IGNORED

Audirvana 2.4 + remote app 1.5

Sounds better than ever and looks great:

Functions for A+ Remote 1.5 (Qobuz and HighResAudio navigation, playlists view as albums, ...)

HighResAudio VirtualVault integration

Load sequentially streaming tracks to reduce network load (network bandwidth is the bottleneck)

Qobuz: option to limit the max quality for low bandwidth connections

Streaming: show playlists as albums (in addition to tracks list)

Manual playlists can now be sorted (for local and streaming playlists)

Add Mytek Manhattan to known DoP compatible DACs

Add shortcut (⌥⌘B) to display album booklet when the album tracks view is displayed

Bug fixes:

Fix artist, composer, album artist text truncated in tracks list view

Update Sparkle framework to 1.13.1 (security fix). https connection to audirvana.com was already used though

FLAC metadata saving: For ensemble, replace the existing tag ORCHESTRA or ENSEMBLE if any, not forcing to have ORCHESTRA tag

Other bug fixes

... and Qobuz looks to be down at the moment :(

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier (or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

Wow, this version sounds fantastic!! More clarity and detail, more dynamic, but zero harshness! Keeps getting better, thank you!

Late 2012 Mac Mini > Audirvana+3 > iFi Zen Stream > Heimdall 2 USB >  iFi iDSD Micro BL > Pass Labs INT-30A > DeVore The Nines! + REL Strata III

Well-Tempered Amadeus Benz ACE SL > Pass Labs XOno

"Water is the most critical resource issue of our lifetime and our children's lifetime. The health of our waters is the principal measure of how we live on the land." - Luna Leopold

When using a network share to store your music, sorting and grouping is completely broken and has been since 2.3.3

If I sort only by Album Artist all is fine. If I then turn on grouping by first sort item, nothing happens or at least all albums get grouped under one empty Artist.

If I sort by Album Artist and then sort by Year, the sort gets all messed up. It's not sorting by year or album artist, not sure what the heck it is sorting by.

Note: when I had my music on a local drive everything was fine with regards to the above.

If I add a second network share with some different music even sorting by Album Artist is completely broken.

Roon Rock->Auralic Aria G2->Schiit Yggdrasil A2->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301 Monos->Wilson Audio Sabrinas

all my files are on a NAS and...

"Automatically Group" unchecked:

Screen Shot 2016-03-15 17:49:58_1024px.jpg

"Automatically Group" Checked:

Screen Shot 2016-03-15 17:49:19_1024px.jpg

anyway... where files are stored doesn't make any difference, since A+ only uses files embedded tags to sort/group your music, not the whole path or folders structure

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier (or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

all my files are on a NAS and...

"Automatically Group" unchecked:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24766[/ATTACH]

"Automatically Group" Checked:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24767[/ATTACH]

anyway... where files are stored doesn't make any difference, since A+ only uses files embedded tags to sort/group your music, not the whole path or folders structure

I'm using an automount smb share? Maybe my database is somehow corrupted? I double checked my tags and I'm not missing a single tag that A+ would be using.

Roon Rock->Auralic Aria G2->Schiit Yggdrasil A2->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301 Monos->Wilson Audio Sabrinas

if tags are fine then... a database issue, I would guess

try removing then, once your library is empty, re-adding everything

(... I know... I know :( )

headphones system:

Now all that remains is a remote app for us Android Fans!...

Ohhhh Yeessss!!!!!

+1000!!!!!!!

Mac Mini with JRMC26 or Audirvana  / Raspberry4B_4GB(GentooPlayer_LMS) / Raspberry Rpi3B+: Allo DigiOne(GentooPlayer) - M2Tech Evo DAC Two Plus/iPurifier2 - Schiit Vali 2 - Densen DM20pre/30pwr amps - Spendor SP2/3E, Sennheiser HD600 & HD25Aluminum - Audeze Sine

Cables: Vovox, DIY, Furutech. 

Portable sources: iPad, DELL Laptop with JRiver MC26

Wow, this version sounds fantastic!! More clarity and detail, more dynamic, but zero harshness! Keeps getting better, thank you!

Totally true! Damien you did a great job on the SQ of this release.

IsoTek evo3 Sirius⎪Late 2009 27" iMac 20GB w/SSD, 10.10.x ➤Audirvana Plus 3.0.x (Exclusive Direct Integer Mode 1, NOS) & Qobuz HiFi Sublime+ ➤Curious Cables ➤UpTone Audio ISO REGEN (UpTone Audio UltraCap LPS-1 (Breeze Audio R-Core Linear PSU)) ➤UpTone Audio USPCB ➤iFi micro iDAC2 running v5.2a (Bit-Perfect) serving:

➤Nobsound SE OTL headphone amp on Herbie's Soft Tenderfoot (selected tubes with Herbie's UltraSonic Rx) with IsoTek evo3 Premier power cable⎪Audez'e LCD-2 Rev. 2 on Moon Audio Silver Dragon V3 Premium cable

➤Audioengine A5+ with AudioQuest Power NRG-1 cable

➤iFi micro iTube2 ➤Denon AVR-A100 100th Anniversary Edition with IsoTek evo3 Premier power cable on IsoTek evo3 Aquarius⎪B&W 804 D3 bi-amped on Inakustik cables

Figured it out.

A+ doesn't understand the "Album Artist" tag, it only understands the "AlbumArtist" tag.

I had exported my previous test from Roon which must have wrote the "AlbumArtist" tag just like Audirvana likes it.

That ends my use of Audirvana, I can't update the tags on my 140,000 files and upload them all to Crashplan again.

What settings are you using? Are you using forced upsampling?

I have faced some pb with upsampling and 2.4 (Audirvana was skipping parts of the track, every now and then).

I have been obliged to downgrade to 2.3 to recover normal upsampling performance.

Not convinced by the new version so far :-(

What settings are you using? Are you using forced upsampling?

I am not upsampling yet. I tend to listen to how the new A+ versions are "voiced" before I use oversampling - and then, only power of 2. I tweak iZotope settings based on what I'm hearing from each A+ version.

Late 2012 Mac Mini > Audirvana+3 > iFi Zen Stream > Heimdall 2 USB >  iFi iDSD Micro BL > Pass Labs INT-30A > DeVore The Nines! + REL Strata III

"Water is the most critical resource issue of our lifetime and our children's lifetime. The health of our waters is the principal measure of how we live on the land." - Luna Leopold

Hello Damien.

I have asked for the abillity to control the output volume in the remote app using the volumebutton on the device (in my case, Ipad) for some time now and I would appreciate at least a comment on the subject. The solution that you have right now is to put it mildly, not good. All other aspects of the package is just great but .......... :-(

Version 2.3.3 nearly constant spinning wheel on my Mac Mini, 2.4 nearly constant spinning wheel on my Mac Mini. Yesterday it completely froze up my Mac Mini and had to re-boot via on button. If I have the patience to wait approx 30 seconds between each command before being able to do the next command then ok, but that's just not practicable to use.

Anything form 2.2 upwards has had this problem and only seems to get worse with every upgrade (and before asking I have put on several posts previously, but none have been answered).

Audirvana may be a great program, but if I can't use it then it's no good for me.

It's got so bad that I've essentially gave up on Audirvana and have just went back to iTunes :(

I am not upsampling yet. I tend to listen to how the new A+ versions are "voiced" before I use oversampling - and then, only power of 2. I tweak iZotope settings based on what I'm hearing from each A+ version.

Every time Audirvana is upgraded users talk about the change, usually good, in the sound. I had assumed that folks were talking about the sound without up-sampling. Of course many users employ up-sampling. For those that do it would be nice to know what has changed about each version of the program in order to determine a baseline relative to IZotope settings.

Version 2.3.3 nearly constant spinning wheel on my Mac Mini, 2.4 nearly constant spinning wheel on my Mac Mini. Yesterday it completely froze up my Mac Mini and had to re-boot via on button. If I have the patience to wait approx 30 seconds between each command before being able to do the next command then ok, but that's just not practicable to use.

Anything form 2.2 upwards has had this problem and only seems to get worse with every upgrade (and before asking I have put on several posts previously, but none have been answered).

Audirvana may be a great program, but if I can't use it then it's no good for me.

It's got so bad that I've essentially gave up on Audirvana and have just went back to iTunes :(

Odd, what are the specs of your Mac Mini? I have this on both my iMac and my 2011 Mac Mini with an I5, 16gb of ram, and an SSD. It works fine. I am listening to it now.

edit: loving 2.4 right now! Or it could be the wine, I don't know... I will have to sober up before making a decision.

No electron left behind.

edit: loving 2.4 right now! Or it could be the wine, I don't know... I will have to sober up before making a decision.

Go ahead and enjoy the wine. 2.4 is really good. I don't know for certain, but it seems to me there was a bump up in SQ somewhere in the last 2 or 3 betas.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Every time Audirvana is upgraded users talk about the change, usually good, in the sound. I had assumed that folks were talking about the sound without up-sampling. Of course many users employ up-sampling. For those that do it would be nice to know what has changed about each version of the program in order to determine a baseline relative to IZotope settings.

I'll let you know my 2.3.3.8 settings vs. 2.3.4, but so much is system- and interface-dependent. Settings optimized for SPDIF vs. ST fiber - both of which are offered on my DAC - are pretty different IME.

But have a listen and let us know what you think.

I have a mid-2010 Mac Mini, to which I added 16 GB RAM, and all is well here. What are your Mini's specs?

Deleted

Just for music:Mac Mini 2.3 GHz Intel Core i5 60GB SSD, 16GB RAM (Mid 2011) OS X El Capitan 10.11.3 > WD NAS 6TB > Audirvana+>Roon Server > HQPlayer >iPad for Roon Remote> Teac UD-503 DAC > Audio Quest Cinnamon USB cable > Cambridge Audio Azur 840C > Cambridge Audio Azur 840A > Polk LSi 15 > DIY Speaker Cables.