IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 2.5 with Tidal

wgscott

quote_icon.png Originally Posted by RunHomeSlow viewpost-right.png

Just looking at the syncing of my library in album view with nothing playing,

the activity monitor CPU usage is around 150% (100-200%)...

I'm working on an important update on the database management for 2.6 that will strongly improve its performance. - Damien

you can look here also: Audirvana Plus 2.5.1 with PCM->DSD Conversion

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

Simple Question.... how do you delete an album from "My Music" in Tidal? Wouldn't you think you'd just highlight the album and hit delete? Apparently not...that would be too straightforward :-(

Tidal / Qobuz--> Roon--> Fios Gigabit--> Netgear Prosafe GS105 --> Supra 8-->EtherRegen --> Fiber--> opticalRendu / CI Audio LPS --> Curious Evolved Link --> Chord Qutest--> AQ Water --> Belles Aria Integrated--> AQ Robin Hood--> Kudos Super 20's

Simple Question.... how do you delete an album from "My Music" in Tidal? Wouldn't you think you'd just highlight the album and hit delete? Apparently not...that would be too straightforward :-(

If you go to the album itself (in audirvana) does the star symbol appear (used to add to my Music)? If so click on that again?

If you go to the album itself (in audirvana) does the star symbol appear (used to add to my Music)? If so click on that again?

That seemed to work - thanks!

Tidal / Qobuz--> Roon--> Fios Gigabit--> Netgear Prosafe GS105 --> Supra 8-->EtherRegen --> Fiber--> opticalRendu / CI Audio LPS --> Curious Evolved Link --> Chord Qutest--> AQ Water --> Belles Aria Integrated--> AQ Robin Hood--> Kudos Super 20's

Hi all,

I have a minor issue.

I kinda lost the column (disabled it somehow sometime ago) which shows the overall track count/number under Library using the tracks view. The same column shows alright in the playlists but not in Lİbrary.

Any suggestions on how to bring it back?

Thanks.

nv

Not sure understanding... french speaking first here :-)

Snapz002.jpg

You mean like this you see

but wanted that... just bring the the bar at the bottom up in the window...

Snapz001.jpg

Snapz002.jpg

Snapz001.jpg

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Arf, can't remove 2 pictures... the good ones have rectangle in red in them...

Just realise that this thread was for Tidal.. anyway...

Hi,

Let me put my own screen shots.

My Bach albums in a playlist. Tracks view. See the left column.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]26504[/ATTACH]

Now view the same under library, tracks view:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]26503[/ATTACH]

See that the left column in the playlist view can't be observed in library view.

That's because the left column in playlist view tells you the order in which the playlist tracks will be played. There is no such information for library tracks.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

That's because the left column in playlist view tells you the order in which the playlist tracks will be played. There is no such information for library tracks.

Hmm. I was almost sure that I remember there was such a column. Nevertheless, not a biggie.

Damien,

If you are still reading this thread, another minor typo in SysOptimizer under preferences. "Interference" is misspelled as "inteference", without "r".

with A+ can you get Tidal in Master resolution (24/44.1 or 48) ?

thanks

I have a Tidal subscription, and AFAIK, the best you can do currently is 16/44.1 FLAC.

There's talk (a lot of talk) that Tidal will support streaming of MQA-encoded files, but a lot of questions remain unanswered: For example, When will this happen, or will it happen at all? What resolutions will be streamed? Will there be software decoding? Right now, the answer to that last one appears to be "No, you'll need an MQA-compatible DAC."

--David

Listening Room: Mac mini (Roon Core) > iMac (HQP) > exaSound PlayPoint (as NAA) > exaSound e32 > W4S STP-SE > Benchmark AHB2 > Wilson Sophia Series 2 (Details)

Office: Mac Pro >  AudioQuest DragonFly Red > JBL LSR305

Mobile: iPhone 6S > AudioQuest DragonFly Black > JH Audio JH5

I have a Tidal subscription, and AFAIK, the best you can do currently is 16/44.1 FLAC.

There's talk (a lot of talk) that Tidal will support streaming of MQA-encoded files, but a lot of questions remain unanswered: For example, When will this happen, or will it happen at all? What resolutions will be streamed? Will there be software decoding? Right now, the answer to that last one appears to be "No, you'll need an MQA-compatible DAC."

--David

but i read somewhere that independently from MQA they are streaming in Master Resolution (24/44.1 or 48).

i saw some screenshot...

but i read somewhere that independently from MQA they are streaming in Master Resolution (24/44.1 or 48).

i saw some screenshot...

Sorry, I just don't know anything about that. Qobuz streams better-than-CD quality to its "Sublime" subscribers. Also, at one point (around the time of CES?), Tidal was testing MQA streaming, and under certain circumstances, some subscribers who weren't part of the test program were able to stream higher-res MQA files — Tidal closed that hole pretty soon after they became aware of it, as I recall.

That's as close as I can come to what you're describing. Maybe someone else will chime in.

--David

Listening Room: Mac mini (Roon Core) > iMac (HQP) > exaSound PlayPoint (as NAA) > exaSound e32 > W4S STP-SE > Benchmark AHB2 > Wilson Sophia Series 2 (Details)

Office: Mac Pro >  AudioQuest DragonFly Red > JBL LSR305

Mobile: iPhone 6S > AudioQuest DragonFly Black > JH Audio JH5

Sorry, I just don't know anything about that. Qobuz streams better-than-CD quality to its "Sublime" subscribers. Also, at one point (around the time of CES?), Tidal was testing MQA streaming, and under certain circumstances, some subscribers who weren't part of the test program were able to stream higher-res MQA files — Tidal closed that hole pretty soon after they became aware of it, as I recall.

That's as close as I can come to what you're describing. Maybe someone else will chime in.

--David

Even Qobuz only lets you stream titles you've actually bought from the site in high-res in studio master resolutions up to 24/192 (confirmed by A+).

Even as a sublime subscriber (which I am), all the rest of the 30M titles only stream in 16/44 redbook. To my knowledge, TIDAL is 16/44 (and indeed eventually MQA) only.

I use Audirvana (the latest build) on a Mac Book Pro, together with Dirac for upsampling Music from Quobuz and Tidal.

That setup produces a very impressive soundstage.

Local Music is played from a Nas.

When I want to switch from Qobuz or Tidal to play some local files, Audirvana hangs up, it want start. I have to restart it manually. Then I can play my local files. If I want to go back to Qobuz or Tiadal, Audirvana hangs again. A manual restart is necessary. Then it works again.

Looks like some error in Audirvana because Roon allows switching between local playback and streaming with that same setup without problems.

Even Qobuz only lets you stream titles you've actually bought from the site in high-res in studio master resolutions up to 24/192 (confirmed by A+).

Even as a sublime subscriber (which I am), all the rest of the 30M titles only stream in 16/44 redbook. To my knowledge, TIDAL is 16/44 (and indeed eventually MQA) only.

Thanks for the clarification..

--David

I think this is exactly what I was wondering...thanks!!!

The program also crashes from time to time during streaming. After a start it works again till the next crash. This does not happen very often. I saw that 2 or 3 times in about 2 hours.

Audirvana is a very promising program, that needs some bug fixing. At least thats my experience.

I have a 3 month trial TIDAL HIFI subscription thanks to Audirvana.

I've noticed that not all TIDAL tracks are 16/44.1 some are AAC96 - older stuff like Dave Swarbrick and Stealers Wheel as examples.

Does anyone know if it's only a temporary thing that TIDAL is fixing eventually, or does the HIFI subscription just give you access to all content, whether it's Redbook quality or not ??

All the best...

Cheers

Lars

Mac Mini late 2020 / 16GB RAM / OSX Big Sur; Rockna Wavelight DAC; TDSS Level-3 upgraded NuForce Ref.9 V2 SE power amps; Avalon Eclipse Classic speakers; 2 REL T/9i subwoofers; PS PowerPlant 3.

Analog : SOTA turntable w/ Morch DP-6 tone arm / van den Hul FROG cartridge. Densen RIAA DP02 MC