IGNORED

SOtM smS-200 unveiled at Munich Hi-End

Elite Audio (UK)

SOtM sMS-200ultra (12v, silver internal DC cable, 75Ω external clock input),

SOtM tX-USBultra (12v, silver internal DC cable, 75Ω external clock input),

Singxer SU-1 (7v SOtM sCLK-EX, silver internal DC cable, 75Ω external clock input),

W4S DAC2v2 SE (SOtM sCLK-EX silver internal DC cable, 75Ω external clock input),

Mutec REF 10, Bryston BP6, Trinnov Altitude 32, 9 x Bryston 7B³s, B&W 800D3s, B&W HTM1 D3, 2 x Arendal Sub 3,

SOtM dCBL-CAT7 (ISO-CAT6 SE), SOtM eABS-200 installed on all components, JCAT NET Card FEMTO, mRendu, dCS Rossini DAC, Chord Hugo 2, Schitt Yggy, Chord Qutest (ordered for home office), UpTone ISO Regen, 5 x UpTone LPS-1s, 4 x PH SR4s, 5 x UpTone LPS-1.2s

no product page! (and not a single image loading on their website, but might be just a momentary fluke)

you preordered it taking a leap of faith? :|

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > Metrum Acoustics Forte power amplifier (or  First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

3 minutes ago, pl_svn said:

no product page! (and not a single image loading on their website, but might be just a momentary fluke)

you preordered it taking a leap of faith? :|

I think it's OK ;-) I recently bought an SMS-200 from them and received great service - good comms and prompt delivery.

I bought the Wyred 4 Sound DAC2v2SE and Recovery from them in the last couple of months.  The service has been perfect so far.

SOtM sMS-200ultra (12v, silver internal DC cable, 75Ω external clock input),

SOtM tX-USBultra (12v, silver internal DC cable, 75Ω external clock input),

Singxer SU-1 (7v SOtM sCLK-EX, silver internal DC cable, 75Ω external clock input),

W4S DAC2v2 SE (SOtM sCLK-EX silver internal DC cable, 75Ω external clock input),

Mutec REF 10, Bryston BP6, Trinnov Altitude 32, 9 x Bryston 7B³s, B&W 800D3s, B&W HTM1 D3, 2 x Arendal Sub 3,

SOtM dCBL-CAT7 (ISO-CAT6 SE), SOtM eABS-200 installed on all components, JCAT NET Card FEMTO, mRendu, dCS Rossini DAC, Chord Hugo 2, Schitt Yggy, Chord Qutest (ordered for home office), UpTone ISO Regen, 5 x UpTone LPS-1s, 4 x PH SR4s, 5 x UpTone LPS-1.2s

On 02/04/2017 at 9:40 AM, Em2016 said:

Hi May @MayfromSOtM

Is there a way to output PC audio to the SMS-200 when watching videos for example?

I have a microRendu and I can output my Windows 10 to my microRendu using ShairPort but the picture and sound are not in sync (latency = 250ms).

I asked Sonore and they said they are working on this for the microRendu but the sound quality will be limited to 16/48, similar to Shairport. This is fine for me when watching movies on my PC. I don't need super high quality audio for movies but I do need picture and sound to be in sync. When I need 24/192 music I can switch to Roon.

See Sonore's comment here: https://www.computeraudiophile.com/forums/topic/26730-sonore-microrendu/?do=findComment&comment=644471

As I mentioned on the Sonore thread, Dante have a program called 'Dante Virtual Sound Card' which is only $30 and installed on the PC and enables PC audio over IP to Dante ethernet endpoints. I would happily pay $30 for a 'SoTM Virtual Sound Card' :-)

You could just use the app switcher to change from Roon or DLNA mode to 'PC audio' mode.

A few people on the Sonore forum replied to my request saying they would be very interested in this feature, even if the PC audio output quality was limited to 16/48. I'm sure it would be popular for SMS-200 users too.

Can you ask your Engineering team to see if this is possible?

Looking forward to the release of the SMS-200 Ultra :-)

Thank you !

Would also like an answer to this question

5 minutes ago, p8t3l said:

Would also like an answer to this question

that's what the shairport mode on the sms-200 is for -- haven't done it but it should work.

(1) holo audio red (hqp naa) > chord dave > luxman cl-38uc/mq-88uc > kef reference 1
(2) simaudio moon mind 2 > chord qutest > luxman sq-n150 > monitor audio gold gx100
4 minutes ago, jcn3 said:

that's what the shairport mode on the sms-200 is for -- haven't done it but it should work.

Ahh okay im learning :)

does it sync though?

anyone tried watching movies on there pc and outputting sound from there sms to dac via sharepoint?

thanks

Vish

10 hours ago, Bamber said:

Just pre-ordered a sMS-200 Ultra.  If it sounds good I may order the tX-USBUltra to replace the W4S Recovery.

I will probably order a Paul Hynes SR7 2 rail or possibly the 4 rail version.

Where did you pre-order it from?

Vinnie Rossi LIO (AVC/Tubestage, AMP Module with built in HPF 100Hz 24dB/octave, DAC 2.0), Harbeth P3ESR, Rythmik F8

Win10 i7-7700 -> Roon -> HQPlayer DSD512- > LIO 100Hz HPF -> Harbeth P3ESR

->LIO  -> miniDSP <100Hz -> Rythmik F8  

16 minutes ago, p8t3l said:

does it sync though?

have no idea -- my guess is that synching audio/video would be an issue.

remember that this is not the use case for the design of the sms-200 and other similar products -- they were designed with only music in mind.

(1) holo audio red (hqp naa) > chord dave > luxman cl-38uc/mq-88uc > kef reference 1
(2) simaudio moon mind 2 > chord qutest > luxman sq-n150 > monitor audio gold gx100
2 minutes ago, jcn3 said:

have no idea -- my guess is that synching audio/video would be an issue.

remember that this is not the use case for the design of the sms-200 and other similar products -- they were designed with only music in mind.

Of course, yes, made for music!     i will be using it for music 90% of the time.

sometimes i want to relax and watch a movie from my pc, and since the sms will take the usb space from my dac, audio video sync would be my only problem/concern

Hi @MayfromSOtM I have just tried to upgrade from version 3.6 to 3.7 on my sms-200...The upgrade said it was complete and I selected the reboot button. After a very long time there was still no response and the sms-200 would not reboot...So I have just started to reflash the SD card again back to version 3.5.

I am wondering if perhaps I have a faulty SD card or something? Any ideas?

Thanks

Bricki

1 hour ago, Bricki said:

Hi @MayfromSOtM I have just tried to upgrade from version 3.6 to 3.7 on my sms-200...The upgrade said it was complete and I selected the reboot button. After a very long time there was still no response and the sms-200 would not reboot...So I have just started to reflash the SD card again back to version 3.5.

I am wondering if perhaps I have a faulty SD card or something? Any ideas?

Thanks

Bricki

I have had this happen with a couple of updates but it was always solved by using the reset button on the unit.

I have also noticed that for some reason the TCP/IP address would change after the update.

The last time it occurred I was watching the network connections and noted that during the reboot procedure the TCP/IP address did change but after using the reset button the address returned to the original one.

5 hours ago, ClothEars said:

I have had this happen with a couple of updates but it was always solved by using the reset button on the unit.

I have also noticed that for some reason the TCP/IP address would change after the update.

The last time it occurred I was watching the network connections and noted that during the reboot procedure the TCP/IP address did change but after using the reset button the address returned to the original one.

Hmmmmm... Interesting.. I did try the reset button but only after unplugging and replugging my lps1 into the sms-200.. Still couldn't get the Web page to load and the Ethernet port (going to my sms200) on my switch was showing a red light... I am back on version 3.5 now after copying the image back to the sd card and I am reluctant to do anymore updates ?

2 hours ago, Bricki said:

Hmmmmm... Interesting.. I did try the reset button but only after unplugging and replugging my lps1 into the sms-200.. Still couldn't get the Web page to load and the Ethernet port (going to my sms200) on my switch was showing a red light... I am back on version 3.5 now after copying the image back to the sd card and I am reluctant to do anymore updates ?

How was LEDs at front?

39 minutes ago, Bricki said:

Only the power LED was on... The activity LED was off the whole time after I selected the reboot button after the 3.7 upgrade 

Have you tried upgrade again from V0.3.5? LEDs may be off when the sd card was corrupted. But you're LED was on. How about V0.3.5 though? working?

On 2017/4/25 at 5:07 PM, Bamber said:

Just pre-ordered a sMS-200 Ultra.  If it sounds good I may order the tX-USBUltra to replace the W4S Recovery.

I will probably order a Paul Hynes SR7 2 rail or possibly the 4 rail version.

So you will put tx UsbUltra follows sms200 Ultra, right?

9 hours ago, sotm.kim said:

Have you tried upgrade again from V0.3.5? LEDs may be off when the sd card was corrupted. But you're LED was on. How about V0.3.5 though? working?

Yeah I copied the version 3.5 image back to the sd card and everything is working well on version 3.5. I haven't tried updating from 3.5 again yet, I'll report back here in a few days when I get a chance to try the update button again. 

On 2017. 4. 29. at 5:23 AM, Bricki said:

Yeah I copied the version 3.5 image back to the sd card and everything is working well on version 3.5. I haven't tried updating from 3.5 again yet, I'll report back here in a few days when I get a chance to try the update button again. 

OK. Could you please email to SOtM for the result?

HI SOtM team,

Now that the tx-USBUltra is out, any update on the SPS-500 release date and price? I have an SMS-200 powered by an iFi iPower and waiting on an LPS ... hoping that the SPS-500 will be as good as the LPS-1 ...