IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 2.5 with Tidal

wgscott

Not me. Just pull 40G of ram out of the bus and we can compare our results with yours.

I ve allocated 3,200MB for track preload. Tracks play fine. It happens when I click on genre menu or scroll through albums. Should I allocate more or less for track preload? I tried up to

8 000 MB and still happens occasionally.

Maybe it is the internet connection speed. I have noticed a few glitches under sub-optimal conditions.

I think it is unlikely that your computer is limiting things in any way. However, I'll be more than happy to trade you my mac mini for it.

Maybe it is the internet connection speed. I have noticed a few glitches under sub-optimal conditions.

I think it is unlikely that your computer is limiting things in any way. However, I'll be more than happy to trade you my mac mini for it.

Haha you are most right Sir. I checked the Tx Rate and it is pretty low. It's a studio Comp so it's tucked away due to noise. Must be hampering the wi-fi Feng Shui. Oh well I'll just be gentle with it. No more crazy clicking.

Cheers

Another basic question....if I'm using A+ with Tidal, can I trash the Tidal program in my applications? It uses 150 MB.

I wouldn't... It allows you to manage your account, possibly better manage your playlists - I have not tried this on A+ yet - ie how well search works, can you favorite, can you create lists that sync back to TIDAL? If you have Chrome you can skip the app prob.

I often use the TIDAL app (web or native) to search and favorite albums. I run Roon at home and this automagically adds the album to my library. Especially useful when I am not at home.

NUC10i7 + Roon ROCK > dCS Rossini APEX DAC + dCS Rossini Master Clock 

SME 20/3 + SME V + Dynavector XV-1s or ANUK IO Gold > vdH The Grail or Kondo KSL-SFz + ANK L3 Phono 

Audio Note Kondo Ongaku > Avantgarde Duo Mezzo

Signal cables: Kondo Silver, Crystal Cable phono

Power cables: Kondo, Shunyata, van den Hul

system pics

I wouldn't... It allows you to manage your account, possibly better manage your playlists - I have not tried this on A+ yet - ie how well search works, can you favorite, can you create lists that sync back to TIDAL? If you have Chrome you can skip the app prob.

I often use the TIDAL app (web or native) to search and favorite albums. I run Roon at home and this automagically adds the album to my library. Especially useful when I am not at home.

Except for the account management, you can do this in Audirvana Plus :)

TIDAL Playlists creation, rename, delete, add tracks/albums to them (use the ... menu of tracks/albums for this), remove, reorder tracks in playlist

Search catalog. Favorite tracks, albums, artists (the heart icon is there for this), Subscribe/unsubscribe to playlists

And hyperlink navigation for music discovery (track -> containing album, track -> track artist, album -> artist, artist -> similar artists).

Damien

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

Damien... remember... Last.fm scrobbling? ;)

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > Metrum Acoustics Forte power amplifier (or  First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

Hi There

I’m travelling by plane very often and would like to know whether Audirvana allows to listen to TIDAL when offline ?

The Tidal IOS app allows it, but would prefer the quality of Audirvana from my MacBook. Otherwise does not worth for me to pay for HiFi high quality and might return to Spotify.

Thanks Damien for the 3 months trial, I’m happylly discovering the Tidal offer.

Cheers

Frank

Frank

Except for the account management, you can do this in Audirvana Plus :)

TIDAL Playlists creation, rename, delete, add tracks/albums to them (use the ... menu of tracks/albums for this), remove, reorder tracks in playlist

Search catalog. Favorite tracks, albums, artists (the heart icon is there for this), Subscribe/unsubscribe to playlists

And hyperlink navigation for music discovery (track -> containing album, track -> track artist, album -> artist, artist -> similar artists).

Damien

You dah mastah

NUC10i7 + Roon ROCK > dCS Rossini APEX DAC + dCS Rossini Master Clock 

SME 20/3 + SME V + Dynavector XV-1s or ANUK IO Gold > vdH The Grail or Kondo KSL-SFz + ANK L3 Phono 

Audio Note Kondo Ongaku > Avantgarde Duo Mezzo

Signal cables: Kondo Silver, Crystal Cable phono

Power cables: Kondo, Shunyata, van den Hul

system pics

I get an error when I attempt to activate the voucher in Tidal. A+ says it has downloaded the voucher. Where does A+ put the voucher? (my spotlight indexing is off). I might be able to enter it manually on the Tidal sight.

You figure this out yet? I got the same error, and need to find the voucher code so i can enter it in the TIDAL's setting menu....

You figure this out yet? I got the same error, and need to find the voucher code so i can enter it in the TIDAL's setting menu....

Can you log into Tidal on the webpage? All I had to do was sign into Tidal from within A+ preferences and it worked.

At the moment I can't get to the Log In page on the Tidal website, it seems it isn't working, but I am streaming a Prince album right now.

edit: Log in page just worked, I signed in with the username and password I created, and it worked just fine, where are you trying to add the voucher code?

No electron left behind.

Can you log into Tidal on the webpage? All I had to do was sign into Tidal from within A+ preferences and it worked.

At the moment I can't get to the Log In page on the Tidal website, it seems it isn't working, but I am streaming a Prince album right now.

edit: Log in page just worked, I signed in with the username and password I created, and it worked just fine, where are you trying to add the voucher code?

Yup, i can log into the site just fine. It says i don't have any subscriptions. Now when i try through Audirvana's preferences, it says login failed, user not allowed on premium content. If I hit "get it now" again, it says voucher retrieved successfully, warning: voucher already retrieved and today's date.

Yup, i can log into the site just fine. It says i don't have any subscriptions. Now when i try through Audirvana's preferences, it says login failed, user not allowed on premium content. If I hit "get it now" again, it says voucher retrieved successfully, warning: voucher already retrieved and today's date.

Have you reached out to Tidal and Damien?

No electron left behind.

Playlists creation, rename, delete, add tracks/albums to them (use the ... menu of tracks/albums for this), remove, reorder tracks in playlist

Thanks Miguelito

Where is this Menu of tracks/albums ? just see the top bar to switch display from Track to Album, but no Playlist.

I have a TIDAL folder in my Playlist list (left column) but did not figure out how to add albums.

Do you have to setup a local folder for TIDAL ? will the playlist be available in offline mode ?

Cheers

Frank

Frank

Thanks Miguelito

Where is this Menu of tracks/albums ? just see the top bar to switch display from Track to Album, but no Playlist.

I have a TIDAL folder in my Playlist list (left column) but did not figure out how to add albums.

Do you have to setup a local folder for TIDAL ? will the playlist be available in offline mode ?

Cheers

Frank

PS: When creating a Playlist via web browser connected to Tidal... I see my new Playlist in the TIDAL folder in the “Playlists” list.

The Audirvana contextual menu “Add To Playlist” on TIDAL Albums now shows my new playlist to add song/album. It seems that we have to create first playlist through TIDAL app and not Audirvana.

But still did not see anything to get the songs available when offline.

Frank

Frank

PS: When creating a Playlist via web browser connected to Tidal... I see my new Playlist in the TIDAL folder in the “Playlists” list.

The Audirvana contextual menu “Add To Playlist” on TIDAL Albums now shows my new playlist to add song/album. It seems that we have to create first playlist through TIDAL app and not Audirvana.

But still did not see anything to get the songs available when offline.

Frank

To create a TIDAL playlist in Audirvana Plus, you can right click on TIDAL in the playlists section, or if browsing anything from TIDAL, just use the File menu command "Add New Playlist" (or even the "+" menu command at the bottom left).

There is no offline mode in Audirvana Plus for TIDAL.

@ItalianMf9: The "already retrieved" message is only a warning message telling you the voucher code has already been retrieved. But this is not blocking and you can continue the process as it will be used for the TIDAL sign up page anyway. After TIDAL will give an error if it has already been used for a subscription. If this is not the case and you still get an error, don't hesitate to contact TIDAL.

Damien

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

@ItalianMf9: The "already retrieved" message is only a warning message telling you the voucher code has already been retrieved. But this is not blocking and you can continue the process as it will be used for the TIDAL sign up page anyway. After TIDAL will give an error if it has already been used for a subscription. If this is not the case and you still get an error, don't hesitate to contact TIDAL.

Damien

Thanks. I sent a message to TIDAL to see if they have any insight. I'll advise what I find out.

Damien, thank you; really enjoying the update. Having tried most of the alternatives, I've found Audirvana to be the best for me. The iOS app is great too.

One suggestion for a future release: in Artists, I'd like the ones that start with "The" to be sorted in the alphabetical order of the second word in the band name. What I mean is, The Rolling Stones should be sorted under R, not T. Similarly, The Beatles should be under B, and so on.

Thanks again.

not sure if A+ will use them (never tried as I'm fine with current sorting) but... "Sort" tags are there right for this: give those a try ;)

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > Metrum Acoustics Forte power amplifier (or  First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

Well, my previous problem with A+ not automatically syncing seems to have fixed itself somehow with 2.5. I say "somehow" because I don't believe Damien had done anything to address it (since not everyone, including himself, experienced it). In any case, all seems to be well again, and I'm a happy camper.

On another note (and I think someone else mentioned this before), whenever I make a change to embedded album art (via iTunes), the new artwork is not reflected in the album view of my library nor in the pane at the bottom of the window if I select the album; the previous artwork is displayed instead. However, if I play the album, the new artwork does display at the top of the window (to the left of the progress bar) and displays at full resolution if clicked. In order to get the new album art to display everywhere, I have to delete my music folder from Library Preferences and then re-add it. Sorry--I've been meaning to mention this for a while now, as it has existed for some time, but it's not a real biggie.

Thanks, as always, Damien, for your attention to this and for producing a great product!!!

MacBook Pro 2021 16” (M1 Pro, 16MB RAM, macOS Ventura) > Audirvana Origin > Pangea Audio USB-AG > Sony TA-ZH1ES > Nordost Heimdall 2 > Audeze LCD-3

Thanks for the tip. Will give that a try.

and if A+ doesn't support those yet... then it definitely should. Damien? ;)

headphones system:

Feature Request: Saved AudioFilters Presets

I'm sure this has been discussed in the past, but it would be really cool if we could setup a collection of parameters for forced up sampling, then save to a named preset. I like to switch between Minimum and Linear phase settings, based on the music to which I am listening. Would be great if we could switch quickly between some saved presets.

Loving the new version and the TIDAL integration...

"Play the volume as loud as you want - but don't touch my levels now. I got them set just the way I like 'em."

and if A+ doesn't support those yet... then it definitely should. Damien? ;)

It will, in upcoming 2.6 ;)