IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 2.5 with Tidal

wgscott

If you haven't tried it, you haven't lived.

Lifts veils, liquid sound-stage, punches above its price-point. Gets the most out of my $35K USB cable.

Extremely impressive implementation.

I can't seem to do anything with the default "Tidal" playlist. Any advice?

I'm up and running now - hurrah!! First impressions - the sound quality is quite nice. I'll have to do some comparisons with high-res files - typically 24/96 in my library. Are you supposed to be able to upsample with Tidal - using the A+ interface? (Sorry if that's a basic question). My Concero HD DAC won't seem to upsample either.

Tidal / Qobuz--> Roon--> Fios Gigabit--> Netgear Prosafe GS105 --> Supra 8-->EtherRegen --> Fiber--> opticalRendu / CI Audio LPS --> Curious Evolved Link --> Chord Qutest--> AQ Water --> Belles Aria Integrated--> AQ Robin Hood--> Kudos Super 20's

If you haven't tried it, you haven't lived.

Lifts veils, liquid sound-stage, punches above its price-point. Gets the most out of my $35K USB cable.

Extremely impressive implementation.

I can't seem to do anything with the default "Tidal" playlist. Any advice?

$35K USB cable? Cheapskate!

NUC10i7 + Roon ROCK > dCS Rossini APEX DAC + dCS Rossini Master Clock 

SME 20/3 + SME V + Dynavector XV-1s or ANUK IO Gold > vdH The Grail or Kondo KSL-SFz + ANK L3 Phono 

Audio Note Kondo Ongaku > Avantgarde Duo Mezzo

Signal cables: Kondo Silver, Crystal Cable phono

Power cables: Kondo, Shunyata, van den Hul

system pics

Another basic question....if I'm using A+ with Tidal, can I trash the Tidal program in my applications? It uses 150 MB.

Tidal / Qobuz--> Roon--> Fios Gigabit--> Netgear Prosafe GS105 --> Supra 8-->EtherRegen --> Fiber--> opticalRendu / CI Audio LPS --> Curious Evolved Link --> Chord Qutest--> AQ Water --> Belles Aria Integrated--> AQ Robin Hood--> Kudos Super 20's

Unless i am being fooled, I am up-sampling it in Audirvana (and applying Dirac via plug-in). This, to me, is one of the major advantages of integrating Tidal into Audirvana. (I don't know if it is enough to get me to put money in Kanye West's pocket.)

Unless i am being fooled, I am up-sampling it in Audirvana (and applying Dirac via plug-in). This, to me, is one of the major advantages of integrating Tidal into Audirvana. (I don't know if it is enough to get me to put money in Kanye West's pocket.)

My A+ indicator says the files I'm streaming from Tidal are 16/44. Yes, it would be nice if the files were upsampled as per the normal A+ settings

My A+ indicator says the files I'm streaming from Tidal are 16/44. Yes, it would be nice if the files were upsampled as per the normal A+ settings

I'm streaming this (16/44.1) and unless I am mistaken, am upsampling it:

Screen Shot 2016-04-20 at 8.08.48 AM.png

The Dirac window also indicates 176.4 kHz.

Are you supposed to be able to upsample with Tidal - using the A+ interface? (Sorry if that's a basic question). My Concero HD DAC won't seem to upsample either.

Yes, you should be able to upsample Tidal, the same as if you were playing a Red Book rip. So with your DAC, you should be able to upsample to 384 kHz.

--David

Listening Room: Mac mini (Roon Core) > iMac (HQP) > exaSound PlayPoint (as NAA) > exaSound e32 > W4S STP-SE > Benchmark AHB2 > Wilson Sophia Series 2 (Details)

Office: Mac Pro >  AudioQuest DragonFly Red > JBL LSR305

Mobile: iPhone 6S > AudioQuest DragonFly Black > JH Audio JH5

Once again - thanks for straightening me up. All working - nice sound. :-)

$35K USB cable? Cheapskate!

There may be a stray "K" in there.... :)

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Damien,

This is a push from prior thread. What could be causing this?

Help, When in album mode, an album ends, and I click on another album to play, it looks like it loaded, but, it won't play. I have to hit stop then click on play again to get it to play. This happens almost all the time now ,however sometimes it works properly. I have deleted all instants of A+ and reloaded just A+ 2.5, same problem. This has been happening from ver. 2.3.3 all the way to 2.5.

Music Server(s):Mac Mini w/UpTone linear power supply JS-2, SoTM 200 w/LPS-1, AQ Diamond USB cable,

Music Server Operating System:Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan, Roon, HQP, A+

USB Digital to Analog Converter(s):PS Audio DS Jr. w/UpTone Audio ReGen  w/ LPS-1 Power Supply

Preamplifier:PS Audio BHK preamp; Amplifier(s):Parasound Amplifier A21; Loudspeakers:Magnapan 3.7

Loudspeaker Cables:AudioQuest CV8

Damien... seeing the confusion arising on this (old thread)... could you, please, make it so the "Tidal promotion etc etc ("Get It" button included)" goes away once user has successfully signed in to Tidal? ;-)

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier (or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

Damien... seeing the confusion arising on this (old thread)... could you, please, make it so the "Tidal promotion etc etc ("Get It" button included)" goes away once user has successfully signed in to Tidal? ;-)

Yes, I hesitated to do that before releasing 2.5, thinking the wording with trial was clear enough. Apparently not. So in next release I'll disable the Get It button when logged in TIDAL. It will reappear when logged off.

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

Just updated to 2.5 but can't find ' streaming' in my preferences. Did a reboot but still no Streaming icon.

Any ideas?

Thanks

You two men go that way...

QNAP TS-131P->2019 Mac Mini-> -> dCS BArtok  -> balanced XLR -> Nagra MPA ->Shunyata Research cables and Hydra 6 -> Acapella La Campanella 2 horn speakers and REL R-328 SubBase. HiFi Rack Reference audio stand.

Just updated to 2.5 but can't find ' streaming' in my preferences. Did a reboot but still no Streaming icon.

Preferences -> Streaming (at top right of the Prefs dialog).

--David

Listening Room: Mac mini (Roon Core) > iMac (HQP) > exaSound PlayPoint (as NAA) > exaSound e32 > W4S STP-SE > Benchmark AHB2 > Wilson Sophia Series 2 (Details)

My preferences box stops at iTunes... No Streaming icon...?.ImageUploadedByComputer Audiophile1461194881.123474.jpg

QNAP TS-131P->2019 Mac Mini-> -> dCS BArtok  -> balanced XLR -> Nagra MPA ->Shunyata Research cables and Hydra 6 -> Acapella La Campanella 2 horn speakers and REL R-328 SubBase. HiFi Rack Reference audio stand.

you are using A+ in legacy iTunes integrated mode so, I guess... no streaming

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier (or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

Never mind... Had to get out of iTunes mode...

Thanks

you are using A+ in legacy iTunes integrated mode so, I guess... no streaming

Time to take off the training wheels. It's very liberating … and you can get those streaming services.

--David