IGNORED

SOtM smS-200 unveiled at Munich Hi-End

On 2017. 5. 21. at 8:53 PM, kopelli said:

Hello, have been following the forums for years but this is my first post.

I have a Chord QuteHD which is currently fed from a PC. I am now thinking of getting the SMS-200 or SMS-200 ultra, when it becomes available, to use as the source. Can someone please advise whether the QuteHD (which requires drivers for Mac) would work with it or would I need a usb-to-spdif converter in between such as the iFi iLink?

Thanks in advance

As I know Chord GuteHD is supporting Linux OS and also USB Audio class 2.0, so it will work okay with sMS-200 or sMS-200ultra. If not, you can use the device like as dX-USB HD which is the same as the USB to other digital signal converter between them.

Thank you.

On 2017. 5. 23. at 5:02 AM, guillaume31 said:

Hi all,

everyone seems to experience no issues at all with setting-up the sMS-200 but unfortunately I do not belong to this category :( in fact, I just spent 3 hours trying to set it up with no tangible result :( 

The sMS-200 is connected to a router and so is my NAS QNAP HS-251+. The sMS-200 is then connected to my Ayre QB-9 DSD DAC via USB.

I successfully upgraded the sMS-200 FW to the lastest version but I am completely stuck on the "Library config" step. Whatever I enter into this app in Eunhasu is not saved which leads me to believe it does not recognize the server path.

I'm told to enter the path in this format: "//server/path" or "//IP/path" but I tried several different configurations and nothing is working. Could anyone guide me how to find the exact path name or tell me what I am doing wrong ?

Thanks a lot ! :)

Hi guillaume31, got an answer from Sanghoon Lee by email?

On 2017. 5. 23. at 3:15 PM, welldone said:

Hi guys,

In terms of SQ, is there any differences when we use Wifi and wire connection?

Yes, there are many sound quality differences and I prefer the wire connection. In some setups, the wireless sounds better because the network connection is not well arranged. But for my setup, the wireless connection sounds a bit dry.

Thank you.

On 2017. 5. 27. at 9:51 PM, hkfootie said:

Hi @MayfromSOtM

Is there an upgrade path for tX-USBhub?

Hi, hkfootie

you can add the sCLK-12.0 or sCLK-EX12.0 to the tX-USBhub,, not sure your might be the internal ver. or external ver, but you can connect the super clock module to either of tX-USBhub for the upgrade.

And also try using the good power supply and the USB cable for the upgrade too.

Thank you.

Best regards, MAy

9 minutes ago, MayfromSOtM said:

Hi, hkfootie

you can add the sCLK-12.0 or sCLK-EX12.0 to the tX-USBhub,, not sure your might be the internal ver. or external ver, but you can connect the super clock module to either of tX-USBhub for the upgrade.

And also try using the good power supply and the USB cable for the upgrade too.

Thank you.

Best regards, MAy

Hi May,

Thanks for your reply. I have the external version.  Which clock is the same as the tx-usbultra ?  What is the procedure for the upgrade? Thanks 

40 minutes ago, hkfootie said:

Hi May,

Thanks for your reply. I have the external version.  Which clock is the same as the tx-usbultra ?  What is the procedure for the upgrade? Thanks 

You can add the sCLK-EX 12.0 to the tX-USBhubEX. Can you give me your system information?

I would make the better recommendation to use the sCLK-EX if you can describe of your current system, can you please email me directly? [email protected]

Thank you.

Best regards, May

On 2017. 5. 26. at 0:22 PM, Vangelis said:

I've had a MicroRendu and was using it as an UPnP home renderer set up as bubble UPnP  so I could stream Tidal with no problem.  Today I installed SOtM SMS-200 but I can't for the life of me figure out how to configure a bubble on it.  I had some advice earlier saying it should be configured on my LUMIN controler app.  I would think the SOTM would be configured through eunhasu  in the same way that MicroRendu requires the Sonre web configurer to set up a bubble UPnP.  Any help would be appreciated 

You'd like to use MPD/DLNA service. After the service started, you can see the name of device in the LUMIN app and Bubble UPnP controller app.

On 2017. 5. 21. at 8:08 PM, pam1975 said:

do you guys know if there are any plans to have Spotify Connect in the sMS200 ultra like it is anticipated in the upcoming ultrarendu?

Now we SOtM is researching the service. But not has fixed plan yet.

1 hour ago, MayfromSOtM said:

The main difference between sMS-200 and the sMS-200ultra is made by the super clock module, sCLK-EX installation.

Thank you.

Can an sMS-200 be upgraded to the sMS-200ultra if we send it back to the factory?  If not, is there a trade in?  

W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > Roon (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

Watch my Podcast https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos

44 minutes ago, jtwrace said:

Can an sMS-200 be upgraded to the sMS-200ultra if we send it back to the factory?  If not, is there a trade in?  

we are planning to announce about the sMS-200ultra for whom owns the sMS-200, it will be more likely generating a specific amount of coupon to upgrade the current sMS-200 to sMS-200ultra, but we haven't completed the plan yet, so please wait a bit more, it will be announced in this week.

You can add the sCLK-EX 12.0 to the tX-USBhubEX. Can you give me your system information?

I would make the better recommendation to use the sCLK-EX if you can describe of your current system, can you please email me directly? [email protected]

Thank you.

Best regards, May

Thanks May.  Will email you directly. Thanks

we are planning to announce about the sMS-200ultra for whom owns the sMS-200, it will be more likely generating a specific amount of coupon to upgrade the current sMS-200 to sMS-200ultra, but we haven't completed the plan yet, so please wait a bit more, it will be announced in this week.

It sounds great! Look foward to hearing from you soon. Thanks.

On 2017-5-29 at 11:41 AM, MayfromSOtM said:

Hi May,

I've got a txUSBUltra already.  If I sent it back to you and

1. buy a sMS-200 and then upgrade it to the Ultra Version,

2. Buy your PCIe USB3.0 and then upgrade it to the Ultra Version,

3. Buy another txUSB and then upgrade it to the Ultra Version,

how much for each of the options?

On 5/28/2017 at 6:15 PM, MayfromSOtM said:

Yes, there are many sound quality differences and I prefer the wire connection. In some setups, the wireless sounds better because the network connection is not well arranged. But for my setup, the wireless connection sounds a bit dry.

Thank you.

Do you have measurements that show this?

TT VPI Prime Signature/Benz Micro LP-S DACs Lampizator Golden Atlantic, Lampizator Euforia DSD Preamps Mac C500T, Mac MX121 Amps Mac MC75 60th Ann. (*2), Mac MC205, Glenn 300B Speakers Dynaudio C1 Platinum, B&W 804S Headphones LCD-3, LCD-4
Mobile: AK240, Shure 846
On 29/05/2017 at 2:08 AM, MayfromSOtM said:

As I know Chord GuteHD is supporting Linux OS and also USB Audio class 2.0, so it will work okay with sMS-200 or sMS-200ultra. If not, you can use the device like as dX-USB HD which is the same as the USB to other digital signal converter between them.

Thank you.

Thank you May for your response

Today I tried to amend my playlists on the SMS-200 the usual way by accessing the M3U files via Windows Notebook over the network.  To my surprise I could not find "Eunhasu" on my network.  I checked the TCP/IP address was the same (which it was), and it shows up on my router software as being present, but not in Windows Explorer.  I have always been able to access the SD Card on the SMS-200 this way but not now.

@MayfromSOtM

Were there any changes in V3.8 that may have caused this?  Has anyone else had this problem?

Nothing has changed on my system except the update to Eunhasu version 3.8 so what gives???

31 minutes ago, jtwrace said:

I don't find the sMS-200 to sMS-200ultra offer at all appealing.  I'm not doing it, that's for sure!  

Not sure what they are trying to acomplish. Maybe it makes sense for those who live in Korea.

Anyhow, it is not uncommon to get no product upgrade path at all so I would say do it the old way: sell your current model and found the new one with what that.

...or skip the purchase of Ultra.

Vinnie Rossi LIO (AVC/Tubestage, AMP Module with built in HPF 100Hz 24dB/octave, DAC 2.0), Harbeth P3ESR, Rythmik F8

Win10 i7-7700 -> Roon -> HQPlayer DSD512- > LIO 100Hz HPF -> Harbeth P3ESR

->LIO  -> miniDSP <100Hz -> Rythmik F8  

@MayfromSOtM the press release for sCLK-EX said

Extra cost required if you request us or a shop to modify your current system to work with sCLK-EX. Min.US$25 per a point will be required

Now it looks like the switch clock mod costs $300 and a 2nd clock point mod costs $150.  What happened to $25?  That's the price that @romaz reported he paid per clock point.

I know the switch mod now includes an SOtM-sourced switch and you replace regulators/capacitors.  I still think I have a valid question.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's