IGNORED

Audirvana 2.4 + remote app 1.5

thanks Dyson: finally got it :)

(even though... why should I want to stream something I already have *here*? :-/ )

anyway: will try later streaming (and upsampling) an hi-res album I own

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier (or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

To be able to stream in in high res on portable devices or when you travel with A+ but don't bring your library for example.

ok, right. in either case I wouldn't care about upsampling to 192. but that's me :P

and now that I got how Qobuz hi-res streaming works... @SwissBear: here I'm streaming 24/48 and upsampling, with no issue at all, to 24/192:

Screen Shot 2016-03-24 17.01.38.jpg

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier (or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

ok, right. in either case I wouldn't care about upsampling to 192. but that's me :P

and now that I got how Qobuz hi-res streaming works... @SwissBear: here I'm streaming 24/48 and upsampling, with no issue at all, to 24/192:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24898[/ATTACH]

Same experience here, but streaming 24/96 and upsampling to 24/384. No issues.

John Walker - IT Executive

Headphone - SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > Topping D90 > Topping A90d > Dan Clark Expanse / HiFiMan H6SE v2 / HiFiman Arya Stealth

Home Theater / Music -SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Denon X3700h > Anthem Amp for front channels > Revel F208-based 5.2.4 Atmos speaker system

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24898[/ATTACH]

Lucky you.

This is what I get :-( Screen Shot 2016-03-24 at 20.19.48.png

hopefully Damien will see these posts ;)

headphones system:

Hi Damien,

In the Extended section of the tags, when you try to update the "ensemble" field for multiple songs, it does not work. That will need a fix. Hopefully can see in the next release.

Cheers,

nv

What is the file format of these tracks? All should work, except SACD ISO that is not an editable format (it is a ready to burn disk image), and CueSheets.

Damien

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

The recent OS 10.11.4 upgrade seems to have broken the Auto Sync function of A+, at least for me. (I'm running 2.4.) Prior to upgrading to 10.11.4, Auto Sync was working perfectly, running each time I launch A+ after adding new files to my music folder. (I sync to the 'Music' folder in iTunes, but not via A+'s integrated sync feature.) But since the OS upgrade a couple of days ago, I've had to do a manual sync every time I add new music files. Anyone else have this issue?

MacBook Pro 2021 16” (M1 Pro, 16MB RAM, macOS Ventura) > Audirvana Origin > Pangea Audio USB-AG > Sony TA-ZH1ES > Nordost Heimdall 2 > Audeze LCD-3

The recent OS 10.11.4 upgrade seems to have broken the Auto Sync function of A+, at least for me. (I'm running 2.4.) Prior to upgrading to 10.11.4, Auto Sync was working perfectly, running each time I launch A+ after adding new files to my music folder. (I sync to the 'Music' folder in iTunes, but not via A+'s integrated sync feature.) But since the OS upgrade a couple of days ago, I've had to do a manual sync every time I add new music files. Anyone else have this issue?

Same here.

Mac Mini - Audirvana - Chord Mojo - Simaudio Moon 250i - KEF LS50

Maybe not 10.11.4, but the new iTunes that comes with it...

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

Quick question - If you update your album artwork using another program (in my case Metadatics) or replace a 16/44.1 album with a hi-res version, should it not replace the artwork to the new one that is actually in the file when you do a rescan of your library? Am I missing a checkbox or something but this hasn't been the case for me at all.

Will the album view interface be improved as suggested by others before?

'• The black bar under the cover art looks strange

• The red bar when the album plays looks even more strange. Why the red color? Red signals a warning. Green would be more logical. But both red and green are really ugly and should be replaced with a more toned down color (grey), if necessary at all.

• Why do the album cover dim when the cursor hover, is that really necessary?

• The Play button on the cover art is too big, it's too easy to click it by mistake when selecting the album

• Is the Play button on the cover art really necessary at all? It should be enough with a double click (which feels more Mac-y)

• The “heart” and “more” icons on the cover art are also too big/too easy to click by mistake

• Why do each icon have to highlight with a border when the mouse hovers? It makes the interface very messy (same question applies in the track list view)'

User wrote another thread named "JRiver Media Centre for Mac" ..

"I just downloaded the trial for this ....I have found it to be very good so far. I prefer it to Audirvana which although I liked it for small periods found to be tiring and harsh. MC seems a lot warmer. I also noticed that some recordings which sounded a bit scratchy on A+ sounded fine on MC. I'm not sure why this should be but on my system it definitely seems to be the case. I also prefer it to Amarra because it works better and without hassle."

A+ 2.4 sounded good on my system but I'm encountering something strange regarding some recorodings too! Which is similar to- "noticed that some recordings which sounded a bit scratchy on A+ sounded fine on MC". Basically, in my situation A+ sounded thin with harshness and low gain .. Really strange !!

Still very satisfied with the new functionality of A+ (remote). I am streaming much more right now, simply because it's more accessible with the remote. A pity though that I do not like Qobuz that much. Much of the music I like is not available, or simply much later than competing services such as Spotify. Example: new album of Daughter, released in january '16.

The auto-sync feature has never worked more than a couple of months for me, before I have to delete the library files and start over to get it working again. I have no experience with OS X 10.11.4 particularly, though.

"It is commonly accepted amongst authentic libertines that the sensations communicated by the organs of hearing are the most flattering and those impressions are the liveliest" (Donatien Alphonse François de Sade)

Importing Playlists.

I am observing that if I make any external changes to my library, I can no longer import M3U playlists. The message is that NN tracks have not been found in the library... (FLAC, MP3, AAC ... not in iTunes, but stand-alone).

The only work-around I've discovered is to completely remove my watched folders, emptying the library, re-adding the same folders and than after scanning completes, the playlists will import without issues.

This happens every time I want to add a new ripped CD, which I've added to an M3U I've created with Vox (I use this same library and playlists with an MPD player). Yes, I know I could manage these playlists in A+, but I am puzzled why deleting and re-importing fails whenever my library changes.

"Play the volume as loud as you want - but don't touch my levels now. I got them set just the way I like 'em."

What is the file format of these tracks? All should work, except SACD ISO that is not an editable format (it is a ready to burn disk image), and CueSheets.

Damien

Hi Damien,

Flac.

It happens when you try to delete the ensemble value from multiple chosen tracks and update it with null/empty values.

Sorry for the late response.

Cheers.

nv

Importing Playlists.

I am observing that if I make any external changes to my library, I can no longer import M3U playlists. The message is that NN tracks have not been found in the library... (FLAC, MP3, AAC ... not in iTunes, but stand-alone).

The only work-around I've discovered is to completely remove my watched folders, emptying the library, re-adding the same folders and than after scanning completes, the playlists will import without issues.

This happens every time I want to add a new ripped CD, which I've added to an M3U I've created with Vox (I use this same library and playlists with an MPD player). Yes, I know I could manage these playlists in A+, but I am puzzled why deleting and re-importing fails whenever my library changes.

may be you can read those playlists with text editor (make a save before) and see what happens.

if there is something wrong in the repertory of files (for ex /Volumes/Library/Music/etc) you can edit with the very usefull function "search and replace"

Windows PC server/ Target PC Diretta / Audirvana/ DAC W4S 10th anniversary/ Jadis DA60 / Wilson Audio Sophia 

may be you can read those playlists with text editor (make a save before) and see what happens.

if there is something wrong in the repertory of files (for ex /Volumes/Library/Music/etc) you can edit with the very usefull function "search and replace"

Sorry, I don't think my post was clear: I remove everything from my library, re-add the exact same folders back in, allow A+ to complete scanning and then the same playlists (unchanged) will import without errors. There is nothing wrong with the playlists.

There is something going on within A+ that changes how playlists are imported, whenever an external change is made to the library (e.g. adding new files, renaming folders or externally editing meta data).

I am not talking about changing audio files and then the entries in the playlists no longer match.

This is repeatable.

"Play the volume as loud as you want - but don't touch my levels now. I got them set just the way I like 'em."

Sorry, I don't think my post was clear: I remove everything from my library, re-add the exact same folders back in, allow A+ to complete scanning and then the same playlists (unchanged) will import without errors. There is nothing wrong with the playlists.

There is something going on within A+ that changes how playlists are imported, whenever an external change is made to the library (e.g. adding new files, renaming folders or externally editing meta data).

I am not talking about changing audio files and then the entries in the playlists no longer match.

This is repeatable.

Was it a smart or a manual playlist? If it's a manual playlist, can you check with a text editor if the absolute path to the not imported track is exactly the same as the one in Audirvana Plus.

And where are the audio files located? If they are on a NAS there is the possibility that OS X has changed the mount point folder name, like adding a digit at the end of the name, for some reason only Apple can fix. And this can be the cause for the file path mismatch.

Damien who has completed the development for 2.5 bringing TIDAL integration, finalizing it in the coming days for release...

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

Damien who has completed the development for 2.5 bringing TIDAL integration, finalizing it in the coming days for release...

Merci beaucoup...

Now it's time for Damien to establish an A+ Sound signature of it's own (lot of experiments has done!) And a stable library management.

Was it a smart or a manual playlist? If it's a manual playlist, can you check with a text editor if the absolute path to the not imported track is exactly the same as the one in Audirvana Plus.

And where are the audio files located? If they are on a NAS there is the possibility that OS X has changed the mount point folder name, like adding a digit at the end of the name, for some reason only Apple can fix. And this can be the cause for the file path mismatch.

A manual playlist. Everything is on a locally attached thumb drive (/Volumes/Music-512). The mount points are not changing.

These are M3u8 playlists with relative pathnames for each entry. So, for example:

#EXTINF:281,Ice Nine [Live]

../My DLNA Music/iTunes DLNA/Rock/Joe Satriani/Dreaming 11/01-02 Ice Nine [Live].flac

With the same track in A+ located at:

/Volumes/Music-512/My DLNA Music/iTunes DLNA/Rock/Joe Satriani/Dreaming 11/01-02 Ice Nine [Live].flac

and the playlist loaded from:

/Volumes/Music-512/DLNA Playlists/Joe Satriani.m3u8

If it's a requirement that the playlists have absolute paths, I can certainly change that, but what's odd is that after reloading/re-scanning the library, the above works just fine in resolving all relative tracks from each playlist.

Anyway, thanks for your reply and thanks, again, for a great piece of software.

- Ken

EDIT: I forget to add one thing: simply restarting A+, removing an existing playlist and attempting to re-import the playlist fails. It seems that the import with relative paths only works once, after rebuilding the library (if that helps).

EDIT 2: As an experiment, I hand-edited the M3u8 playlists to replace the relative paths with absolute paths and am seeing the same behavior. Deleting and re-importing a playlist seems to be impossible without first clearing and re-adding/scanning the complete library.