IGNORED

Audirvana 2.4 + remote app 1.5

Relative path is handled and should not matter.

The issue is that I can't reproduce this, either with the audio files located on internal or external drive.

What if you use a m3u8 created in Audirvana Plus using the export playlist function?

Is anyone else having this issue?

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

Merci beaucoup...

Now it's time for Damien to establish an A+ Sound signature of it's own (lot of experiments has done!) And a stable library management.

I'll always leave room for users to tune the resulting sound (e.g. different Integer modes, upsampling filters) as the connected system, and the tastes are not unique.

2.5 is bringing TIDAL

2.6 will focus on library management, including performance for large collections

Damien

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

I'll always leave room for users to tune the resulting sound (e.g. different Integer modes, upsampling filters) as the connected system, and the tastes are not unique.

twothumbs.gif

oh, and... Damien: would you, please, do in Remote the same you did in A+ re auto-added composers when grouping tag is not empty? thanks :)

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier (or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

2.5 is bringing TIDAL

2.6 will focus on library management, including performance for large collections

Damien

Thank you for your focus on library management, definitely that will improve user experience many of us who have large libraries.

But, like many users, I'm also using A+ in Exclusive Access Mode, Direct Mode, Integer Mode 1 - on, forced upsampling - no, volume dithering - no, AudioUnits - no, System Optimizer - on. And at this stage the resulting sound should have a minimum basic character which users wanted. (And I was referring that as a sound Singnature)After that who need more than that to experience different tastes then they have what you told about. Because, the basic sound of A+ changing version by version!

If your ultimate goal is to achieve an ultimate SQ then carry on but please settle down first then improve.

2.5 is bringing TIDAL

Damien

YES - Library management ...

MacMini 2018 OS 10.14 | XLD | Yate | iTunes 10.7 | Audirvana 3.5.50 | RME ADI-2 DAC fs | Bryston BHA-1 | Hifiman Arya

2.5 is bringing TIDAL

Damien

Will there be any time to at least comment on the possibillity to make the volumebutton on the Ipad active ?

I have asked this question more times then I feel comfortable too, but I have not gotten any reply so far.

If you think that the volume setting is working just fine as is and that I'm out of line, just say soo and I will drop it.

May be it's possible.

but the iPad volume button is very small and not usefull in my opinion.

i allways use the small physical apple remote.

not to adjust volume (allways at 100% like many of us), only to make play/pause.

The volume management is better on amplifier - to my ears.

Suggestion : find an universal remote > play /pause learn from Apple physical remote and volume learn from remote of your amplifier

Windows PC server/ Target PC Diretta / Audirvana/ DAC W4S 10th anniversary/ Jadis DA60 / Wilson Audio Sophia 

Nice to see your road map, Damien.

I'm so enjoying the remote. I can navigate my library now - yay!!

It seems pretty stable for me. If loading could be made faster that would be sweet :-)

Loving the sound. 2.4 had me tweaking my iZotope settings ... (Coming back to similar settings I had almost a year ago.) It seemed easier to dial in settings, with smaller changes being more pronounced.

Are there any plans to convert PCM to DSD?

Thanks for all the work. May your creativity never cease!

TF cards - USB  -> GentooPlayer in RAM on Rpi4b, Ian’s PurePi II, FIFO Q7, HDMI-pro  -> Audio GD R-27 -> S.A.T. Infinity monoblocks -> Gallo Stradas + TR-3 sub / Erzetich Phobos

May be it's possible.

but the iPad volume button is very small and not usefull in my opinion.

i allways use the small physical apple remote.

not to adjust volume (allways at 100% like many of us), only to make play/pause.

The volume management is better on amplifier - to my ears.

Suggestion : find an universal remote > play /pause learn from Apple physical remote and volume learn from remote of your amplifier

In all friendliness, I don't need a lesson on digital vs analog volume adjust.

Sometimes you have to lower the volume just to answer the phone or for some other reason and at that moment the SQ isn't that important. I'm not getting a second remote to adjust digital volume, one remote should be enough. If the volume button on the Ipad for some reason is not available, please make some "buttons" at the screen instead.

Physical volume buttons on the iPad do affect volume of *every* iPad app/notification so... no, thanks!

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier (or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

Physical volume buttons on the iPad do affect volume of *every* iPad app/notification so... no, thanks!

Maybe it's so, I haven't noticed it so far. A somewhat crude attemt for two buttons at the screen could look like this. Push once for 1 db at the time time or hold and get +/- 1db / sec.

au_app_dark_sheme_2.jpg

Edit: The speaker symbol could be used for "mute/unmute" as well.

Relative path is handled and should not matter.

The issue is that I can't reproduce this, either with the audio files located on internal or external drive.

What if you use a m3u8 created in Audirvana Plus using the export playlist function?

Is anyone else having this issue?

It does exactly the same thing. I started A+, created a TEST playlist in A+, added a handful of tracks from the Play Queue, exported as an M3u8, deleted the TEST playlist and then immediately attempted to re-import. Repeatable and only recoverable if I complete remove my library, re-add the folders and re-scan.

As before, I removed/re-added my library folders and the TEST playlist imports without error.

See the attached screen shot:

Screenshot 2016-03-31 10.09.45.png

EDIT: So, right after posting this, I (again) deleted all of my playlists and re-added them - this time without errors. I am at a loss... the only thing that is different, however, is the TEST playlist was the first time I've ever created a playlist within A+. The first time I exported and re-imported TEST, I received the error in the screen shot above. But now, I can delete/re-add without error. I even went back to the relative path versions and, again, now everything works.

"Play the volume as loud as you want - but don't touch my levels now. I got them set just the way I like 'em."

2.5 is bringing TIDAL

Damien

Hi Damien,

Could you please check compatibility A+ with Lynx Hilo Thunderbolt version?

I wrote about this in more detail on A+ forum:

https://audirvana.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=981

Do you have plan to add folder view browsing for some retrograde people? Please!

I also mentioned it on your forum:

https://audirvana.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=978&sid=f8ae30f5de7e26b7ee87ffbf521b3cb3

Just tell version number, when it could happen :)

dCS Bartók > ATC SCA2 > ATC SCM 50ASLT

Hi Damien,

Another very minor observation.

There is a (possible) typo in the SysOptimizer window under Audirvana preferences. After "to", there are 2 space characters.

"...detrimental to sound quality."

Fyi.

Cheers,

nv

Just noticed that blog post appears with only 1 space even though I had placed two. It is between the words "to" and "sound".

[…]

2.5 is bringing TIDAL

Damien

"Though this be madness, yet there is method in't."

Glad to see you're a man with a plan :)

"It is commonly accepted amongst authentic libertines that the sensations communicated by the organs of hearing are the most flattering and those impressions are the liveliest" (Donatien Alphonse François de Sade)

As each (major) Audirvana + is released, I usually download and take it for a spin. Since 2.1 something, there have been usability issues, all to do with the library that dissuaded A+ from being the primary player.

For this release, thought to add some LF gain with a couple of plug ins, the standard LF shelf and a tube simulator from Voxengo. Both work of course, but depending on the music, the Tube sound plugin can go right off the rails with bad distortion. Great for electric guitar, but not for high fidelity playback. The standard LF shelf is hard to setup, based on how good your hand is steady with the mouse. it's easy to provide +10db of boost with a small divot on the table!

For fun, downloaded the SPL plugin installer (3.2GB!?) and a SPL PASSEQ passive EQ plugin as a trial. Now I can't afford the cost or space for a real PASSEQ (~USD5000), so the plugin is a much more attractive proposal at USD249 and it works with Audirvana +. Initally, added 2.3db shelf at 120Hz, it's probably too much, but I like what I hear but will have to back it off a little for fine tuning. The bass is tight and clean, and the music has quite a bit power to it, especially for 1970's conversions to CD where the bass is super thin at times.

For the PASSEQ trial, Intona and the MPD-3 DAC is used. There's some background detail missing from this arrangement compared with WIN + HQPlayer, since the MC-3+USB are not used in the A+ config at the moment and won't be until the firmware that autodetects DSD will be available. Need to be mindful that the extra bass doesn't mask other frequencies in the room, headphones seem to be OK about it.

The next step is for Audirvana + would be nice to have to change the output to DSD permanently, to avoid the lag of changing to different sampling rates.

I suppose I should ask how the plugins work with DSD, since there is only one version available, or do they work in the DSD stream directly?

For playing files, I just drag and drop from finder, the library functions look good, but need some extended for use to comment. The remote app is very good, has a few quirks, but only if you really look hard enough.

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA

A+ Remote doesn't work for me. Never has, won't even see my laptop

• Have you updated to A+ Remote 1.5 ?
  • When trying to connect, is your Mac running Audirvana Plus 2.2 or later on the same local network? There must be no router in between.
  • Is Audirvana Plus running in library mode (and not iTunes integrated)?
  • Check your Mac firewall settings: In the “System Preferences”, Open “Security and Privacy”, then go to “Firewall” tab, and click on “Firewall options…”. There check if the option “Automatically allow signed software to receive incoming connections” is selected. If not, you have to add Audirvana Plus to the list just above of applications allowed to have incoming connections. And “Block all incoming connections” must not be selected.
  • If you use other firewall software (or hardware), ensure it allows has open UDP port 5353 that is used by the Bonjour protocol Multicast DNS
  • Reboot your WiFi router as it may not forward anymore the Bonjour multicast requests (The Apple Remote app that controls iTunes may not be able to connect to iTunes as well until the WiFi router reboot)
  • Check that you don’t have a program preempting the remote access to your Mac such as Parallels Access

Damien

PS: From an older post, you'll be happy to get in the upcoming 2.5 the reopening at launch of the playlist you were viewing when exiting Audirvana Plus.