IGNORED

Audirvana 2.4 + remote app 1.5

The recent OS 10.11.4 upgrade seems to have broken the Auto Sync function of A+, at least for me. (I'm running 2.4.) Prior to upgrading to 10.11.4, Auto Sync was working perfectly, running each time I launch A+ after adding new files to my music folder. (I sync to the 'Music' folder in iTunes, but not via A+'s integrated sync feature.) But since the OS upgrade a couple of days ago, I've had to do a manual sync every time I add new music files. Anyone else have this issue?

Hi Damien-

Any word on whether this will be fixed with the next release?

Thanks.

MacBook Pro 2021 16” (M1 Pro, 16MB RAM, macOS Ventura) > Audirvana Origin > Pangea Audio USB-AG > Sony TA-ZH1ES > Nordost Heimdall 2 > Audeze LCD-3

Hi Damien-

Any word on whether this will be fixed with the next release?

Thanks.

Hi Russel,

I'm not having this issue on 10.11.4. Do you have some more details on how you've encountered it so I could try to reproduce it?

Is anyone else having the same issue?

Damien

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

Hi Russel,

I'm not having this issue on 10.11.4. Do you have some more details on how you've encountered it so I could try to reproduce it?

Is anyone else having the same issue?

Damien

Hi Damien-

There were a couple of others here who said they had the same problem. As I mentioned, I sync directly to the Music folder in my iTunes Media folder. (I'm using iTunes 12.3.3.) I neglected to mention that I also have DSD files in a separate folder, located within my iTunes Media folder. My iTunes Media folder is on a separate drive, connected to my MacBook Pro via Firewire 800. Prior to upgrading to OSX 10.11.4, A+ automatically synced to both folders (Music & DSD) with no problem. After upgrading, I have to sync them manually (by pressing the 'sync' button in Library Preferences).

Thanks for any help you can provide!

MacBook Pro 2021 16” (M1 Pro, 16MB RAM, macOS Ventura) > Audirvana Origin > Pangea Audio USB-AG > Sony TA-ZH1ES > Nordost Heimdall 2 > Audeze LCD-3

Hello,

I've got the same issue since OS 10.11.4 update. I've to do a manual sync when adding new music files. But auto sync does work well when deleting a music file from the folder by refreshing the music library (/Users/michel/Library/Application Support/Audirvana)> I don't use iTunes.

Music Server(s): Macbook Pro Retina early 2015 - Audirvana+ Qobuz integrated >Music Server Operating System: Mac OS (El Capitan)>Preferred Digital Interface(s): Wireless >Digital to Analog Converter(s): NAD D7050 >Loudspeakers: Dali Ikon 5 MK 2

I have a quick question: Are folders on a network drive (Synology NAS) supposed to autosync? It's no big deal if that's not the case, because manually syncing is fairly quick. I'd just like to know if I'm missing something here. BTW the more I listen and the more I use the new iPad app, the more I'm loving this great program.

Network folders require a manual sync.

Late 2012 Mac Mini > Audirvana+3 > iFi Zen Stream > Heimdall 2 USB >  iFi iDSD Micro BL > Pass Labs INT-30A > DeVore The Nines! + REL Strata III

Well-Tempered Amadeus Benz ACE SL > Pass Labs XOno

"Water is the most critical resource issue of our lifetime and our children's lifetime. The health of our waters is the principal measure of how we live on the land." - Luna Leopold

Damien: When do you expect to have 2.5 out? Thx.

NUC10i7 + Roon ROCK > dCS Rossini APEX DAC + dCS Rossini Master Clock 

SME 20/3 + SME V + Dynavector XV-1s or ANUK IO Gold > vdH The Grail or Kondo KSL-SFz + ANK L3 Phono 

Audio Note Kondo Ongaku > Avantgarde Duo Mezzo

Signal cables: Kondo Silver, Crystal Cable phono

Power cables: Kondo, Shunyata, van den Hul

system pics

I'm eager to know too because I very much want to retire my buggy Amarra 4 Tidal program! Can't wait to see Tidal integrated into A+ with its great SQ, UI, and stability. Thanks!

It's coming!!

I've submitted earlier today A+ Remote 1.6 to Apple for AppReview. It usually takes 2 to 6 days before it comes live in the AppStore.

And I'll release Audirvana Plus 2.5 in sync.

Damien

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

Good news !

Thank you, Damien !

It's coming!!

I've submitted earlier today A+ Remote 1.6 to Apple for AppReview. It usually takes 2 to 6 days before it comes live in the AppStore.

And I'll release Audirvana Plus 2.5 in sync.

Damien

Is there a way to get A+ to read/recognize replaygain tags?

+1

Music Server(s):Mac Mini w/UpTone linear power supply JS-2, SoTM 200 w/LPS-1, AQ Diamond USB cable,

Music Server Operating System:Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan, Roon, HQP, A+

USB Digital to Analog Converter(s):PS Audio DS Jr. w/UpTone Audio ReGen  w/ LPS-1 Power Supply

Preamplifier:PS Audio BHK preamp; Amplifier(s):Parasound Amplifier A21; Loudspeakers:Magnapan 3.7

Loudspeaker Cables:AudioQuest CV8

Is there a way to get A+ to read/recognize replaygain tags?

This is on version 2.6 roadmap

I recently discovered that it's possible to navigate in album view with the keyboard arrow keys, great feature by the way :-)

Then I tried to start playback with the "enter" key and also "play" on the (microsoft) keyboard but that didn't work.

Is there a "play" keyboard command in album view that I have missed ?

I recently discovered that it's possible to navigate in album view with the keyboard arrow keys, great feature by the way :-)

Then I tried to start playback with the "enter" key and also "play" on the (microsoft) keyboard but that didn't work.

Is there a "play" keyboard command in album view that I have missed ?

On a mac I use Option/Space bar, perhaps on a windows machine try Alt/Space bar

Main 2 channel - Synology NAS,  Roon,  Allo USBridge + Uptone LPS-1,  Schiit Gungnir Gen 5 USB, Schiit Freya, Carver TFM-15 4 channels, Vandersteen 3A Signatures

Headphone - Schiit Mjolnir 2, Reflektor HG 6922 tubes, Audeze LCD2, HiFiman HE-500, Sennheiser HD650, etc.

on the test bench - Ropieee, Pi touchscreen, Teradak DC30 power supply...