IGNORED

Audirvana 2.4 + remote app 1.5

Hi Damien, thinking ahead to the microRendu which I'll probably buy later this year, is there a chance you will beef up Audirvana's server functionality to allow it to work better with the microRendu? I know that Audirvana can stream audio via AirPlay, but unless I'm mistaken, AirPlay is limited to 16/44 and doesn't work with DoP. Could a UPnP/DLNA server or NAA functionality be in Audirvana's future?

It would be much easier if only Apple could allow Airplay for 24/96 files (one can dream about a new revolutionary "one more thing" during a "special event"...)

Roon / audio-linux / dual PC / I2s FGPA Dac / analog tube processor / analog tube crossover / active speakers / dual subs / absorption+massive diffusion / ugly cat in the room

Just discovered the iOS update, and it's a huge leap forward in terms of a usability. Thanks!

Not quite done, though...

GROUPS: You can see groups in all the various album views, but what can you actually do with them? As far as I can tell, you can't actually play them. We need the little °°° control thing in the grey 'group' bars, just as they appear for albums and tracks. (I'd like to see groups in list/track view as well… but I almost never use list views when album view is available, so it's not a priority.)

PLAYLISTS: For that matter, what you do with a playlist? OK: I use them as a database tool organising my library, and now that they have album view they're great for that. But what if I just want to play the playlist?

COMPOSER: It's not just another db field! Please, can we have a Composer view like the Artist view. (Get your little stick-figure artist dude to put down his baton, and sit with a pen…) And while we're at it, both Artist and Composer views have same comments as playlist views: great for finding stuff, but I'd like to be able to play them as well. (My whole list of Arnold Bax becomes a cool playlist for an afternoon. Or I could click play in the Bach view, and not come up for air for a month…)

SHUFFLE: For those of us in countries that Qobuz won't provide streaming to… All of my playlists and the Artist views and Composer views would make much better radio if I didn't always hear them in the same order. Every view needs PLAY and SHUFFLE PLAY controls. And the biggie: shuffle must have the option to shuffle by GROUP or by ALBUM. (Don't listen to 'tunes' much… I'd use shuffle, but whole pieces, not random tracks.)

Thanks!Brandon

Version 2.4 and it still *still* doesn't remember the selected playlist when you re-launch the app. Come on! :(

This works on mine, but I have A+ running on my Mini for this to work.

Late 2012 Mac Mini > Audirvana+3 > iFi Zen Stream > Heimdall 2 USB >  iFi iDSD Micro BL > Pass Labs INT-30A > DeVore The Nines! + REL Strata III

Well-Tempered Amadeus Benz ACE SL > Pass Labs XOno

"Water is the most critical resource issue of our lifetime and our children's lifetime. The health of our waters is the principal measure of how we live on the land." - Luna Leopold

Works, ans has always worked here...

(hackintosh + history of 3 Mac Mini's)

Roon / audio-linux / dual PC / I2s FGPA Dac / analog tube processor / analog tube crossover / active speakers / dual subs / absorption+massive diffusion / ugly cat in the room

I don't follow. What do you mean by "running on my Mini" and why is that a pre-condition for it to work? It doesn't work (and has never worked with any 2.x version) on my both MacBookPro and my MacBookAir.

The A+ program needs to be running on the mac for the remote to be able to display the last playlist used. When this is true, then the playlist history between remote app and full app always sync IME.

Late 2012 Mac Mini > Audirvana+3 > iFi Zen Stream > Heimdall 2 USB >  iFi iDSD Micro BL > Pass Labs INT-30A > DeVore The Nines! + REL Strata III

"Water is the most critical resource issue of our lifetime and our children's lifetime. The health of our waters is the principal measure of how we live on the land." - Luna Leopold

A+ has always (as far as I remember, but for sure since v2.0) opened where left, on my Mac

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > Metrum Acoustics Forte power amplifier (or  First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

Oh, Im not talking about the iPad remote app at all. I'm only talking about the app on the Mac.

Hmm, then I'm confused. The full app IME has not only recalled the most recent playlist, but even starts at the last played song when restarting the program. Since v1.x IIRC.

This is currently true for each install of A+ on separate computers at my place, so long as all installs point to the same library and shared file locations (like playlists).

Maybe it's something about settings I upgraded from 1.x, and this is an edge case that I'm tripping. I'm happy to help Damien debug this if he's interested. Glad it's working for everyone else, I'm jealous.

Maybe you can try to trash your Audirvana preferences, or put them out of the preferences folder after closing the app.

Then starting A+ again will ask you new settings and maybe remember them after ???

Home folder, library, preferences... com.audirvana.Audirvana-Plus.plist

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

Maybe you can try to trash your Audirvana preferences, or put them out of the preferences folder after closing the app.

Then starting A+ again will ask you new settings and maybe remember them after ???

Home folder, library, preferences... com.audirvana.Audirvana-Plus.plist

Tried that, still not remembering the selection in the sidebar.

Tried that, still not remembering the selection in the sidebar.

A+ Has never (For me) remember the location when I closed the A+.. It always revert back to "Library"

Just for music:Mac Mini 2.3 GHz Intel Core i5 60GB SSD, 16GB RAM (Mid 2011) OS X El Capitan 10.11.3 > WD NAS 6TB > Audirvana+>Roon Server > HQPlayer >iPad for Roon Remote> Teac UD-503 DAC > Audio Quest Cinnamon USB cable > Cambridge Audio Azur 840C > Cambridge Audio Azur 840A > Polk LSi 15 > DIY Speaker Cables.

why don't you try a minimalist OS X on SD card ?

with Audirvana installed on it.

I remembered that my secondary SSD is mostly unused, so I didn't need an SD card. Unfortunately a clean minimal install of OS X 10.10.5 and Audirvana Plus 2.4 didn't solve my distortion/stuttering problem (and the problem with redundant full library resynchronisations appeared upon the second launch of the application and continued with subsequent launches). At least, now I know the problem isn't with my particular installation/setup.

"It is commonly accepted amongst authentic libertines that the sensations communicated by the organs of hearing are the most flattering and those impressions are the liveliest" (Donatien Alphonse François de Sade)

Just discovered the iOS update, and it's a huge leap forward in terms of a usability.... Thanks!

All of my playlists and the Artist views and Composer views would make much better radio if I didn't always hear them in the same order. Every view needs PLAY and SHUFFLE PLAY controls. And the biggie: shuffle must have the option to shuffle by GROUP or by ALBUM. (Don't listen to 'tunes' much… I'd use shuffle, but whole pieces, not random tracks.)

Thanks!Brandon

I agree. I have always noticed that the 'shuffle' option is not a true random shuffle. I keep hearing tracks in the same order. I nearly always use 'shuffle' to listen to my playlists, and so would appreciate a true random shuffle.

Having said that, I do appreciate A+ and the remote app.

Thank you Damien!

Dyson's method certainly works.

But here's another idea, for now and for the future, for Jude and for all:

Before upgrading any music app, such as Audirvana, first rename the original one with the version number, like this:

"Audirvana Plus 2.2.9.6"

Then copy that renamed version to a separate folder.

I use a separate folder within my main Audirvana folder called "Earlier Versions."

And only then, update.

This way, you always have previous versions to go back to if there are problems, if you're just curious, if you want to make comparisons of various versions. Be sure, though, if you want to go back to earlier times, to COPY the previous iteration from your Earlier Versions folder and not to move it instead.

Considering how storage space is so inexpensive nowadays, this seems like a no-lose solution to me.

Dave, who earlier today wrote in the official Aurender thread that he always saves multiple versions of various music apps both for iOS and OS X separately in folders before making changes just in case he needs to go back as in this instance

Thanks. Will use the 'Dyson' and your metro together :-)

Sooner rather than later :D

Yeah!

NUC10i7 + Roon ROCK > dCS Rossini APEX DAC + dCS Rossini Master Clock 

SME 20/3 + SME V + Dynavector XV-1s or ANUK IO Gold > vdH The Grail or Kondo KSL-SFz + ANK L3 Phono 

Audio Note Kondo Ongaku > Avantgarde Duo Mezzo

Signal cables: Kondo Silver, Crystal Cable phono

Power cables: Kondo, Shunyata, van den Hul

system pics

Just discovered the iOS update, and it's a huge leap forward in terms of a usability. Thanks!

Not quite done, though...

GROUPS: You can see groups in all the various album views, but what can you actually do with them? As far as I can tell, you can't actually play them. We need the little °°° control thing in the grey 'group' bars, just as they appear for albums and tracks. (I'd like to see groups in list/track view as well… but I almost never use list views when album view is available, so it's not a priority.)

PLAYLISTS: For that matter, what you do with a playlist? OK: I use them as a database tool organising my library, and now that they have album view they're great for that. But what if I just want to play the playlist?

COMPOSER: It's not just another db field! Please, can we have a Composer view like the Artist view. (Get your little stick-figure artist dude to put down his baton, and sit with a pen…) And while we're at it, both Artist and Composer views have same comments as playlist views: great for finding stuff, but I'd like to be able to play them as well. (My whole list of Arnold Bax becomes a cool playlist for an afternoon. Or I could click play in the Bach view, and not come up for air for a month…)

SHUFFLE: For those of us in countries that Qobuz won't provide streaming to… All of my playlists and the Artist views and Composer views would make much better radio if I didn't always hear them in the same order. Every view needs PLAY and SHUFFLE PLAY controls. And the biggie: shuffle must have the option to shuffle by GROUP or by ALBUM. (Don't listen to 'tunes' much… I'd use shuffle, but whole pieces, not random tracks.)

Thanks!Brandon

I too would love to see the means of shuffling by album within playlists. As it stands now, putting a playlist in queue using the remote orders it by album title. I have since modified my method of setting criteria in the views to nothing at all which does a better job of random sorting the albums. However, it takes forever to load the playlist - sized based, into the queue.

As always, things are ever promising and enjoyable once the music starts to play. Hopefully something can be added along the way.

I agree. I have always noticed that the 'shuffle' option is not a true random shuffle. I keep hearing tracks in the same order. I nearly always use 'shuffle' to listen to my playlists, and so would appreciate a true random shuffle.

Having said that, I do appreciate A+ and the remote app.

Thank you Damien!

I've noticed the same. In the remote app, hitting shuffle again reshuffles the playlist however. I usually do this with the remote ~ not sure whether this is true in full program.

Unfortunately a clean minimal install of OS X 10.10.5 and Audirvana Plus 2.4 didn't solve my distortion/stuttering problem

In the past year, some combination of Audirvana/OS X upgrades has eliminated my ability to play at 192kHz without dropouts. I have just done a clean install of El Capitan and the problem remains.

There is plenty of memory and CPU available - it seems that it has become impossible for Audirvana to send data fast enough.

A.

Addendum: I said 'in the past year', but I think it is more like in the past six months but I am not really sure.