IGNORED

SOtM smS-200 unveiled at Munich Hi-End

9 hours ago, rickca said:

@MayfromSOtM I would like to understand what is so special about the design of the sCLK-EX that makes it such an expensive item.  Does it not use off-the-shelf components like oscillators from Crystek or similar OEM?  

Hi rickaca, 

sCLK-EX is the super clock module developed and designed by our own technology, it will replace any clock(oscillators) on your any digital audio device. By replacing the current clock to the sCLK-EX, you would hear the different level of sound. Please check some pictures on our website, http://www.sotm-audio.com/sotmwp/english/portfolio-item/sclk-ex/#toggle-id-2, it is just an example and clocks on any digital audio device can be replaced by the sCLK-EX.

Thank you.

Best regards, MAy

1 hour ago, MayfromSOtM said:

Hi rickaca, 

sCLK-EX is the super clock module developed and designed by our own technology, it will replace any clock(oscillators) on your any digital audio device. By replacing the current clock to the sCLK-EX, you would hear the different level of sound. Please check some pictures on our website, http://www.sotm-audio.com/sotmwp/english/portfolio-item/sclk-ex/#toggle-id-2, it is just an example and clocks on any digital audio device can be replaced by the sCLK-EX.

Thank you.

Best regards, MAy

Doesn't the DAC reclock the signal?

So does it really matter what clock is used prior.

15 minutes ago, alice said:

Doesn't the DAC reclock the signal?

So does it really matter what clock is used prior.

Since you have a USB Regen, which is a USB reclocker, then you might already know the answer to your question.  A good clock can make a pretty big difference.

2 minutes ago, romaz said:

Since you have a USB Regen, which is a USB reclocker, then you might already know the answer to your question.  A good clock can make a pretty big difference.

The regen is just not a reclocker.

In my system it regenerates the data signal and also add power directly as I have the USB power off at the sotm USB pcie card.

16 minutes ago, alice said:

The regen is just not a reclocker.

In my system it regenerates the data signal and also add power directly as I have the USB power off at the sotm USB pcie card.

Nonetheless, it has a very good clock.  Any signal that is regenerated has to be reclocked.  From your router to your DAC, there are probably at least a dozen reclockings that take place.  Bad clocks have the opportunity to cause harm but good clocks can repair harm that has been caused.

All modern DACs use asynchronous USB these days meaning timing comes from the DAC and not the source and so you'll have to ask yourself if the clocks before a DAC don't matter, why would SOtM charge an extra $700 for a better clock for their Ultra line (and the clock is literally the only difference) and why people who have purchased the various Ultra products have had such positive comments if these clocks make no difference?  Same thing goes for the soon to be released Iso Regen by Uptone which offers an even better Crystek clock than the original USB Regen that you have.  If clocks made no difference, why would Uptone bother to put a better clock in it? 

On 2017. 4. 14. at 11:16 PM, Dr Tone said:

I see the Wyred 4 Sound Dac-2 DSD is listed as DSD256 compatible.  Is the Wyred 4 Sound DAC-2V2SE?

I cannot tell you full exact DAC name but I can tell you USB ID of that DAC. Vendor ID is 0x20b1, product ID is 0x0002 for Wyred 4 Sound DAC-2 DSD. Do you know IDs of Wyred 4 Sound DAC-2V2SE?

9 hours ago, tboooe said:

Can anyone please verify that the latest update supports native DSD with the Singxer SU-1?  Pretty please?

For now, 'Singxer F-1 converter board' is supported. Do you have Singxer SU-1's USB information? We can try to enable that DAC if we have USB information of it. 

6 minutes ago, sotm.kim said:

For now, 'Singxer F-1 converter board' is supported. Do you have Singxer SU-1's USB information? We can try to enable that DAC if we have USB information of it. 

The USB id of the Singxer SU-2 is 20b1:3086

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

3 hours ago, sotm.kim said:

What did you see in upgrade page? Can you screen shot it for me?

Problem solved : I forgot that my SOTM200 is directly connected to my audio-server and can not see my router. After connecting the SOTM200 directly to my router the updates went OK.

Maybe it would be nice if the SOTM200 would report an error message like "can not reach internet" or "internet connection timed out" when trying to look for updates in this situation.

Check my profile for my audiosystem.

7 hours ago, sotm.kim said:

I cannot tell you full exact DAC name but I can tell you USB ID of that DAC. Vendor ID is 0x20b1, product ID is 0x0002 for Wyred 4 Sound DAC-2 DSD. Do you know IDs of Wyred 4 Sound DAC-2V2SE?

No I don't I'm just researching a new DAC, and would like it to work with the sMS-200.

Roon Rock->Auralic Aria G2->Schiit Yggdrasil A2->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301 Monos->Wilson Audio Sabrinas

On 14/04/2017 at 1:57 PM, MayfromSOtM said:

Hi Bricki, 

I also did upgraded the F/W for testing and it takes around 11mins at my end.

Have a great weekend.

Best regards, May

Thankyou very much for your help May.. I have copied the v3.5 image onto the sd card and then updated to version 3.6 and it took almost exactly 11 mins ??. Now I am back listening to the wonderful, wonderful sound of the sms-200 .. I am using roon on a sonicTransporter with a battery powered Ethernet switch and powering the sms-200 with an lps1 with chord mojo as a dac..in the mean time I was listening to my yamaha CD player via optical toslink into chord mojo... The sms-200 setup by comparison is simply magical! A far more open sound with clearly defined images, more relaxed yet more dynamic... Enormous space between instruments... Just better in every way ??

Thanks again 

On 4/11/2017 at 7:08 PM, MayfromSOtM said:

Hi, I'm assuming that "dX-USB HD with installing sCLK-EX1322/24 or sCLK22/24" would fit your request, the standard dX-USB HD(USB to AES/EBU, Coaxial and Optical outputs) costs US$450, and if you would add the sCLK-2224, the extra US$500 is required, and if you would add the sCLK-EX132224, the extra US$750 is required. 

Thank you!

Hi MAy,

What do these numbers signify? 132224 and 2224?

5 minutes ago, austinpop said:

Hi MAy,

What do these numbers signify? 132224 and 2224?

I should have looked at the specs. If I understand correctly, each pair of digits signify a frequency, and with the sCLK-EX, you could have 4 independent clocks, so upto 8 digits to specify the frequencies of all 4 clock lines.

1 minute ago, austinpop said:

I should have looked at the specs. If I understand correctly, each pair of digits signify a frequency, and with the sCLK-EX, you could have 4 independent clocks, so upto 8 digits to specify the frequencies of all 4 clock lines.

Yes, those numbers signify a frequency, here is an example,

sCLK-EX XX XX XX XX M50/75

sCLK-EX ① ② ③ ④ M⑤ ⑥ 

- ①    A frequency for Clock output 1 (U.FL)
- ②    A frequency for Clock output 2 (U.FL)
- ③    A frequency for Clock output 3 (U.FL)
- ④    A frequency for Clock output 4 (U.FL)
- ⑤    When adding 50Ω Master clock
- ⑥    When adding 75Ω Master clock

If you would use the sCLK-EX for the device which has 24 & 12 Mhz frequencies and tX-USBexp(48Mhz),  it can be sCLK-EX241248.

Thank you.

Best regards, MAy

On 4/16/2017 at 8:22 PM, MayfromSOtM said:

Hi rickaca, 

Thank you.

Best regards, MAy

Thanks, I already understood this from the material on your website.  I was hoping for more technical information.  

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

Just pre-ordered a sMS-200 Ultra.  If it sounds good I may order the tX-USBUltra to replace the W4S Recovery.

I will probably order a Paul Hynes SR7 2 rail or possibly the 4 rail version.

SOtM sMS-200ultra (12v, silver internal DC cable, 75Ω external clock input),

SOtM tX-USBultra (12v, silver internal DC cable, 75Ω external clock input),

Singxer SU-1 (7v SOtM sCLK-EX, silver internal DC cable, 75Ω external clock input),

W4S DAC2v2 SE (SOtM sCLK-EX silver internal DC cable, 75Ω external clock input),

Mutec REF 10, Bryston BP6, Trinnov Altitude 32, 9 x Bryston 7B³s, B&W 800D3s, B&W HTM1 D3, 2 x Arendal Sub 3,

SOtM dCBL-CAT7 (ISO-CAT6 SE), SOtM eABS-200 installed on all components, JCAT NET Card FEMTO, mRendu, dCS Rossini DAC, Chord Hugo 2, Schitt Yggy, Chord Qutest (ordered for home office), UpTone ISO Regen, 5 x UpTone LPS-1s, 4 x PH SR4s, 5 x UpTone LPS-1.2s