IGNORED

Audirvana 2.4 + remote app 1.5

edit: loving 2.4 right now! Or it could be the wine, I don't know... I will have to sober up before making a decision.

For sure is A+ 2.4.. I listened.. drinking a Chilean Carmenere and Cab.. the sound was wonderful with both wines..( Been Chilean both wines go so well with A+!)

Just for music:Mac Mini 2.3 GHz Intel Core i5 60GB SSD, 16GB RAM (Mid 2011) OS X El Capitan 10.11.3 > WD NAS 6TB > Audirvana+>Roon Server > HQPlayer >iPad for Roon Remote> Teac UD-503 DAC > Audio Quest Cinnamon USB cable > Cambridge Audio Azur 840C > Cambridge Audio Azur 840A > Polk LSi 15 > DIY Speaker Cables.

Every time Audirvana is upgraded users talk about the change, usually good, in the sound. I had assumed that folks were talking about the sound without up-sampling. Of course many users employ up-sampling. For those that do it would be nice to know what has changed about each version of the program in order to determine a baseline relative to IZotope settings.

Correct, I use A+ without upsampling since a long time now. I couldn't find any upsampling settings that wasn't in a way or another making the SQ worse. Probably my taste and my setup...

IsoTek evo3 Sirius⎪Late 2009 27" iMac 20GB w/SSD, 10.10.x ➤Audirvana Plus 3.0.x (Exclusive Direct Integer Mode 1, NOS) & Qobuz HiFi Sublime+ ➤Curious Cables ➤UpTone Audio ISO REGEN (UpTone Audio UltraCap LPS-1 (Breeze Audio R-Core Linear PSU)) ➤UpTone Audio USPCB ➤iFi micro iDAC2 running v5.2a (Bit-Perfect) serving:

➤Nobsound SE OTL headphone amp on Herbie's Soft Tenderfoot (selected tubes with Herbie's UltraSonic Rx) with IsoTek evo3 Premier power cable⎪Audez'e LCD-2 Rev. 2 on Moon Audio Silver Dragon V3 Premium cable

➤Audioengine A5+ with AudioQuest Power NRG-1 cable

➤iFi micro iTube2 ➤Denon AVR-A100 100th Anniversary Edition with IsoTek evo3 Premier power cable on IsoTek evo3 Aquarius⎪B&W 804 D3 bi-amped on Inakustik cables

Are the lower registers a little less articulate/prominent?

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

I'm getting the opposite here, better bass volume and drive than before, not noticeably less articulate.

Late 2012 Mac Mini > Audirvana+3 > iFi Zen Stream > Heimdall 2 USB >  iFi iDSD Micro BL > Pass Labs INT-30A > DeVore The Nines! + REL Strata III

Well-Tempered Amadeus Benz ACE SL > Pass Labs XOno

"Water is the most critical resource issue of our lifetime and our children's lifetime. The health of our waters is the principal measure of how we live on the land." - Luna Leopold

Are the lower registers a little less articulate/prominent?

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

I'm getting the opposite here, better bass volume and drive than before, not noticeably less articulate.

Same feeling, certainly same volume if not more and much more defined/controlled.

IsoTek evo3 Sirius⎪Late 2009 27" iMac 20GB w/SSD, 10.10.x ➤Audirvana Plus 3.0.x (Exclusive Direct Integer Mode 1, NOS) & Qobuz HiFi Sublime+ ➤Curious Cables ➤UpTone Audio ISO REGEN (UpTone Audio UltraCap LPS-1 (Breeze Audio R-Core Linear PSU)) ➤UpTone Audio USPCB ➤iFi micro iDAC2 running v5.2a (Bit-Perfect) serving:

➤Nobsound SE OTL headphone amp on Herbie's Soft Tenderfoot (selected tubes with Herbie's UltraSonic Rx) with IsoTek evo3 Premier power cable⎪Audez'e LCD-2 Rev. 2 on Moon Audio Silver Dragon V3 Premium cable

➤Audioengine A5+ with AudioQuest Power NRG-1 cable

➤iFi micro iTube2 ➤Denon AVR-A100 100th Anniversary Edition with IsoTek evo3 Premier power cable on IsoTek evo3 Aquarius⎪B&W 804 D3 bi-amped on Inakustik cables

Hello

Great job on this new version 2.4 . In a quick listen to a couple of hours I think the SQ is very good without upsampling with my Ayre QB9 DSD . I feel that there are people who have problems , I use a Macboock as soli Air with 4GB of ram and not experience problems.

Is it possible to add songs to a list of reproduction in from the remote application ?

Version 2.3.3 nearly constant spinning wheel on my Mac Mini, 2.4 nearly constant spinning wheel on my Mac Mini. Yesterday it completely froze up my Mac Mini and had to re-boot via on button. If I have the patience to wait approx 30 seconds between each command before being able to do the next command then ok, but that's just not practicable to use.

Anything form 2.2 upwards has had this problem and only seems to get worse with every upgrade (and before asking I have put on several posts previously, but none have been answered).

Audirvana may be a great program, but if I can't use it then it's no good for me.

It's got so bad that I've essentially gave up on Audirvana and have just went back to iTunes :(

You might want to check the rest of your environment. A+ is very lightweight and not processor or resource demanding (if no upsampling is applied).

Streamer dCS Network Bridge DAC Chord DAVE Amplifier / DRC Lyngdorf TDAI-3400 Speakers Lindemann BL-10 | JL audio E-sub e110 Head-fi and reference Bakoon HPA-21 | Audeze LCD-3 (f) Power and isolation Dedicated power line | Xentek extreme isolation transformer (1KVA, balanced) | Uptone Audio EtherREGEN + Ferrum Hypsos | Sonore OpticalModule + Uptone Audio UltraCap LPS-1.2 | Jensen CI-1RR Cables Jorma Digital XLR (digital), Grimm Audio SQM RCA (analog), Kimber 8TC + WBT (speakers), custom star-quad with Oyaide connectors (AC), Ferrum (DC) and Ghent (ethernet) Software dCS Mosaic | Tidal | Qobuz

I use a dedicated to audio late 2009 M. Mini (el capitan, clean install) with 8gb of ram and ssd and no problems.

Some times with severe upsampling to 768 I have some mb swap (usually in the rear occasion that safari is on too) and sometimes the spinning wheel for some secs when searching my quite big library but no big deal.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Mac Mini with JRMC26 or Audirvana  / Raspberry4B_4GB(GentooPlayer_LMS) / Raspberry Rpi3B+: Allo DigiOne(GentooPlayer) - M2Tech Evo DAC Two Plus/iPurifier2 - Schiit Vali 2 - Densen DM20pre/30pwr amps - Spendor SP2/3E, Sennheiser HD600 & HD25Aluminum - Audeze Sine

Cables: Vovox, DIY, Furutech. 

Portable sources: iPad, DELL Laptop with JRiver MC26

Hello Damien.

I have asked for the abillity to control the output volume in the remote app using the volumebutton on the device (in my case, Ipad) for some time now and I would appreciate at least a comment on the subject. The solution that you have right now is to put it mildly, not good. All other aspects of the package is just great but .......... :-(

Spotify (in Ipad) is using the button for volume adjust of remote units. They seem to have some problems though, just half the button works so you can only lower the volume (probably some bug that will be fixed).

I found some information regarding another app that had some problem using the button but it seems that it's solwed now.

Taking control of the volume buttons on iOS, like Camera+ | farp.blog

If for some reason you are not allowed to use the button, could you at least relocate the slider to a different possition and make a bit bigger. It's to close to the "artist" button and much to sensitive. Another solution would be to replace the slider for a pair of up/down buttons.

Best regards. Bengt Dahlberg

Interesting to read the feedback on sound.

@tipunch - was there something special about 2.3.2?

I seemed to have missed that one. I just did a little A/Bs with 2.3.1 instead.

Biggest difference was noticed in the bass - both punch and clarity were betterer on the latest, me thought. Yo-Yo doing 'Gabriel's Oboe' was more sumptuous, while Tom Waits on 'Watch Her As She Disappears' had more presence - on 2.4 ...to my ear.

I hope Damien savours this sweet round of releases for a little while yet. As someone who likes to browse albums through my genre playlists, it's been an utter joy to play with the remote. Much easier to find exactly what I'm in the mood for. Thanks Damien!

But +1 on tipunch's suggestion to upsample PCM to DSD... that would be absolutely swell [emoji4]

TF cards - USB  -> GentooPlayer in RAM on Rpi4b, Ian’s PurePi II, FIFO Q7, HDMI-pro  -> Audio GD R-27 -> S.A.T. Infinity monoblocks -> Gallo Stradas + TR-3 sub / Erzetich Phobos

Congratulations, Damien! This is quite a milestone achievement.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

Hello Damien.

I have asked for the abillity to control the output volume in the remote app using the volumebutton on the device (in my case, Ipad) for some time now and I would appreciate at least a comment on the subject. The solution that you have right now is to put it mildly, not good. All other aspects of the package is just great but .......... :-(

The volume control buttons on the iPad are there to control the level of the audio output by the iPad itself. To interfere with that functionality seems to be a bad idea and I'd guess is prohibited by Apple [or maybe not – I just noticed your later post]

The best way to remotely control the audio level output by Audirvana Plus is to use the physical Apple remote. That way there's never any wait for an app to connect.

"It is commonly accepted amongst authentic libertines that the sensations communicated by the organs of hearing are the most flattering and those impressions are the liveliest" (Donatien Alphonse François de Sade)

I use a dedicated to audio late 2009 M. Mini (el capitan, clean install) with 8gb of ram and ssd and no problems.

Some times with severe upsampling to 768 I have some mb swap (usually in the rear occasion that safari is on too) […]

Interesting … I use a late 2012 Mac Mini with 16 GB RAM and two SSD:s and I can't even upsample to 192 kHz without playback distortions, with no other application running at the same time.

"It is commonly accepted amongst authentic libertines that the sensations communicated by the organs of hearing are the most flattering and those impressions are the liveliest" (Donatien Alphonse François de Sade)

Interesting … I use a late 2012 Mac Mini with 16 GB RAM and two SSD:s and I can't even upsample to 192 kHz without playback distortions, with no other application running at the same time.

Wow.. This is very strange. Yesterday I had a listening session in 705.6 upsampling with no issue at all! Not even swap or MB compression.

What OS are you using?

What DAC?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Mac Mini with JRMC26 or Audirvana  / Raspberry4B_4GB(GentooPlayer_LMS) / Raspberry Rpi3B+: Allo DigiOne(GentooPlayer) - M2Tech Evo DAC Two Plus/iPurifier2 - Schiit Vali 2 - Densen DM20pre/30pwr amps - Spendor SP2/3E, Sennheiser HD600 & HD25Aluminum - Audeze Sine

Cables: Vovox, DIY, Furutech. 

Portable sources: iPad, DELL Laptop with JRiver MC26

At least i'm not alone...

Late 2012 mini, 16gb ram regular hard disk, nothing else running...

All well for me when upsampling to 176/192 but when trying 352/384 Audirvana won't lock to signal fast enough resulting in hiccups, but it lock after a while... sometimes it locks at start, but never for sure, frustrating. Tried everything...

Wyred 4 Sound DAC 2 DSD SE, 10.11.4b7

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

Not even swap or MB compression.

what does that mean?

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

What OS are you using?

What DAC?

Check my signature :)

By the way, I just installed 2.4 and haven't had time to try it yet. I'll do some extended listening this afternoon and see if I still have the issue.