IGNORED

SOtM smS-200 unveiled at Munich Hi-End

On 12/04/2017 at 2:08 AM, MayfromSOtM said:

Hi, I'm assuming that "dX-USB HD with installing sCLK-EX1322/24 or sCLK22/24" would fit your request, the standard dX-USB HD(USB to AES/EBU, Coaxial and Optical outputs) costs US$450, and if you would add the sCLK-2224, the extra US$500 is required, and if you would add the sCLK-EX132224, the extra US$750 is required. 

Thank you!

Hi May,

Is the sCLK-EX132224 the super-extra clock Roy has been brilliantly promoting ;) on this forum ?

Have you had the opportunity to compare your dX-USB HD with this new clock to the Mutec MC-3+ USB which offers the same kind of functionalities ?

When using such a converter, is it still useful to make the upgrade from sMS-200 to sMS-200 Ultra ?

Thanks in advance :)

G'day @MayfromSOtM

I seem to have bricked my sms-200...the 3.6 update page came up and I selected update now, then it seemed to freeze so I tried refreshing the web browser and then there was no activity for about 5-10 mins...so I tried again and then I had to unplug the sms-200 to try and reboot...I have tried to reboot by plugging and unplugging over several hours and now I only get the power on LED and the activity LED doesn't flash at all...my ethernet switch has a red light for the port going to the sms-200 now.

Are there any other options to try? a factory reset button?

I had just pressed the upgrade button when I saw your post. It does seem to be taking a huge amount of time to load. It looks like it's stuck at 39% downloaded. That's been there for 30 minutes now. I'll have to reboot and try again.

58f026e2f4040_ScreenShot2017-04-14at9_32_54am.thumb.png.538e6ee2c7dbac971a30afe33aa92745.png

2 hours ago, Bricki said:

G'day @MayfromSOtM

I seem to have bricked my sms-200...the 3.6 update page came up and I selected update now, then it seemed to freeze so I tried refreshing the web browser and then there was no activity for about 5-10 mins...so I tried again and then I had to unplug the sms-200 to try and reboot...I have tried to reboot by plugging and unplugging over several hours and now I only get the power on LED and the activity LED doesn't flash at all...my ethernet switch has a red light for the port going to the sms-200 now.

Are there any other options to try? a factory reset button?

Good day Bricki,

Please try to re-install the image file by following the instruction below. 

http://docs.sotm-audio.com/doku.php?id=en:eunhasu:burn_sdcard_image

Thank you

Best regards, May

17 hours ago, SwissBear said:

Hi May,

Is the sCLK-EX132224 the super-extra clock Roy has been brilliantly promoting ;) on this forum ?

Have you had the opportunity to compare your dX-USB HD with this new clock to the Mutec MC-3+ USB which offers the same kind of functionalities ?

When using such a converter, is it still useful to make the upgrade from sMS-200 to sMS-200 Ultra ?

Thanks in advance :)

Hi SwissBear, 

I haven't had a chance to compare the dX-USB HD with the Mutec MC-3+USB, sorry about it.

But I can assure that even though your system is good enough with either of the converters, the sMS-200ultra would bring the better sonic improvement than using the sMS-200 alone. since the installed sCLK-EX to sMS-200ultra is to enhance sound quality.

Thank you very much.

Best regards,May

On 3/31/2017 at 5:23 PM, ElviaCaprice said:

For $990, tX-USB Ultra without the clock and $1200 w/clock, I think one has to question, as Romaz commenting before, is this clock overkill for ones DAC.  If your DAC clocking is inferior to the new Ultra s-clk EX, then this option is probably overkill.???

If I had a DAVE, okay, might make sense.  But a 2Qute I paid $900 for?  Probably not.

Well I just got a tX-USB Ultra and it works like a charm with my Brooklyn DAC, I am not sure how good the clock of the Brooklyn is. You can read more about my system and impressions so far here

1 hour ago, MayfromSOtM said:

And please use Chrome or Safari browser when using Eunhaus rather than using Internet explorer.

Thank you.

Best regards, May

Thanks for your help May. Yeah I am using chrome.

I will away for a few days, so I will try reflashing the SD card when I get back. I'll let you know how I go.

Thanks again

Bricki

17 minutes ago, Bricki said:

Thanks for your help May. Yeah I am using chrome.

I will away for a few days, so I will try reflashing the SD card when I get back. I'll let you know how I go.

Thanks again

Bricki

Hi Bricki, 

I also did upgraded the F/W for testing and it takes around 11mins at my end.

Have a great weekend.

Best regards, May

3 minutes ago, greenleo said:

One is a DDC (output in other physical connector) while txUltra is an USB regen (input is USB and output is again USB) according to the Sotm website.  They are very different.

thanks, much appreciated @greenleo. Not sure what DDC stands for, but I understand that the dX works like my Mutec MC3+ USB then while the tXUltra purifies the USB signal if I've understood you correctly.

@MayfromSOtM I would like to understand what is so special about the design of the sCLK-EX that makes it such an expensive item.  Does it not use off-the-shelf components like oscillators from Crystek or similar OEM?  

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

11 minutes ago, pam1975 said:

thanks, much appreciated @greenleo. Not sure what DDC stands for, but I understand that the dX works like my Mutec MC3+ USB then while the tXUltra purifies the USB signal if I've understood you correctly.

Exactly...the dx is an USB to spdif converter while the tx-USBultra regenerates the USB signal and outputs a USB signal. If you're happy with the Mutec MC3+USB and committed to not using USB with your DAC, you're set. 

ChrisG

Bend, OR

3 hours ago, ChrisG said:

Exactly...the dx is an USB to spdif converter while the tx-USBultra regenerates the USB signal and outputs a USB signal. If you're happy with the Mutec MC3+USB and committed to not using USB with your DAC, you're set. 

Hi,

Doesn't the Mutec also convert to SPDIF COAX, as well as reclock? I am not commenting on SQ of either. The F-1 is 1 of the cheapest converters out there. 

For me, it's the one that is the standard to beat. 

Cheers

Can anyone please verify that the latest update supports native DSD with the Singxer SU-1?  Pretty please?

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

@MayfromSOtM

My SOTM200 version is V3.3. If I want to update it (Chrome browser), after several minutes a message comes back that V3.3 is up-to-date and no newer version is needed. If I look above in this thread then I notice that there is a newer version. What is going on?

Check my profile for my audiosystem.

25 minutes ago, Peter_T said:

@MayfromSOtM

My SOTM200 version is V3.3. If I want to update it (Chrome browser), after several minutes a message comes back that V3.3 is up-to-date and no newer version is needed. If I look above in this thread then I notice that there is a newer version. What is going on?

I'm not May, but 3.6 is the current version. Have you tried rebooting to see if it changes anything?

ChrisG

Bend, OR

2 hours ago, Albrecht said:

Hi,

Doesn't the Mutec also convert to SPDIF COAX, as well as reclock? I am not commenting on SQ of either. The F-1 is 1 of the cheapest converters out there. 

For me, it's the one that is the standard to beat. 

Cheers

Yes, the Mutec also reclocks which is why I said if he is happy with it, then he's all set. I didn't think getting into the feature set of the SOtM made sense at that point. As for the F-1, I hope it is as good as you say because I just ordered one for my office system. 

ChrisG

Bend, OR

8 hours ago, pam1975 said:

Hi pam1975m 

The DDC stands for a Digital to Digital Converter, dX-USB HD takes USB signal and output to AES/EBU, Coaxial and Optical. While the tX-USBultra takes USB signal and regenerate, reclock, reduce jitters and output to USB again

Best regards, May