IGNORED

Audirvana 2.4 + remote app 1.5

what does that mean?

It means the computer didn't run out of RAM and thus didn't have to resort to using disk space or memory compression (potentially slowing down memory access). The latter can be checked using Activity Monitor's Memory tab.

"It is commonly accepted amongst authentic libertines that the sensations communicated by the organs of hearing are the most flattering and those impressions are the liveliest" (Donatien Alphonse François de Sade)

Must have been asked before...

Do you foresee adding TIDAL to Audirvana?

NUC10i7 + Roon ROCK > dCS Rossini APEX DAC + dCS Rossini Master Clock 

SME 20/3 + SME V + Dynavector XV-1s or ANUK IO Gold > vdH The Grail or Kondo KSL-SFz + ANK L3 Phono 

Audio Note Kondo Ongaku > Avantgarde Duo Mezzo

Signal cables: Kondo Silver, Crystal Cable phono

Power cables: Kondo, Shunyata, van den Hul

system pics

The ability to see individual albums in artist and playlist view in the iOS app is fantastic. The only thing I would wish for is an option to sort by date instead of by title.

+1

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

I recently bougth Audirvana 2.3.3 and was very impressed about this tool and especially for the sound quality. I use Audirvana + only for streaming with Qobuz.

Now, the 2.4 version sounds in my system a litte more clinical, more details but of the other side less analog and lower bass. In summary a little bit more stressful. Most of you here a better sound quality. Perhaps I had a bad day or my ears.

So, I`m interesting in your further experience with the sound quality of 2.4 in camparison with 2.3.3. Are they furthermore any objective references which explain the possible sound differences?

I recently bougth Audirvana 2.3.3 and was very impressed about this tool and especially for the sound quality. I use Audirvana + only for streaming with Qobuz.

Now, the 2.4 version sounds in my system a litte more clinical, more details but of the other side less analog and lower bass. In summary a little bit more stressful. Most of you here a better sound quality. Perhaps I had a bad day or my ears.

So, I`m interesting in your further experience with the sound quality of 2.4 in camparison with 2.3.3. Are they furthermore any objective references which explain the possible sound differences?

If there is some specific reason 2.4 should sound better, only Damien knows. I like it, but it is very easy for people to imagine things, and I don't claim to either be objective or have golden ears. Also, people have a very wide variety of equipment, so it is not surprising that opinions regarding the sound will vary.

I would simply say that if you prefer the sound of 2.3.3, then go ahead and enjoy it rather than turning it into something to worry about.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

By the way, I just installed 2.4 and haven't had time to try it yet. I'll do some extended listening this afternoon and see if I still have the issue.

Now I've tried out 2.4 and the distortions are still there. Lasts about a second each time and sounds like … a stuttering sort of sound. I've had this problem the last couple of months. Sometimes I can listen for hours without any issues. Other times it happens 10–30 times per album. I have no issues with other audio software. Using an earlier version of Audirvana Plus doesn't help, so maybe it started happening after one of the later Yosemite updates. I haven't done a clean install of OS X in a very, very long time, though. (If I did, it would take me at least a week of hard work to set everything up again :(, but maybe I'll get around to it some day …)

"It is commonly accepted amongst authentic libertines that the sensations communicated by the organs of hearing are the most flattering and those impressions are the liveliest" (Donatien Alphonse François de Sade)

First, really great updates, both Audirvana and remote app!!

But, I have some inputs regarding the iOS app GUI:

The way the app is handling text, too large to fit one row, looks really weird (bad).

Examples:3.png In the first example the text breaks into a second line. In the second example, the size is decreased to fit one single line. This is a bit inconsistent. And I'm sure either aren't following Apple's Human Interface Guidelines. I can't imagine an Apple app handle text this way.

Another example: 1.png The text isn't aligned very nicely. Plus same scenario as in the examples above.

Third thing: 2.png Why do the icons have to be outlined? Looks messy to the eye.

Sorry to nag like this, A+ is really all about the sound (which I love!), just wanted to share some thoughts about the (in my opinion) messy, GUI. :)

1.png

+1 (please, please, please!)

Streamer dCS Network Bridge DAC Chord DAVE Amplifier / DRC Lyngdorf TDAI-3400 Speakers Lindemann BL-10 | JL audio E-sub e110 Head-fi and reference Bakoon HPA-21 | Audeze LCD-3 (f) Power and isolation Dedicated power line | Xentek extreme isolation transformer (1KVA, balanced) | Uptone Audio EtherREGEN + Ferrum Hypsos | Sonore OpticalModule + Uptone Audio UltraCap LPS-1.2 | Jensen CI-1RR Cables Jorma Digital XLR (digital), Grimm Audio SQM RCA (analog), Kimber 8TC + WBT (speakers), custom star-quad with Oyaide connectors (AC), Ferrum (DC) and Ghent (ethernet) Software dCS Mosaic | Tidal | Qobuz

Now I've tried out 2.4 and the distortions are still there. Lasts about a second each time and sounds like … a stuttering sort of sound. I've had this problem the last couple of months. Sometimes I can listen for hours without any issues. Other times it happens 10–30 times per album. I have no issues with other audio software. Using an earlier version of Audirvana Plus doesn't help, so maybe it started happening after one of the later Yosemite updates. I haven't done a clean install of OS X in a very, very long time, though. (If I did, it would take me at least a week of hard work to set everything up again :(, but maybe I'll get around to it some day …)

why don't you try a minimalist OS X on SD card ?

with Audirvana installed on it.

Windows PC server/ Target PC Diretta / Audirvana/ DAC W4S 10th anniversary/ Jadis DA60 / Wilson Audio Sophia 

The volume control buttons on the iPad are there to control the level of the audio output by the iPad itself. To interfere with that functionality seems to be a bad idea and I'd guess is prohibited by Apple [or maybe not – I just noticed your later post]

The best way to remotely control the audio level output by Audirvana Plus is to use the physical Apple remote. That way there's never any wait for an app to connect.

The volume button is adressed for other use as well, in the Ipad camera for instance. That was implemented after another app developer had made that happend. He was then cut out of the app store (breifly I think) but later on Apple did let others use the button for additional purposes. Spotify does use it in the way that I would like to see in Audirvana. It works perfectly with my Samsung phone and Spotify as well. The main purpose of a network remote is as I see it that it will work in all of the network covered area, an Apple remote does not do that. I have my set one floor up in our house and usually I bring the remote downstairs for the abbility to skip a track or change the playback volume. The volume slider works, it's just not as ergonomical as I would like it too be. Does the volumebutton work on Iphones ?

Is there any documentation on the remote app?

For example how do you view a playlist as albums instead of as a list of tracks?

In the top right corner there is a toggle button that flips between track and album view.

ImageUploadedByComputer Audiophile1458273668.473675.jpg

ImageUploadedByComputer Audiophile1458273689.823083.jpg

TF cards - USB  -> GentooPlayer in RAM on Rpi4b, Ian’s PurePi II, FIFO Q7, HDMI-pro  -> Audio GD R-27 -> S.A.T. Infinity monoblocks -> Gallo Stradas + TR-3 sub / Erzetich Phobos

And if not, what is the workaround for subscribing to qobuz in the U.S.? I'm sure there's a thread on that, but I can't find it. Thx.

Let me try that again: 1) Any chance Tidal will be integrated into A+? 2) Is there any way that folks in the U.S. can get a Qobuz subscription that would allow us to stream it through A+. Have googled the latter, and found only rumors from 2014 that Qobuz was coming to U.S. (and that its in deep financial trouble). Anyway, I live in Calif. and would love to take advantage of A+s integration of either Tidal or Qobuz . . .

thanks!

And if not, what is the workaround for subscribing to qobuz in the U.S.? I'm sure there's a thread on that, but I can't find it. Thx.

Let me try that again: 1) Any chance Tidal will be integrated into A+? 2) Is there any way that folks in the U.S. can get a Qobuz subscription that would allow us to stream it through A+. Have googled the latter, and found only rumors from 2014 that Qobuz was coming to U.S. (and that its in deep financial trouble). Anyway, I live in Calif. and would love to take advantage of A+s integration of either Tidal or Qobuz . . .

thanks!

Can't really help on the US question, but wanted to clarify that the financial worries for Qobuz are over, at least for now. After a court-imposed receivership it got acquired end of last year by French IT company Xandrie who plans to invest significant amounts of money into this business. Haven't heard anything recently with regards to a US expansion.

Back on topic: as Qobuz sublime subscriber and occasional Highresaudio client I'm very happy about the latest changes to A+ and the remote app.

Great job!

and if not, what is the workaround for subscribing to qobuz in the u.s.? I'm sure there's a thread on that, but i can't find it. Thx.

shh.gif vpn

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier (or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

Sooner rather than later :D

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

Great idea :) I actually came to think of that after I made that post. I think my Mac Mini has an SD card slot hidden somewhere.

32 GB enough?