IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 2.5 with Tidal

wgscott

If you are on a Mac, there is a free, open source app called Audacity, which can do that easily, and so much more. It is indispensable for any audio enthusiast.

Thanks for your response. I should have been more specific. I meant on the fly. Clementine, for instance, has a stereo-to-mono button. Handy for some amateur LP and 78 rips. :-)

Brainworx's bx_solo is a plugin that will mix stereo down to mono and can be found here:

https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/products/bx_solo.html

The plugin itself is free, although you have to register on the site to activate it.

Thanks for your response. I should have been more specific. I meant on the fly. Clementine, for instance, has a stereo-to-mono button. Handy for some amateur LP and 78 rips. :-)
  • 2 weeks later...
You can then create two different libraries for Audirvana Plus.

The command to switch between the two is in the Library page of the preferences: change the Audirvana Plus Library database location.

You'll then have the two copies in two different folders.

Damien

I got this solved! Thank you!

Now I have another problem, after adding new music to the NAS library and (manually) synchronizing, A+ just does not add the new music but also duplicates every single preexisting track. My NAS library goes from 34K to 64K songs (only the metadata no the actual music files)! The only remedy that I have found is to delete the A+ library and start anew.

Please help, I am expending too much time troubleshooting and no much listening to music!

TIA,

JoseL

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi Guy

Bit of a slow thread? Anyway I will ask. What is your opinion of the sound quality in A+ and Tidal?

I have been running it for 2 days on my Stax 009s and my speaker setup and TBH I am struggling to detect many negatives. I have tried quite a few same tracks from Tidal v bought CD's which I have ripped to AIFFs. There seems no difference. In fact some of the Tidal masters seem better copies i.e. cleaned up version of the same mix of some Dance tracks for example. Quite possibly certain artists / studios might have 'revisited' some tracks and supplied a better copy? No idea, but there is a difference in some cases. Regardless there is a lot of remastered versions of the old school albums and that is nice. I had in the past re bought some favourite CDs and this seems to avoid having to do that.

I run an R-2R NOS DAC and don't upsample. I have had no issues so far on download speed. I am on fibre optical so 100 Meg. Tidal is loading the tracks roughly 3 times faster than play speed so far.

Now need to add up the sums and see if I can justify the cost per month of it....

My only gripe I suppose, besides the cost (bit steep) is the Tital search box in the website, it needs to be much more advanced. They also need to split up Gendres so have House music separated out of a huge Dance category for example. And the search facility really hits the buffers if you are looking for Classical material. And a 'learning' facility to auto custom load suggested material would be nice, can't think Classical fans are going to dig the Rap window everytime it loads up....

BUT otherwise very positive so far. It has been too long coming, a full rebook 1411kbps music streaming service that works. The Apple Music debacle and others need to watch out....

Spanish Distributor for Aries Cerat

Two Channel System: Aries Cerat Kassadra DAC, Aries Cerat Genus SET Integrated Amplifier, Plinius SA-103 Power Amplifier, Zingali Horns Client Name Evo 1.2.

Headphone system: Aries Cerat Kassadra DAC, Violectric V281 Headphone Amplifier, Audeze LCD4 2018, LCD2-Classic 2018.

Hi Guy

Bit of a slow thread? Anyway I will ask. What is your opinion of the sound quality in A+ and Tidal?

I have been running it for 2 days on my Stax 009s and my speaker setup and TBH I am struggling to detect many negatives. I have tried quite a few same tracks from Tidal v bought CD's which I have ripped to AIFFs. There seems no difference. In fact some of the Tidal masters seem better copies i.e. cleaned up version of the same mix of some Dance tracks for example. Quite possibly certain artists / studios might have 'revisited' some tracks and supplied a better copy? No idea, but there is a difference in some cases. Regardless there is a lot of remastered versions of the old school albums and that is nice. I had in the past re bought some favourite CDs and this seems to avoid having to do that.

I run an R-2R NOS DAC and don't upsample. I have had no issues so far on download speed. I am on fibre optical so 100 Meg. Tidal is loading the tracks roughly 3 times faster than play speed so far.

Now need to add up the sums and see if I can justify the cost per month of it....

My only gripe I suppose, besides the cost (bit steep) is the Tital search box in the website, it needs to be much more advanced. They also need to split up Gendres so have House music separated out of a huge Dance category for example. And the search facility really hits the buffers if you are looking for Classical material. And a 'learning' facility to auto custom load suggested material would be nice, can't think Classical fans are going to dig the Rap window everytime it loads up....

BUT otherwise very positive so far. It has been too long coming, a full rebook 1411kbps music streaming service that works. The Apple Music debacle and others need to watch out....

The reason this thread is slow is because there is a new thread on A+ 2.6 (and 3.0 is about to be released).

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Audiophile