IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 2.5 with Tidal

wgscott

Damien

PS: 2.5.1 is also bringing PCM upsampling to DSD... ;)

Yeaaaaahhhh!!!!!

"Damien Président, Damien Président!!!!!!!!"

Having tried betas, I don't think President is good enough. Perhaps Galactic Ruler. ;)

I haven't heard my system sound better, and it was not, at least to my ears, a small change.

I believe Damien may be looking for volunteers to "stress test" further betas, if anyone is curious. :)

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Thanks for the report. Fixed done for upcoming 2.5.1

Damien

Wow. I'm excited [emoji846]

Don't imagine I'm the only one....

Thank you Damien. You are a legend.

TF cards - USB  -> GentooPlayer in RAM on Rpi4b, Ian’s PurePi II, FIFO Q7, HDMI-pro  -> Audio GD R-27 -> S.A.T. Infinity monoblocks -> Gallo Stradas + TR-3 sub / Erzetich Phobos

Where is the Beta????

Hackintosh I7 16GB Ram, Roon, HQPlayer, Drobo 8 TB NAS, Raspberry Pi 3 NAA, Gustard X20 ES 9018 Xmos, Audio GD C39 Preamp, The First ONE DIY Amp, Monitor Audio GS20 Speakers, Monitor Audio RSW12 Subwoofer, PI Audio MagikBuss filter.

Beta versions are not made public.

Roon client on iPad/MacBookPro

Roon Server & HQPlayer on Mac Mini 2.0 GHz i7 with JS-2

LPS-1 & ultraRendu → Lampizator Atlantic → Bent Audio TAP-X → Atma-sphere M60 → Zero autoformers → Harbeth Compact 7 ES-3

I do not know. I want to keep it that way.

:)

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Beta versions are not made public.

Let's see how widely available Damien would like to make them in this case.

Interesting. Any info on how he does upsampling?

LPS-1 & ultraRendu → Lampizator Atlantic → Bent Audio TAP-X → Atma-sphere M60 → Zero autoformers → Harbeth Compact 7 ES-3

Interesting. Any info on how he does upsampling?

Yes, but since we haven't talked explicitly about disclosing this, I'll leave it to him to reveal however much he would like about that. I will simply say I feel the quality is extraordinarily high.

I understand, no problem.

Thanks for the report. Fixed done for upcoming 2.5.1

Damien

Cool, and thanks. I wasn't sure whether you or someone else might say, "Actually, there's already this big button for doing that you just didn't notice." :)

Life was so much cheaper when I couldn't hear a difference between these things.

Damien, with the upcoming microRendu (and most likely more initiatives with ethernet input), do you plan on NAA output? I would love to continue to use your product, especially because of it's AU plugin support (besides all other excellent functions of course). Personally I cannot live without Fabfilter Pro-Q 2 to fight a few room modes.

Streamer dCS Network Bridge DAC Chord DAVE Amplifier / DRC Lyngdorf TDAI-3400 Speakers Lindemann BL-10 | JL audio E-sub e110 Head-fi and reference Bakoon HPA-21 | Audeze LCD-3 (f) Power and isolation Dedicated power line | Xentek extreme isolation transformer (1KVA, balanced) | Uptone Audio EtherREGEN + Ferrum Hypsos | Sonore OpticalModule + Uptone Audio UltraCap LPS-1.2 | Jensen CI-1RR Cables Jorma Digital XLR (digital), Grimm Audio SQM RCA (analog), Kimber 8TC + WBT (speakers), custom star-quad with Oyaide connectors (AC), Ferrum (DC) and Ghent (ethernet) Software dCS Mosaic | Tidal | Qobuz

Greetings

I previously raved about version 2.5 and my opinion has not changed one bit but I have run into a problem I haven't encountered on earlier versions. Sometimes, but not every time, when playing a track either on my local server or through Tidal, A+ will stop at the end of a track. Selecting the next track fixes the problem but it is annoying. Also, sometimes, but rarely, playback will stop and a buzzing tone will play, making me run to shut off my amp. I have never had this happen until 2.5 which, in spite of these issues, is the best version of Audirvana I have heard.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Regards

Doug

A little help please . . .

Ever since upgrading to A+ 2.5 with Tidal (great!), A+ has been unable to detect, and I've been unable to choose Airplay as my "preferred audio device" in preferences. I've rebooted the computer and my Airport Express, and restarted A+ without success.

Probably something dumb I've overlooked. Tips welcome.

Hi - newbie here

I have been happily using audirvana for about 6 months now. After trialling the usual suspects Audirvana easily (more or less) was my preferred option (SQ) with my gear - I don't remember it being too hard a decision

when i went from 2.3.3 to 2.4 i preferred 2.3.3 and went back to it.

from memory 2.3.3 had a better sound over all (call it analogue or better balanced across the board and the lower end or something like that)

wondering how users have found is relative to 2.4 and/or 2.3.x in SQ (for own ripped collections)

also it usual to lose playlists when updating?

and am i right in assuming, by using time machine, if 2.5 isn't best for me i can easily go back to 2.3.3?

thanks for any info for a newbie here

peter

think so , I really like the version 2.3.3 on my system. Version 2.5 the bass sounds too big, very exaggerated . 2.3.3 is , for me, more musical and balanced

Ever since upgrading to A+ 2.5 with Tidal (great!), A+ has been unable to detect, and I've been unable to choose Airplay as my "preferred audio device" in preferences.

The ability to do this went away with El Capitan (OS X 10.11). The only workaround that I know of is to set the system sound output to your Airplay device, at which point the OS will tell A+ about it. It is only a temporary fix.

Why Apple did this remains a mystery, at least to me.

A.

With the introduction of Tidal integration and addition of a Peachtree Audio X1 USB/SPDIF converter, Audirvana has now become my only digital source. Combined with the iPad remote app, it makes such a great combination.

Well done Damien.

All the best[br]Steve.[br]ALAC stored on Drobo FS > Intel iMac > iTunes/Spotify/Slimserver > Modded SB3 > NAD M2 Digital Amplifier -> Wilson Benesch A.C.T.

This is bizarre. I've lost connection with TIDAL with A+. I'm supposedly 'connected' yet nothing is working. I see the TIDAL icon in the navigation but the TIDAL link is non-functioning. I've tried logging in a few times. Nada. Has anyone else got this problem? TIDAL has been working with no issues right up until now.

Tidal / Qobuz--> Roon--> Fios Gigabit--> Netgear Prosafe GS105 --> Supra 8-->EtherRegen --> Fiber--> opticalRendu / CI Audio LPS --> Curious Evolved Link --> Chord Qutest--> AQ Water --> Belles Aria Integrated--> AQ Robin Hood--> Kudos Super 20's