphone app and implementing streaming platforms. Can't wait !

Hi,

I posted this in another of the Audirvana's threads but did not get any reply.

I have been trying, unsuccessfully, to import a few playlists from my iTunes library (12.4.2) to Audirvana (2.5.3) using the M3U format. The OS is Yosemite. The music files (AIFF) of both libraries are exactly the same and reside in my NAS so the file paths of both libraries are the same too. Still Audirvana won't import them.

Please advice.

TIA,

JoseL

Hi,

maybe you can create one playlist in Audirvana, then goes to the text editor and see what happens between that playlist and the other itune playlist.

just thinking but never try.

pascal

Windows PC server/ Target PC Diretta / Audirvana/ DAC W4S 10th anniversary/ Jadis DA60 / Wilson Audio Sophia 

Forgive me if this has been answered elsewhere. Is there a way to convert stereo files to mono in Audrivana? I assume there's a plug-in for that but I don't know what it is.

If you are on a Mac, there is a free, open source app called Audacity, which can do that easily, and so much more. It is indispensable for any audio enthusiast.